Reviews for Nintendo Power: The 8-Bit War
Raeror chapter 1 . 6/20
Testing
SmashBro37 chapter 52 . 5/31
This fic continues to be great! Peach is one of your best characters and it's been interesting seeing through flashbacks how far she's come. Also, in general you handle the pacing really well and keep things from getting slow. For this chapter, it's nice that Sheik survived and rescued E. Gadd, and funny how she's so disoriented by the modern setting. Looking forward to whatever comes next.
TheChargingRhino chapter 52 . 5/29
So Zelda/Sheik is now in the Mushroom Kingdom... How did she/he get there? Teleportation?
Puph 17 chapter 51 . 5/8
RIP E Gadd's warehouse... though I gotta say, I have no idea who Birdetta is but I already like how you're writing her here. Keep up the good work!
Falco Player chapter 51 . 5/5
This triple update was a real treat. Continuity can be a bit confusing in the Peach chapters, but I really like what you're doing with her. Birdetta is quite the threat already, hatable in a good way. And I also love all the E. Gadd focus.
SmashBrosOdyssey chapter 51 . 5/4
Damn, this just turned into American Sniper outta nowhere. Birdetta is immediately a force to be reckoned with, and that's what matters. The Shy Guys and Sniffits being part of a gang instead of generic islanders as they are in Yoshi's Island is a nice touch.
SmashBrosOdyssey chapter 50 . 5/4
Peach is far and away your most interesting character. I just...what's up with her. Popped for Jolly Roger Bay.
SmashBrosOdyssey chapter 49 . 5/4
Never thought of Peach as a fire mage, or the woe that could cause. I still am having trouble keeping track of who's got what bits, but it will be a tapestry that I'm sure will unweave itself in time. Good that you're back friend.
TheChargingRhino chapter 50 . 5/4
I’m not sure if you intended this but you seem to have copy pasted a lot of sections in this chapter. Also I seemed to have missed 49 and 50 so I just read them as well.
TheChargingRhino chapter 51 . 5/4
Oh my god you’re alive. Welcome back dude. Um... wow Birdetta just blew up Gadd’s lab... I wonder who was in there... 2001... Space Odyssey reference?
Puph 17 chapter 48 . 10/25/2020
And Captain Falcon makes his appearance! And some references to the Space Pirates too! Can't wait to see more worlds collide! Also, are you going to get back to Link soon? He's been on that boat for a while...
SmashBrosOdyssey chapter 48 . 10/22/2020
Oooh, just the breifest of glimpses into the F-Zero universe. I'm very excited to see how this (decipherablely) resolves.
SmashBrosOdyssey chapter 47 . 6/8/2020
I loved the funeral scene! Felt appropriately fantastical. I also like the pieces being in place on the Hyrule side and on team Brooklyn. the only thing that I noticed was that there were a couple grammatical errors and a few words we're out of place, but fantastic as always!
Falco Player chapter 46 . 5/3/2020
Now I'm really interested in what's going on with Ganon here. A lot of intrigue in this chapter, and some sad development for Peach. This chapter took a bit to get going, the emoticon in the third paragraph took me right out of the story. Usually your narration isn't so tightly connected to the characters so it took me a bit to see what you were going for in the first segment.
SmashBrosOdyssey chapter 46 . 4/26/2020
Welp, hi Midna bye Midna. I can't wait to eventually read this back when everything is complete, because some of this stuff is hard to grasp. Like, in the last chapter was afraid of Peach, but now all of a sudden Gadd swerves her, and reveals to us that she's pyrokinetic. But nontheless I can't wait to read more.