Reviews for Iris Potter and the Exile from Asgard
nightgigjo chapter 7 . 9/11/2016
This series is one of the first featuring fem!Harry that I've really enjoyed. This is also the first time I can recall H/Hr making this much sense to me. It's expanded my fanfic horizons, so thank you. :)

Now, on with the commentary!

Thor/Jane:
Having Jane's POV here (and throughout your fics, IIRC) is so refreshing. She remains the scientist while examining her all-too-human reactions to being around a good looking chap, especially one with an overwhelming presence (presumably his Asgardian-ness).

One nitpick: Thor calling Jane "Miss Foster" instead of "Dr. Foster". I feel Thor's sense of propriety (and possibly his awe of her intellect) would lead him to call her by her proper title, not "Miss". (I will have to go check to see if she introduced herself as "Dr. Foster", but I think she would have. Women who earn advanced degrees don't exactly forget it.)

Bruce/Betty:
I love this scene. Betty picking up on the Oprah-ness of "channeling negative energy" made me chuckle, as did Bruce's too-fast reaction. I love to see justice done to their relationship, and especially to her character. Bruce's "He seems to recognize that a giant green...guy...": I love this phrasing. It shows both Bruce's progress towards recognizing the Hulk (and, by extension, himself) as a person, not a thing or a monster, while displaying that he's still slightly uncomfortable/hesitant about it.

Fury and Coulson's dialogue:
You have these two characters down pat. The tone of this exchange is so perfectly like their interactions in the movies that I can hear it in my head quite clearly. Fury's line about not sitting around waiting to get sucker-punched is the best of these.

Loki, Ross, and the Destroyer (one assumes):
I like how you lined these up, especially interrupting Ross's spiel to bring up the attack on the SHIELD base. I was wondering the second half would seem disjointed with so many POV changes so quickly, but it worked once I'd read it all. Loki is his usual villainous self, Ross is doing all the wrong things for what he thinks are the right reasons, and Coulson is stuck with damage control.

SPaG/Formatting suggestions:
I would put the sentence starting "Once Iris had driven everyone away..." in a separate paragraph to highlight it.

That's it! Thanks for a great read, and I look forward to R&Ring the next chapter!
Guest chapter 9 . 9/6/2016
Looking forward to the next chapter
Jack Inqu chapter 9 . 9/7/2016
I got a good laugh out of Jane being dumbfounded by magic. That will be fun to see her try and deal with.

Good chase scene. I'm a little iffy on the tanks, considering this was a covert, black operation.

I did not expect Captain America to show up. I feel that the soldiers may have turned on Ross a little too easily, but I can rationalize it: it's Captain America, a living legend; Ross was talking about killing civilians, experimenting on women, and generally losing his composure in a big way; most of the men were pulled together from different places, so they didn't have much personal loyalty to Ross.

So Freyja is behind the raven. Well, that should make things interesting...

Take care, good luck, and I look forward to your next update.
I Just Won A Free Toaster Oven chapter 9 . 9/6/2016
I love Steve. That was awesome. I also enjoyed the way Jane was flipping out over Science clashing with Magic. And that ending is very interesting. I look forward to seeing where this goes.
Lunaris-wind chapter 9 . 9/6/2016
Interesting. Didn't expect Cap to save the day. Cool.
Bearmauls chapter 9 . 9/6/2016
Hmm, mixed feelings on this chapter.

I like all the character bits, for sure. Having tanks show up seemed a bit over-kill. They're a little harder to conceal than troops, and usually don't go 'missing' for black ops, since they're difficult to move around inconspicuously. Still, Hermione deserved it for tempting fate like that!

I'm surprised they never tried to use any concealment magic. Disillusionment, aversion wards, etc. You'd think those tools would be better for use against muggles than outright force, since they have no means of unraveling them.

I think Captain America talking the soldiers down was a bit too pat, though. Maybe it's just me, but I have a hard time believing hardened soldiers would turn on their CO like that.

I like the bit with Freyja, though! Foreshadowing :)
goddragonking chapter 9 . 9/6/2016
great chapter , love the way this story is going, keep up the excellent work! Keep the good writing and hope for more update soon can't wait to read more:)
inFamousSlyMonkey chapter 9 . 9/6/2016
Great chapter, such an exhilarating chase through the town.

I could almost feel the anger Hermione had when Ross said they were going to take Iris away.

Jane, Darcy (who's amazing be the way) and Selvig standing in front of Iris and Hermione to stop an army of special forces. The courage must have brought a tear to Captain America's eye.

Ah the old "I thought you were dead." "I got better." line. Classic.

Don't think Hermione & Iris are going to appreciate being used in Freyja's revenge plan.

Great work again, look forward to more :) :) :) :)
Valdimarian chapter 9 . 9/6/2016
Something I'm not sure if anyone's pointed out in an Avengers fic that involves General Ross by he's violating probably a half dozen laws, not the least of which would be kidnapping, assault, and having the US army operate on US soil. And unfortunately for the soldiers under his command, they are all just as culpable as he is, since the regulations actually say your not just allowed, but required to disobey any orders that are illegal (like kidnapping a US citizen on US soil).
drakonpie250 chapter 9 . 9/6/2016
Freyja is the mother of witches?
thekingofsweden1 chapter 9 . 9/6/2016
A bit campy, but a good campy since it fit the character so well.
starboy454 chapter 9 . 9/6/2016
excellent update go Hermione kick his ass so cap back now to
PascalDragon chapter 8 . 9/3/2016
Well, the part with the Destroyer went about as expected, except for Iris getting back her powers *shrugs* Okay, then not.
Of course Ross had to take the opportunity however to attack Iris. I have the feeling that things are about to get bloody... :/
Jack Inqu chapter 8 . 8/31/2016
Hmm, so the raven isn't one of the two that attend Odin, which begs the question: who is it?

Interesting developments all around. So Odin claimed to have wiped out the wand-wielders, or at least exiled them, as part of yet another prophecy. I'm sure Iris will be thrilled to hear that...

Huh, so Loki thinks that Hermione might be the Black Witch of the prophecy. Interesting.

Hermione made a pretty impressive showing in the fight; hopefully she has some left in the tank for the soldiers.

Take care, good luck, and I look forward to your next update.
FreeTraderBeowolf chapter 8 . 8/31/2016
So we finish the fight with the destroyer only to Ross and his goons show up. I wonder what will happen next.
145 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 .. Last Next »