Reviews for A Different Kind of Love Story
JSLaw chapter 12 . 8/23
I'm just reading this story again and must say, that I'm less piss off about what they did in this chapter than I was before. But I still wanna shake them and scream at them. It's still great, cause this are strong emotions. Eh... how much I love reread this story! Still amazing!
petrynronlover chapter 2 . 6/21
Wow this was a great story! I was so enchanted I admit to reading it even at work! Thank you for taking the time to pit this out here
Rowena Pendragon chapter 17 . 4/27
LOVE this story! I'd love seeing a sequel with them as adults. As much as I love Hogwarts, seeing the characters in their adult lives sounds fascinating. I appreciate how you brought the Potter-Weasley fam to life. And I'm glad Draco has some redemption at the end. He seemed so awful before!
Rowena Pendragon chapter 6 . 4/26
Beginning of chapter question: I thought Slughorn was Potion's teacher? You say that earlier.

Otherwise, I'm really enjoying the story so far! Your depiction of everything fits my headcanon much better than Cursed Child ever did.
GynBot chapter 1 . 3/19
If you're going to put time and date stamps at the top of each section remember to keep them consistent. It went from them talking (arguing) in Rose's room at 3:00pm to Scorpius in his room brooding at 2:30pm same day.
I really have been enjoying reading this and I like your writing style even with all the angst. Really the main things I have noticed that could use some work is some pronoun help (putting his when you meant her) and minor inconsistency issues.
Bruna Pereira chapter 17 . 2/23
this was cute 3
Bruna Pereira chapter 4 . 2/22
I don't know if you still read these, the reviews I mean, but answering you, I hated The Cursed ChildParts III. it just seemed poorly written and rushed and as if they were trying to make money, not tell a story. and the fact that it was written in the form of a play made things even worse. I can picture Harry being a distant father, working in the ministry, but I just know or just can't get myself to believe he was distant enough to make a child feel that way. specially whem we consider the way he grew up. hermione being minister for magic at such a young age also didn't seem really realistic. Ron was downgraded to just being a kind of dumb sidekick. the only thing I liked was the Malfoys. and that's about it. and what about coming back in time for Cedric? that should not even make any sense in Albus perspective! anyway, I like your fanfiction, though.
Lara1221 chapter 17 . 1/15
I don’t write as much reviews as I should but I wanted to For this one because I got sucked in yesterday and couldn’t stop reading. I’ve read stuff like this before but Rose, in particular, was crazy fleshed our and I loved both characters intricacies and that really made the story for me. Also, I thought the timeline was super realistic, I hate it when people rush things. All the other characters were spot on as well and I adored Alice and lily. Overall, it’s just a great story but there is one thing I wanted to critique you on. As the story drew on the long, wordy paragraphs about insecurities and feelings became very, very repetitive. There were so many nearly identical paragraphs of contemplation (he/she was the girl that..., she was a zombie and everyone new it (you specifically used the word zombie like seventeen times), mouths falling open in shock, etc). If you reread I’m sure you’ll find even more. I just thought this was something good to keep in mind for your future projects. I’m in love with teddy/Vic so that one has my vote but all of them sound interesting.
jeelpromos chapter 17 . 11/21/2017
The whole frustration thing works well at making people read the story. Ensured I got through till the end. But that is a hell of an unhealthy relationship.

Most importantly, rose is NOT a selfless character. She almost sounded like Bella to me. She doesn't care about anyone else's feelings in the actual story even though she does think she cares about everyone based on her thoughts of the past.
Even while apologizing to Alice, she makes it all about herself. She'd thought once that Alice was just a little selfish but instead Alice is super selfless.
Rose is so self obsessed, it's really annoying. There was a point when I wanted scorpius to walk away simply so that he could live his life happily instead of having to prove himself to everyone.

Done with a rose rant.

Congratulations for this story though. It was really well written. Love your writing style and your dialogues. Very witty characters. Storyline has been done many a times before, but this was a completely new way of doing it. And rose, while being an extremely irritating character, was very realistic since that's how we all liveobsessed with our own lives.

Wanna read a spin off of Albus and Alice!
talyak chapter 17 . 11/7/2017
I used to read your HP stories and stumbled on this by accident :)

Great story!
CelesteTheFangirl chapter 3 . 9/28/2017
Awww, poor Rose.
CelesteTheFangirl chapter 1 . 9/28/2017
Ooooh I just got chills
Guest chapter 17 . 9/12/2017
The best rose scorp story i have read in a long long long time. You should be so proud! I love the way you have characterised Scorpius. Amazing. I kindve wish Rose was the Pop star tho i always imagine her being a closeted singer IS THAT WEIRD?! Literally love it
Guest chapter 17 . 8/29/2017
AHHHHHHH! Yet another wonderful story. WE NEED MORE SCOROSE!
xxally93 chapter 17 . 8/3/2017
Loved this story so much, you finished it off fantastically. I feel so much nostalgia for this Rose and Scorpius already and hope you return with a sequel one day. Wonderful job!