Reviews for Romance By Fire
TheFreelancerSeal chapter 1 . 11/6/2016
Fluff isn't easy to write. I should know, not that I really tried to write pure fluff, but more like I tried to infuse it. But I digress. I saw this in your list, and since I do support Chrom/Sumia wholeheartedly, I decided to read it.

I think this story is pretty good. The premise is very interesting and slightly humorous to me, although I do have a bit of a twisted sense of humor, so I've been told. Anyway, I could picture Sumia leaping right into Chrom's arms and blurting out the words everyone knows she wants to say. And I like the way it ended, Robin going out with Tharja, even if the latter is the creepy stalker type, and Chrom and Sumia going for a nice, private dinner. It was a sweet way to end it.

Now, I do agree with one of the reviews that says the part with Miriel wasn't needed. In fact, I'd say it probably have made a better middle, where they find out it was actually her fault that the castle caught fire. I also think it would have been better to lengthen out some of the dialogue. I don't mean make them talk more, but for instance when Sumia yells out that she loves Chrom, I think it would make better prose to write it like, "'I love you!'" Sumia exclaimed" instead of writing it in all caps. Not saying it wasn't good how you did it and I'm certainly not telling you how to write. It's just my two-cents.

All in all, I liked this story. When the fandom is full of Chrom/Robin stories, I like to see these two get some more love.

Well done.
COOKIECHEESEMAN chapter 1 . 8/26/2016
First attempt at fluff EVER?!
0/10 Boo hoo

This is completely uncharacteristic of me, but I'm going to write an actual analysis (of sorts) for this fic: The first section talking about Miriel was completely unnecessary, AT LEAST CONCERNING A FLUFF STORY. Now, obviously she was the reason the fire was started, but you could have easily scrapped the first section and instead stretched out the section about the room becoming hot and the temperature changing and whatnot. Instead of the room catching on fire within two sentences, it could have been stretched an entire paragraph with more details or a progression of events, and then Miriel could have been cut entirely other than Tharja shouting her name near the end.

The opening section is supposed to set the mood for the story... but the opening section is concerning something that doesn't contribute or directly relate to the fluff you were hoping to achieve. Starting the story with "Chrom and Sumia both loved each other dearly" would have set the tone perfectly for a fluffy fic.

Now, maybe that was just a personal opinion; it's not like I'm a fluff master lol. That was just my observation. Sorry if I sounded like a craphead. I certainly felt crappy writing it, but I felt I needed to express that.

Other than that, I enjoyed the story otherwise. Chrom and Sumia were able to express themselves, and their interactions for the most part are pretty typical (in a good way!) for a fluffy fic. There's even the bonus couple of Robin and Tharja. For a first attempt at fluff this is pretty damn good. You'll be a fluff master in no time!

Maybe Tharja will ask Miriel to burn the castle again for a second date with Robin.
10/10 Woo hoo!
Cormag Ravenstaff chapter 1 . 7/11/2016
This was...interesting. Fluff is not your forte XD It's something that takes practice, or lots of Cookie's influence. Still, it's something every writer should try. I enjoyed this, for what it's worth. I'd like to see it again sometime!