Reviews for The AVIS Band
HufflepuffMarie chapter 9 . 10/26/2016
Ooh this chapter is sexy. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens next!
HufflepuffMarie chapter 8 . 10/26/2016
Ooh the cats make another appearance! You've got me on pins and needles, dear!
HufflepuffMarie chapter 7 . 10/26/2016
I *loved* the part about Gil's eyelashes!
And yuck, Charlie and his Sloanishness.
Great chapter!
Kim Blythe chapter 11 . 10/24/2016
Yet again, I just find myself laughing at Charlie over the fact that he thinks that it is Anne who is heartbroken because now he is going out and is completely in love with Sophie... ( I love it by the way that you decided to give this girl a french name, instead of going with Sophia ) !

I am glad that both Ruby and Gil realised that they were more of a brother and sister towards each other, instead of being like a boyfriend and girlfriend... And that they ended things with each other on a amicable note !

Gil actually wrote a kind of poem/song ! Wow, I am really impress of the way this new found love makes him act or do stuff that he wouldn't normally do... ( Because clearly, this poem love song is really and completely for Anne ). I do not think that Gil was thinking of Christine when he was writing it like Anne thinks he was...

Will you one day stop making Roy always appear at unwanted times all the time Anne and Gilbert are alone together ?!

Now I do wonder, because of the way Gil was so sad and disappointed with the fact that Anne was going to the party with Roy, will he take his chance that night to play it all out and declare his love for her during his performance of the very first song he ever written ?

This to say that I absolutely can't wait to read the next chapter ! I can't wait to see how the party will go !
kwak chapter 11 . 10/21/2016
whoops, there was a bit that didn't make sense... (sorry, not feeling well)
How sweet that Anne didn't think for one minute that Gil's song might be about her. That's what I meant. K? K.
katherine-with-a-k chapter 11 . 10/21/2016
Anne Shirley, I adore you! The little grave face nodding sweetly and seriously while Charlie tells her how devatasted she must be. You are a goddess! What I loved even more was Gil playing along with the whole, Don't rub it in, Charles. It just showed how they share so much more than interests but a sense of humour too. Yeah, I know I was supposed to lol and eyeroll, and in the first reading I did, but later I was left with the great sense of friendship between Anne and Gil, I almost don't want them to get together. Almost.
Can't say I have one clue what Sophie sees in Charlie 'the pelvis' Sloane, I did wonder if she was a redhead too -euuuwwww. But I expect he's spun her some prime Sloane-ism to catch her heart.
Now, the bombshell. Rubes and Gil are no more Did not see that coming. At. All. I mean I know that Gil and Anne maybe (let's face it probably) getting together is what this is about, yet I never saw Gil becoming single anytime soon. Then as soon as he described his relationship with Ruby it all clicked into place. All you had to do was compare them to the 'can't take my eyes (and hands) off you' stylings of Di and Fred and it becomes clear that Gil and Ruby just aren't romantic together, merely friendly and kind. Not saying there's anything wrong with that, it's just not red hot leather pants worthy, if you know what I mean.
Now Chris, at first I thought this must be a mate of Gil's but now I remember it's Christine, right, Gil's one true love. How utterly Anne of Miss Shirley not thinking for one minute that Gil's song (he showed it to her -swoon!) was so sweet. And ouch when Roy saunters over and says, Oh Hi farmboy, you know I've seen the original Dying Gaul in Rome, actually. I felt so bad for him. I get the feeling he thinks he can never compete with that. There's such a change in him, from that all out flirting nightmare to this sensitive, intelligent, funny man. This may have started as a giggle, J, but it's become so much more than that.
Now come on, it's time for this party!
AerisHeartily12 chapter 10 . 10/21/2016
hehe I really enjoyed this chapter, especially the interaction between Anne and Gil and how Josie and Gertie are just desperately trying to get Roy's attention. :)
OriginalMcFishie chapter 11 . 10/20/2016
nice for Ruby to be with Herb without any drama (like dying of consumption ). I didn't realise Christine was his ex...which is a good excuse to reread the earlier chapters. Love Charlie's Sloanishness, and love the nervous romantic Gil. And I agree, the dying gaul is quite beautiful
HufflepuffMarie chapter 6 . 10/20/2016
The chemistry between these two is intense!
HufflepuffMarie chapter 5 . 10/20/2016
Aww, how delightful! I loved the scene where she played just for Gil. Very sweet :)
HufflepuffMarie chapter 4 . 10/20/2016
Oooh suspense! Somehow I though Anne might end up trying out for the band. I'm loving this so far!
HufflepuffMarie chapter 3 . 10/20/2016
I just want to say that your description of Gil reminds me of Bruce Springsteen in the Dancing in the Dark music video- I'm only 18 but I love classic rock!
HufflepuffMarie chapter 2 . 10/20/2016
This chapter is less uncomfortable than the last. I'm really enjoying your story so far :)
HufflepuffMarie chapter 1 . 10/20/2016
Oh my. So I absolutely LOVE this story but it seems like such a guilty pleasure that makes me slightly uncomfortable. It almost has too much (insert fire emoji here). Regardless, I love it and I can't wait to catch up on it!
Alinya Alethia chapter 11 . 10/20/2016
Charlie narrativising his own story may be one of my favourite things in this story. On the one hand I want yo shake him, but mostly I want o laugh because the story he's living is do touchingly and merrily devoid of reality. I love how well Gilbert reads Anne there, how he falls just the right side of teasing her about Charlie's antics. (Incidentally, Charlie increasingly reminds me in spots of a much more likeable Collins, a great read on the character, says the student of English.)

Gilbert telling Anne about Ruby and intuiting she wouldn't fuss like Phil was lovely. I do like the way you capture their vulnerability and say so much about these people as much by what they do as by what they say -or don't, the case depending.

Again, you make Roy the right combination of frustrating -in the way he casually interrupts Anne and Gilbert -and likeable -the way he tries to offer help urever quite the right kind of the right way. I can well see how Gilbert might be lead to misinterpret that relationship, but I'm struggling to mind because I'm still reeling in his openness with that song he wrote.
177 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 .. Last Next »