Reviews for The AVIS Band
Freaking Roy! Go away! Lol
Guest chapter 12 . 10/31/2016
Love this!
AerisHeartily12 chapter 12 . 10/31/2016
Loved this chapter! I think Charlie has found the perfect match, haha. Looking forward to seeing where Anne and Gil are headed to next ;)
guest chapter 12 . 10/31/2016
I enjoy this fic so much. Thank you for such a fun story!
Kim Blythe chapter 12 . 10/30/2016
Oh, I am sure that Gil's winking at Anne on stage as he started to play the first song, along with Phil's little bourbon, Diana's massaging Anne's arms and Gil making Anne do some prancing, really did help Anne to play much better on her very first gig with the AVIS band !

Mmmmm, The leather pants are back !

I am so happy for Ruby and Spencer ! And that she and Gil really did stay friends after all !

I had thought for sure that Gilbert would have got rid of his blouse entirely to Josie after she had grabbed on it so forcefully (you know, like that she would have a piece of the famous Gil Blythe, wishing to never wash it over, sleep with it under her pillow, smelling it all the time) !

Are Diana and Fred going to help Gil a little for him to win Anne's heart seing that they are both starting to realise that Gil seems to be little shy around Anne...
LizzyEastwood chapter 12 . 10/30/2016
You've sucked me into your story! I am enjoying the slow burn you have going on here. Can't wait for the pay off! It's very well done.
Catiegirl chapter 12 . 10/30/2016
Yay! I love that Fred and Di are starting to watch Gil, there's certainly plenty of evidence he's smitten! Good. And surely Di is noticing stuff about Anne too? I loved the pronking, it so made me laugh- as well as the intimacy of inviting Anne into his pre-show rituals! I love this Gil so much, he's really not what he appeared to be on first meeting; I love how you have unfolded him so gradually here. I loved their reactions to each other, and most especially on stage- I can't wait to see that come together!
Good to see the pants are back, it's very important to all of us... that quote in the beginning from AoI killed me- 'neither sought nor avoided' it's a line that will always convey such heartbreak to us Anne girls. And the Roy presence at the end, oh, i'm kind of hoping he takes an elbow to the sternum! He does recognise the threat that Gil is, good sign! I'm so loving this story, it's so far from being just a bit of silliness- it's compelling, has all the heart of LMM's original, carries so much fun and craziness and packs a major emotional punch. I want this pair together soooo much. I love your writing, J, and can't wait for where you take us!
OriginalMcFishie chapter 12 . 10/29/2016
I can picture Charlie s noisy sloppy kisses (thanks for that image!). Gil really is smitten isn't he? Step aside Roy, there's a real man waiting for Anne!
Alinya Alethia chapter 12 . 10/29/2016
Glad Anne's taken a few lessons in bossiness from Phil -it goes seem the best way to manage Roy! The line about too many butterflies to eat was gold as well as me before every concert ever , and I have the security of a choir to fall back on, so well done capturing the feeling perfectly. I love the sense of camaraderie we get from the girls as they try to relax Anne, there's a real warmth there. And while I am utterly unsurprised Gilbert knows about antelopes and gazelles, I am slightly awed he can jump while clad in leather trousers! No doubt so is Anne. But the intimacy of her playing his composition, I could feel the tension there, the claustrophobia of being almost too intimate, notwithstanding the rest of the band. Add to that Gil's sudden nervousness and all I can say is Anne came out of that latest encounter with a shirtless Gilbert much better than I would have done! Can't wait for more!
katherine-with-a-k chapter 12 . 10/29/2016
Ahhh, the return of the leather pants! I wondered of he'd wear them! Firstly, whoa, I had no idea Josie's party was such a swanky affair. Ooh la la! Fully catered and a white marquee -I'm surprised Daddy and Mummy Pye didn't come out and order the band to give them their money's worth! Though I guess Josie would have died had that happened. Never mind, she got a bit of Gil's shirt instead -well he will wear threadbare clothing.
When he walked over to Anne with his chest all bare I was like ahhhh, where do I look! I've come to empathise with Anne so much I can just about feel her butterflies. The line about her stomach being too full of butterflies to eat was lovely, so Anne yet so logical too.
I think my favourite part was the pronking, Gilbert Blythe, you had me at pronking. I just like this guy so much; how generous he is with Herb and Rubes, how thoughtful he is to everyone else, even Josie, in a way. He's never once told her to get lost, or lost his cool with her though it must drive him crazy. He seems a bit lost at the moment so I can guess that Anne -that eternal fish out of water- will be empathising with him big time. She must realise he's out of sorts, but then why wouldn't he be when he's just broken up with Ruby. I know he fancies her but what I like about this story is that Anne doesn't look blind or willfully ignorant of Gilbert's feelings. She just likes having him as her friend -her very very very very very sexy friend!
Please tell me this is not the end of the night, or like Josie I. Will. Die!
CharlotteWarren chapter 3 . 10/28/2016
Bashful Fred is the most adorable thing in the world!
CharlotteWarren chapter 1 . 10/28/2016
Already in love with this. Love modern Anne and Gilbert.
AerisHeartily12 chapter 11 . 10/27/2016
LOL oh Charlie. Anne is such a good sport for playing along. I don't think I'd be able to keep a straight face!

Ooh the plot thickens...Gil is officially single now :D I can't wait to see what you have in store next!
HufflepuffMarie chapter 11 . 10/26/2016
I forgot to mention, I adore Phil's hats! And oh, the Sloaneishness! No, Gil, she does NOT "like" Roy in ANY sense of the word. This is lovely, dear, and I can't wait for the next chapter!
HufflepuffMarie chapter 10 . 10/26/2016
Ah-ha! This is where Gil's major, background, and such is revealed. I'm loving this so far, dear! Only one chapter left until I'm caught up!
177 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 .. Last Next »