Reviews for Kendo no Go: A Fanfic in 100 Chapters
Calger chapter 12 . 2/16/2003
Hmm I've never read this novel, I wonder how similar it really is to RK...I just think it's interesting to read about household life from Kaoru's POV, although the tone seems very sad much of the time. I guess I imagined their married life to be a little happier, silly me ;) Oh btw, toddlers only "hate" (a better word would be "indifference") their fathers for a short period of time, maybe until they're 2 or 2 1/2 then all of a sudden they adore them (I've seen this firsthand with my friend's son). Kenji wouldn't hate Kenshin forever, Kaoru's worrying too much ;) I think she's in character, what's with all the shonen-ai commentary from reviewers, where would that even factor in here? *blink blink* hehe oh well, I hope you make it to 100 chapters!
Girliegirl chapter 12 . 2/16/2003
I'm loving these little introspections into K&K's married life. It's so bittersweet...the story behind the fairy-tale wedding, ne? It's so great how you have such a handle on Kenshin & Kaoru's characters... *sigh* Kenshin, Kenshin, Kenshin... you'll never lighten up, ne? ) Akai, you're just a genius... thank you for sharing your stories with us! )

*sigh*... even though it was just a little snippit... Itadakimasu really tore me apart... can't imagine why Kenji would harbor such feelings against his father.
Clarus chapter 11 . 2/13/2003
*hugs you*

More beauty, more pain . . .

Loving this so much . . .

Clarus

*who is tickled pink to be even mentioned in the same sentence as Team Bonet.*
Clarus chapter 9 . 2/12/2003
*wince* I guess my last review was worded poorly-sorry about that. I meant: I *like* your Kaoru. You've done her justice, I think, which says more for your talent. If you can make a firm Kaoru-hater (me) want to read something starring Kaoru . . .

The Kaoru I don't like is the one touted by some of the teeny-bopper writers here. . . but that's a whole other soapbox. (I don't particularly care for anime-Kaoru, either. 'Cause I just-don't. Yet ANOTHER soapbox.) I'll quit wasting your review space now . . .

Great chapter, per usual. Your style is really consistent; is muy good. Definitely looking forward to more from you.

*smiles* Now I just need to convert you to the SanoKen Ship (we could use some awesome writers like you, and you've got *such* a handle on these characters!), and all will be well . . . *kidding!*

Same bat time, same bat station,

Oryo chapter 9 . 2/11/2003
Thank you for sharing this fic with us. It is a very interesting project, and quite captivating, because it is so rare that people write about KK without making them the perfect couple. I like how you portray all these small and bigger problems accompanying the life of a couple.

It's really a pity that you have only this few readers, but I think this is the prize for breaking up with general clich├ęs. I like Kaoru somehow, but I also like your portrayal of her, because it seems quite realistic.

May inspiration be with you!
Clarus chapter 8 . 2/10/2003
Ah, more beautiful pain . . . I'm *really* enjoying this. I feel Much Love for this fic, I really do. I *like* how you've portrayed Kaoru-all the "Kaoru's an awesome fighter, grrr!" fics really just piss me off.

Hm. See, shounen-ai and yaoi are two different things. Yaoi is the smut. Shounen-ai is the romance. A lot of writers don't make the distinction, but is is there.

Eee. Feel the love.

Clarus chapter 6 . 2/8/2003
I guess I'll forgive you . . . Especially if you keep turning out beautiful chapters like this. Wow. I'm stunned at how you're getting into their heads. It's beautiful!

Clarus.

(yaoi "romance" in a nutshell: "I love you, Sano." "I love you, Kenshin" Kiss, nipple, suck, one-two-three finger, fuck. Hee hee . . . I guess that's just the course of action for a PWP, but beyond that-everything else is the same.)

*runs off*
Clarus chapter 5 . 2/3/2003
*cackles* I knew their marriage was doomed! I'm so glad I'm not the only one who sees it!

Now, we just need to get Sano back for some sweet yaoi lovin'. *winks*

Seriously-"Songs" almost made me cry. Kaoru wants to go get "sweets" with her friends? She's a mom; you don't get to go party with the girls when you're a mom. *hates Kaoru*

I'm enjoying this fic very much. If you make 100 chapters, I'll um-throw you a party. Yeah. *ducks out.*
EK chapter 5 . 2/3/2003
Are you seriously going to do a hundred chappies? Won't that be a bit hard on you?

Just asking. Don't mind me. Just keep writing.

EK 8 )
Lirpa Eus chapter 5 . 2/2/2003
You're doing a great job, Akai. I have been reading but not reviewing *bad, bad!* I really liked this one, showing a little more depth to Kenshin's decision to not remain at home. It fits the series perfectly. (I loved the part with the "lanky, bamboo-screen headed policeman*) Please continue.
Clarus chapter 2 . 1/29/2003
Check it out, Kenshin and Kaoru that doesn't make my teeth rot. I liked the second chapter more than the first, but you really have great style, and *all* the ideas I've seen here are original. Or, maybe they aren't, because usually when something has "Kaoru" in the title (and it's not part of something like, "Kenshin doesn't like Kaoru, he likes Sano, boy-sex ahoy."), I run as quickly as I can. So-kudos to you. You make her palatable.
581 | « Prev Page 1 .. 29 36 37 38 39