Reviews for The AVIS Band
Nice. I love it
Guest chapter 6 . 9/14/2016
Nice. I love it
Guest chapter 8 . 9/13/2016
When are you going to do the next part?
OriginalMcFishie chapter 8 . 9/12/2016
I'm really enjoying how this is fresh and yet true to the characters. this really comes through with Anne and Roy where she remains cool and aloof. looking forward to seeing how this develops. I'm wondering what's going to happen with Ruby and Gill and if an illness is in her future. looking forward to the next update
Kim Blythe chapter 8 . 9/11/2016
I am glad that Anne said to Diana that she isn't into Roy that much !

I am glad that Fred and Diana are becoming closer and closer with each other with each passing days... I am glad that Fred seems to get out of his shyness a little, with the help of Diana...

Gil's voice must really be a mesmerising, hypnotic and beautiful one, to have Anne stop short in her track, when she heard him start to sing that song...

You should make Charlie play his solo once at one of their concert, only to see how the crowd will react to his music !

Now, I can't wait to see how will that night at Patty's place will continue to go on in the next chapter...
Lasting Violet chapter 8 . 9/11/2016
Diana swooning over Fred's arms, makes me laugh. I don't suppose that she can't help but find those arms so attractive.
And shaking hands with Roy, so that he wouldn't kiss her. Incredibly smart to come prepared Anne, or else I think he would have kissed you.
I love each and every one of Phil's hats. They are all very Phil-like.
Now, why did Josie have to sit besides Gil when she could have sat besides Roy and helped Anne a little bit. I highly doubt that she's enjoying herself with Roy AND Charlie sitting besides her.
Lasting Violet chapter 7 . 9/11/2016
I don't think that Diana completely understands that Anne doesn't like Roy or feel anything for him. She'll come through eventually. I hope. After all, she'd only want Anne to be happy.
It seems to me that Anne has a lot of men pinning after her. I wonder how she feels with so much flirting from multiple people.
Lasting Violet chapter 6 . 9/11/2016
Josie and Gertie are flirting so openly with Roy, even though they know that he did bring Anne. It's rather funny to read and picture it in my head. You make it so easy to imagine and picture everything and one can't help but falling in love with this AU.
It's as if Anne and Gilbert are the only ones who truly understand each other, yet it seems like they're with other people. It makes me feel like Ruby and Roy don't stand a chance since it seems soooooooooooooo obvious to where the attraction lies.
Lasting Violet chapter 5 . 9/11/2016
I think, that Gil just couldn't help but fall more in love with Anne as she played her guitar, even if it was subconsciously...
Anne, honey. There's no need to feel so shy around Gil, just because you find him attractive. (Although, I suppose it is a symptom of infatuation...)You can look him in the eye sometimes you know. Like, after you played the guitar for him.
Oh! Anne's date with Roy seems to have just begun, and then you end this chapter. I would be furious with you for doing that if I wasn't heading to the next chapter right now.
Lasting Violet chapter 4 . 9/11/2016
Charlie is so forward. It's like he doesn't understand that a girl might not like his advances.
Why oh why did Fred have to break his shoulder? I suppose that it was necessary to have Anne play the guitar in his place. And, Diana will have the chance to help him and fawn over him if they do get together...
Lasting Violet chapter 3 . 9/11/2016
I've been so busy that I haven't had the chance to read anything till now. Forgive me for being so late FKAJ.
I don't exactly understand why Roy would be here when he's so much more of a poetry person, but I suppose he has his own reasons.
I love how Gilbert was looking at Anne while he was singing. It's like he's falling in love with Anne, even though he's already with Ruby. You've got to choose one girl Gil. One girl.
Onto the next chapter!
katherine-with-a-k chapter 8 . 9/11/2016
So the truth is out, Anne's not into Roy, but somehow I don't think Roy realises this. Knowing him, her chaste handshake probably turned him on.
Speaking of turned on, um Di, um, whoa. Thirty kilos huh? They must be SO HARD!
I loved the way you had Anne recount her date rather than show it in real time; that's a common technique in AoGG, and it suited this so much, we get a sort of vague retelling of Roy whereas whenever Anne is near Gil we are right there with her, feeling every uncomfortable heartbeat. It makes this story come alive, or at least it makes me helluva blushy.
So will Charlie now ask Anne out?
Does Roy know he and Anne are not an item?
And most importantly of all, how does Rubes keep her hair so straight?
Fave part: everyone talking about how Fred is never like this with other girls. Nawwwww!
Catiegirl chapter 8 . 9/11/2016
Another great chapter! Di's decriptions of Fred's arms are absolutely killing me, they get more lurid every time! So glad Anne told Di that Roy isn't her type, although there's still that poetry reading! I like the fact that Roy and Ruby are present, that it allows Gil and Anne to become proper friends- proper friends with an enormous attraction to each other, anyhow. I cringed at Anne standing in the middle of the floor reacting to Gil's voice again, poor girl! It's terrible when attraction happens at the wrong time... But very fun for us. And again with Gil's unreadable expressions, I clapped my hands with glee at that! Now what is going to happen at Patty's place next?
AerisHeartily12 chapter 8 . 9/11/2016
Lol I love Diana's swooning over Fred. It's totally how I imagined her to be in a modern setting. I can't wait for more!
Alinya Alethia chapter 8 . 9/10/2016
Nice to see Diana gushing distractedly about her own life here, though I notice she stops long enough to remember Anne's evening out, which once again reinforces the depth of that friendship, and I love it. Anne offering Roy her hand was an excellent annecdote, very Anne, and true to form, very much in control of her own life. I wonder how many girls have actually articulated before now that Roy isn't their type? He's obviously unused to it -he strikes me as the sort of genetic and well intentioned person Anne could easily end up going out with by accident. I feel her summation of dinner 'he told me about Twnnyson' says it all. Gil would want her opinion, Roy wants to air his at a fellow literary scholar.

I also appreciate the way you thread Gil's various gaggles of girls through this. The ones he's oblivious too, the ones he sees as friends, and the outright irritants in the shape of the Pyes. I'm really enjoying his relationships with the girls in the band, Phil, Stella, Priss, even Ruby. I have no trouble believing this is someone who charms girls effortlessly, has done so for years and enjoys their company.

As for the end, I love Anne's mental eyeroll even while sympathising with her about her immediate company in goggles-eyed earnest Charlie and Roy who, bless him, just tries the littlest bit to hard. Looking forward to seeing what comes next!
177 | « Prev Page 1 .. 6 7 8 9 10 11 .. Last Next »