Reviews for Stealing Secrets: A College - Mental Illness AU
FiliandKili'sGirl18 chapter 1 . 12/19/2017
Only one chapter in and i know i am going to LOVE this! I struggle with anxiety and an eating disorder and i self harmed a bit as a teenager, and it's great to see realistic portrayals of it all.
FanAddicted2000 chapter 1 . 12/9/2017
I knew Emma could do it ! Great chapters, thanks for sharing your work with us :D
Fan-of-Fandom279 chapter 14 . 12/6/2017
Wow. I just read this entire fanfic from start to finish and, wow. It was beautifully written, the chapters were super long and the story was amazing. I think I can honestly say that this is my favourite fanfic that I’ve ever read. You should be proud. I loved it.
Guest chapter 14 . 12/4/2017
Aldhlahdlsjdpsjsls I was ECSTATIC that Emma was out of the hospital and then I read the end of the chapter and now I'm over the moon! This has been a long ride, but it has definitely been worth it.

Im sorry you're having a rough patch :/ I'm experiencing a similar time during my first semester of college and it really sucks. You're a real trooper though. I'm so happy that you were able to write (not only because it produced this awesome chapter) but because I know what it is to have your productivity curtailed by mental illness and how good it feels when you're able to accomplish something finally. ~Gabi
imhookedonaswan chapter 14 . 12/2/2017
im seriously crying with happiness right now! This chapter was amazing, just seeing how much Emma has progressed and changed to come to this moment in the sun surrounded by her friends is making me super emo.
Also as someone who went to college in Oregon and saw almost no sunlight for weeks at a time, those sun lamps are a god send!
baratta.jennifer chapter 14 . 11/30/2017
Best chapter yet
Nugget chapter 14 . 11/30/2017
Thank you for another wonderful chapter. Every new chapter gives me more hope that eventually it'll all be ok. I've never heard of these marches until now but I really want to participate in one now that I know of them. Amazing update :)
Guest chapter 13 . 9/12/2017
Gahhhhh two kisses! You know your slow burn is good when two joking kisses get me all excited. (Although I'll wager they're half-serious). My favorite part was when Killian visited, but it was great to see MM and Emma bond and to hear more about her story. Also yay for OCD representation, no matter how minor!
I'm dying for Emma to leave the hospital and go on a real date with Killian. They've been through so much together it's about time they got to have some normal fun. I understand Emma needs to be on a decent med but I'm dying over here :P ~Gabi
Nugget chapter 13 . 9/10/2017
Another great chapter! This story and what you've shared is really helping me through my stuff. I'm trying to think about things differently and sort out how I feel but with my grandma recently being diagnosed with Alzheimer's it's getting a bit more complicated. So thank you so much for writing this and not being afraid to share your story to help others because it really does help and I always look forward to the next chapter and the next bit of advice you give.
baratta.jennifer chapter 13 . 9/10/2017
Best chapter yet.
Guest chapter 12 . 9/2/2017
Man that scene where Emma showed the doctor and then Killian her scars was really intense. Killian's speech afterwards was fantastic. He (and you) are so wise. I'm officially a college student with mental illness now so reading this story just got even cooler. Too bad I haven't met a Killian on campus to have movie nights with yet. I have a girl on my floor who shares a lot of my difficulties though which is really cool.

Oh gosh I'm not sure. My first thought was this story since it's probably the best portrayal of mental illness that I've seen. Well there is this indie movie called No Letting Go that was really neat to watch because it's basically my family's story. Everyone in my immediate family has some kind of mental illness but what was especially difficult for us was the fact that my siblings have had their forms of mental illness present themselves as children and that's been really tough to deal with. Figuring out it was more than just ADHD and general irritability took a while and once we realized that it took some time to figure out what disorder they struggled with and how best to help them. I've got to say having your siblings lash out at you is rough. Loving them while they go through the process of dealing with their disorders is hard, but this movie portrays that so beautifully.
Guest chapter 6 . 9/1/2017
Gahhhhh the scene at the dropoff is one of my absolute favorites of this story. It's so raw and painfully honest. Also it hadn't occurred to me but Killian's back story just makes this scene all the more painful because Killian's been through this before (in a way). His pure fear when he was going to the dropoff was heartbreaking. Because he already had to lose one person he loved. And he shouldn't have to lose any more people. He just needs a long hug.
Guest chapter 5 . 9/1/2017
Awww I love how Emma can help Killian with his difficult emotions too!
Guest chapter 4 . 8/31/2017
Your description of the movies through Emma's eyes is fantastic. Her anxiety was palpable as she began to realize she might have a mental illness. It can be terrifying at first (even if, or perhaps especially because I have people with mental illness in my immediate family). Your portrayal of that realization was spot on.
milieumarch chapter 12 . 8/30/2017
I actually audibly gasp every time I see this story updated because I'm so excited. This story is so important to me for many reasons and it's so well written. I love the themes of healing and acceptance and Emma finding her inner strength but also learning how to have a support system.