Reviews for What Is Intelligence?
Absolutely adorable. Very well written as well. Please keep up the good work.
Captain Vegeta chapter 1 . 3/20
Ah, I remember "Donatello's Duplicate" so well! It was one of my favorite episodes when I was growing up and it is so nice to see someone giving the 80s series a little love. :) This was a beautiful epilogue to that episode. Michelangelo being all awkward about approaching Donatello with his concern was just adorable and so very cute! As for Donatello, I can just see him being crestfallen at his brother's heartbreak. And that "Eureka!" moment Donatello had when he figured out how he could explain to his feelings Michelangelo was just perfect! Love it!

Also, kudos to you for keeping the theory Donatello mentioned in the proper timeline. I love to see such thought being put into a story! Thank you so much for sharing this with us! :)
SewerSurfin chapter 1 . 2/19
I read this a while ago on Ao3, but wanted to leave a review here too! I absolutely love this! Donatello's Duplicate is one of my favorite episodes of the original show, and I could tell that the remark from the Donatello!clone really did hurt Michelangelo. He generally takes Raphael and Donatello's jabs in stride, but this one he actually reacted to. I love this expansion on it. I always sensed that these two weren't as close in this show as they are in others, so this is a great look into the fact that that they both DO care about each other, even if they are polar opposites. And I love the different forms of intelligence! Excellent way for Donatello to connect with his brother and come to an understanding. I adore this so much!
LuckyLadybug chapter 1 . 11/20/2016
This is so good! I just love stories that expand on things in particular episodes. The clone really was cruel! I had hoped for a little more resolution too, although I knew the episode wouldn't have had anything like your wonderful piece.

Splinter is so patient, yes. I love how you portrayed him in this scene. And the way Donatello helped Michelangelo feel better is perfect! This is such a good way to insert some great familial drama into the earlier 87 seasons. It fits in so well and doesn't feel out of place at all. The 87 series could really balance comedy and drama well.
Andromakhe chapter 1 . 8/1/2016
I'm not sure Don would rank his intelligence as less important than Mike's, but I do see that he'd understand the importance of social intelligence. Don saying he's better at the academics than even Leo and Splinter sounded like him, though.

I would think Mike would be wrong about motive some of the time, but never the emotions.

I think of Leo as having good verbal skill, too, along with Raphael. Though of course, Leo would be very formal and serious. Which is of course why whenever he does make a pun, people point it out. Haha.

Liked the brothers heading to bed arm in arm. Cute.
Zelgadis55 chapter 1 . 7/29/2016
It's good to see some resolution for this episode. There were so many hurtful things said and done during it. Its funny, this was actually one of the more recent of the '87 episodes I watched, so it was actually right in mind as I read this, making it easier to see how this could happen.

Even better, I learnt something new (and in an intersting way at that) by reading this story XD
Guest chapter 1 . 7/25/2016
this was absolutely PERFECT! and everything I needed!
roxygoth chapter 1 . 7/24/2016
Ah! Adorable, I loved it. I also loved Donatellos Duplicate. So sweet. Roxy
LooksOnTempests chapter 1 . 7/24/2016
Very nice. I liked this. I have also thought that the Turtles are such great examples of Gardner's theory of multiple intelligences. You see it in every incarnation. Like Raph in the 2012 Turtles has a way with pigeons and with his pet turtle Spike is an indication of his naturalistic intelligence. Good job with this.
MARSHMELLOWTOASTIE chapter 1 . 7/24/2016
This was great.
Don and Mikey talking about the different types of intelligence and what each brother had was awesome.
I think you got the language of the 80's turtles down.
This is good quality work.