Reviews for Rise
PixiePatronus13675 chapter 1 . 2/23
I always found the Lucius/Narcissa dynamic fascinating. Tinylexie writes fantastic stories about them.
mysticalphoenix-avalon chapter 1 . 9/19/2016
Good work. Feeling the hate. Thumbs up.
keeptheotherone chapter 1 . 7/22/2016
It never ceases to freak me out how someone who writes such fun and happy stories can also write creepy ones-well done, dear. Love the choice of Bella's escape and telling it from Narcissa's POV so that you have the emotion of the sisters' reunion. Seeing Narcissa be alarmed by her sister's expression and demeanor was creepy too, because it indicates a significant change in her and adds to the mystery of Azkaban. Good details too with Narcissa's concern about Draco in the beginning, especially since we know what she'll do to protect him in just a few months.
cat chapter 1 . 7/21/2016
Yeah! Another update. For a moment I wondered what this was referring to, then I realized it was the mass Breakout in OotP. I'm not one who thinks about the Malfoys very much, but I was reminded of how Lucius and Cissy are an evil power couple and how Narcissa is the only one who ever has enough closeness with Bellatrix to snap at her ("Don't you dare blame my husband" and "Don't you dare speak to Draco like that"). You really brought out their weird icky family love here.
wisegirlgranger chapter 1 . 7/20/2016
well, that was both creepy and amazing at the same time :) great job as usual!

idea for your centennial story: dumbledores 100th birthday ft. mcgonnagal & abeforth :)
zedille chapter 1 . 7/22/2016
Ok, I know you're avoiding spoilers re Cursed Child, so I'll avoid saying anything more about that, but ... you'll see why I keep bringing it up once you've seen/read it, haha!

Using Narcissa as a POV for Voldemort and Bellatrix's reunion was a really clever decision, considering her relation to Bellatrix and her eventual betrayal of Voldemort. I hadn't thought much about this set of characters, but I'd love to see more if you decide to keep writing them! Narcissa especially - this really captured that air of hauteur and class I always imagine her with (never mind her hair in the movie!), her apprehension at seeing Voldemort in her house, and also that familial joy at seeing Bella again.
top story chapter 1 . 7/21/2016
Some family reunion
banzi chapter 1 . 7/21/2016
I liked it.
hatty porrer chapter 1 . 7/20/2016
Good job finding a way to stick to cannon! Great to see the two sister's reunion, and Bellatrix was written perfectly as always :) I liked that Narcissa had some misgivings about her too, there would have to be some times when their differences strained the relationship.
Alohaemora chapter 1 . 7/20/2016
Oh my Lord, I don't know how you did it, but I think you've just managed to tug on my heartstrings and make my skin crawl at the same time! The scene between Narcissa and Bellatrix was SPOT-ON. The tears, Narcissa's aghast reaction to her sister's emaciated appearance...everything was very creepily sisterly. Ooh, I also loved your portrayal of Lucius/Narcissa/Draco...how Narcissa nervously waits for her husband to get home, how she is against her son joining the Death Eaters before he is of age (that's some eerie foreshadowing), but how Draco is eager and curious. And OH MY GOD, when Voldemort entered the room I think I literally felt a chill LOL. You described him so perfectly: a tall, thin shadow. But I think my favorite line was regarding Bella: "Narcissa was quite sure that she had quite forgotten that anyone else was in the room." So accurate. Incredible writing! I can't wait to see what you come out with for your 100th! I'm sure it'll be amazing!
MuggleCreator chapter 1 . 7/20/2016