Reviews for Harry Potter with the Power the Dark Lord Knows Not
Iceleaf13 chapter 51 . 10/19
I've really quite enjoyed these stories. How very disappointing it is that they had to end. I will certainly be recommending them to my sister.
Iceleaf13 chapter 4 . 10/17
It is nice to find a story that does not speak in scathing tones about arranged marriages.
NathKingCoal chapter 1 . 10/15
that serie was amazing, tho i must say im biased since most of my favorite characters were present, snape was actually nice and dumbbbbbledore was bad. thank you for this great piece of reading!
neha1705 chapter 51 . 10/11
I absolutely love this series
Bjalf chapter 2 . 10/8
I'm not happy with the betrothal contract nonsense. Otherwise it's a good story.
Damien NightFall chapter 51 . 10/5
Apsolutely smashing story! However it does annoy me that you sort of hyped up the Deathly Hallows but then never did anything with them.
One of the best HP fics I have ever read!
Janie.ohio chapter 51 . 10/2
I really really really loved this one. It was a lot different than so many, yet had some of my favorite elements of HP fanfiction. and I loved that the years went just rehashes of Canon. your Triwizard was so Not boring, and I just loved it all. I'd love to see some oneshots set later sometime!
Avatar Whitelighter chapter 32 . 9/18
I was honesty still expecting you to write Hermione as Viktor's date. Then we could have still had the Ron drama ... and Harry taking Ron in hand yet again. But I can see why you didn't ... Hermione is all a footnote in your series of stories.
Violet-san chapter 51 . 9/18
Wow... what a ride! I've read all stories of this series in a row now (apologies for only writing one review, but really, it was just too interesting to stop and write in the middle, even though that means I won't possibly be able to express all of the thoughts and feelings I had when reading this) and I must say: it really is great!
I admit I wasn't sure about reading another Harry Potter retelling at first as the only major difference seemed to be the house Harry was sorted into, but the relatively short length of the first novel convinced me. And I definitely don't regret it!
It was really a well thought-out series, with very interesting twists, it was great how canon was mostly only influenced by the changed coming from your different Harry (except for the traditionalism of course, but that was a nice change too) and I really liked most events and how they played together.

The only thing that annoyed me a little was how the "stupid" people in your story never seemed to learn. Pansy only ever stopped her harassment when her father threatened her, but at least she stopped, but Anthony was really horrible from the beginning and although I believe you tried to make him a bit more believable at the beginning (like when he forgot about his dislike of Harry during their plans with the chocolate business) the moment the other Ravenclaw boys stopped talking to Harry he turned into nothing more than an arrogant arse, without us ever seeing any difference.
The same with Ron, though even worse. I don't usually mind a little bit of Ron bashing (though it's sad how few stories actually *don't* bash him...), but that he never seemed to learn anything, just to be the antagonist in a way it seemed, was a bit sad. I had assumed even if he was unable to learn that at least Dean would be able to hold him back after having lost Gryffindor hundreds of points or be kept in detention forever. That he still went on with his Harry is a Death Eater trash talk... meh.
I liked that Molly Weasley got some psychological attention though, that was an interesting way to solve that conflict. Maybe they should have forced Ron to do something similar, really...

But yes, this was my biggest problem with the series, really, as it was really enjoyable to read (though I'm also a little sad that the Skeeter problem was never resolved as I found her actions incredibly aggravating, but I understand your reasoning) and many scenes had me at the edge of my seat and kept me reading even though I really should have done other stuff, haha.
Thank you for having written these stories!
I hope to see some more Harry Potter from you some day - as I'm really not into Buffy, sadly - but until then: Keep writing, it was a pleasure!
InTheShadows3 chapter 51 . 9/17
Love every aspect of this series. I would really like to see one shot - confrontation between Lord Potter and The Dursleys. He would smash them, preferably in public when people would bow to him. Like he would buy of the firm where his uncle works or sth.
Avatar Whitelighter chapter 17 . 9/17
Wow I would think McGongall would be a full blown traditionalist.
Avatar Whitelighter chapter 15 . 9/16
As a Ron Weasley loverI must say I love your version of him. I can believe Ron giving free reign to his prejudices without Harry or Hermione's inferences.
? Have you forgotten that you cannot apostate at Hogwarts?
This series has kept me entranced for a few days now. I loved it. Simply a beautifully constructed series. Thank you for the lovely read xoxo
1,658 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »