Reviews for The Cat
HephaestusBuilds chapter 16 . 6/12
Been meaning to read this chapter for awhile and I'm glad I did. I remember when I first watched this episode for the first time, man, it messed me up seeing all my favorite characters dying. I of course knew it couldn't be real but it showed me that this show would go there. A dark place that many won't. And you doing this chapter shows the same thing. I'm a bit worried to be honest for these characters, they're just kids. The show didn't glance over the repercussions of this episode but it never went in deep enough for me. I have a feeling(and am hoping) that you'll dive into the after effects, giving them justice. Ha, accidental pun. Cat and Robin's take on the whole event are what I'm really looking forward to. Of course I am looking forward to all of theirs but Cat and Dick especially. The events of that day really shaped Dick into who he is today, Nightwing and not just a copy of Batman.

Anyway, really loved the chapter and glad to see you won't be doing the cliche love triangle thing. It would just take away from the current story. A little crush just based on looks for Robin about Zatanna would be fine I guess, and vice versa, but just tone it down if you do because they're just 13(I think she's 13 too).

I have a question, I have no idea if you've already answered this, and if you have I'm sorry for not paying attention, but are you planning on continuing this story through the 5 year time jump to season 2? I think that, if done right, it could really be interesting because of how much Dick changed in that time. Let's say Cat leaves during that or for a part of that time skip and comes back to find Dick completely different character wise. She could really help him.
I don't know, maybe you just want to do season 1, and that's completely fine since his after all your story, but I think it's worth the thought at least.

Also, give me more of the Bruce and Selena please. The way Cat and Dick talk about them it's obvious something is going on and I want to see it.

This has been a long review, guess I'll wrap it up as I always do. I absolutely loved this chapter and I can't wait until the next update. Have a great rest of the week.

Hephaestus
Aryanne chapter 16 . 6/10
OMFG THIS IS CAPTURE HER EMOTIONS SO BEAUTIFULLY AND HER RELATIONSHIP WITH THE TEAM AND ROBIN.I'M SO READY FOR THE ANGST HAHA
Guest 2.0 chapter 2 . 6/4
Fun fact: I like seeing Catgirl's development as well as your writing style develop. If we're being honest here, Catgirl is incredibly cringy and just... parts were awkward to read because of her in the first few chapters (like this one!). In later updates, however, your writing has gotten so much better and so has Catgirl's. The improvement is really quite impressive so kudos to you! :)
KindOfDone chapter 16 . 6/4
I hope as the story progress you'll do better to diversify Bella from Dick. I understand they're best friends and then love interests, but it feels like Bella's whole world revolves around Dick and vice versus so much so that sometimes she feels like the cliche Catgirl character we see far too often. Show us more of who Bella is if Dick didn't exist, because it feels like her whole life revolves around him.

It's predictable and this story has been kind of lost on me now.

That's just my two sense before I leave this story be.

Sorry.
Lorien Legacy chapter 16 . 6/3
great chapter continue soon please
C.B. Weasley chapter 16 . 6/3
Holy shit I am an absolute emotional wreck after that chapter! That was insanely intense but really good! I am so happy to see another chapter from you! I’m really starting to feel the tension between Dick and Arabella ramp up now! I would really love to see an Arabella and Kaldur comforting scene after he sacrificed himself for her! Keep up the amazing work gorgeous!
rinpup14 chapter 16 . 6/2
God I remember that episode it was so raw and sad I cried 2
blackcharizard762 chapter 1 . 6/2
Git gud scrub
Briezy23 chapter 16 . 6/1
Oh my God that was amazing! Hands down one of your best chapters, you definitely did it justice. It was absolutely worth the wait. Really the only thing I can think to give you right now is praise.
tjgrov157 chapter 16 . 6/1
This is great. It felt like I was rewatching the episode instead of reading a fanfiction. Excellent job!
A Deathless Song chapter 16 . 6/1
This chapter was so amazing. The emotions were intense and genuine, and the situation really underscored how compassionate Arabella inherently is, especially in the face of tragedy. I was really looking forward to your take on this episode, and you by far surpassed my expectations. Thanks so much for the update; this story just keeps getting better as it goes on. n_n
tjgrov157 chapter 15 . 4/17
This is a pretty good story. Can't wait for the Failsafe chapter!
KingTritium chapter 15 . 4/17
Fair point. Character flaws are good to have. I do think you need to support that kind of outburst better so it feels more natural to the character, though. It was at least jarring for me.
HephaestusBuilds chapter 15 . 4/10
Hey that's me! Sooo glad this story is still going on, it might've taken a while but I finally read the last chapter and I loved it. The love triangle begins, so excited to see how you're gonna handle that.
Great chapter as always and have a great rest of the week.
Hephaestus
Briezy23 chapter 15 . 4/3
Speaking as someone who has her own unpublished catgirl story and is still slaving over this episode, I have unimaginable respect to you for finishing this chapter. Now I’m not saying it wasn’t a struggle to read, it was, but it wasn’t because of your writing. This was the first episode I watched and I hated Zatanna’s characters so much that it took months for my friend to convince me to give the show another chance. I basically had the same reaction to her as Arabella in the sense that I liked her for about five minutes and then she got annoying. Thank goodness Arabella’s amazing development in this chapter was enough to distract me from her. I really like how you had her handle her jealousy, the whole “I wanna be nice but it’s not working” sorta thing. It makes sense considering her past. So sorry for the long review and I can’t wait for the next chapter (it’s one of my favorites).