Reviews for A Different Canon
GenieM chapter 1 . 11/18
Another great story that I wish you would expand on!
jetu20110 chapter 1 . 10/13
Harry even with a greater sense of self preservation would never agree to what Petunia said no matter what.
He would get out of the house and try to find a different way to live outside Petunia's influence no matter what. I stopped reading after Harry agreed to Petunia's views on any subject after she lied to her for almost 10 years about his parents.
bkerrmom1 chapter 1 . 4/15
Sweet! You always leave me wanting more!
Wicked Kisses chapter 1 . 3/8
This is really cute!
lschierer chapter 1 . 12/20/2021
So this Harry does not have Riddle's soul in him to confuse the Sorting Hat,[1] but is Slytherin's Heir. Would the Hat still consider him for Slytherin? You seem to be leaning that way? This Harry *is* a lot more devious than the canonical one. On the other hand, he is using that head of his a lot more than the canonical one as well, so Ravenclaw would be a good fit for this Harry (more so than most Ravenclaw Harry's I've read where he's often just angry and anti-Dumbledore).

Plus one of the problems with Slytherin Harry stories is that being sorted into Slytherin means either TOTALLY rewriting the tiny bit we know of the very few Slytherins that Rowling gives _any_ depth to, or placing Harry in a house out to literally kill him (as soon as they are sure it will not backfire the way it did on Riddle).

You've spent a lot of space protecting Harry's mind from control. How much of his canonical actions do you think are the result of legilimancy, compulsion spells, and potions? Snape and Dumbledore are the obvious culprits. How would they react when Harry is immune and opaque to their attempts? Pulling this off *without* descending into farcical Weasley and Hermione bashing could be incredibly interesting.

[1]:
AerynS chapter 1 . 12/10/2021
Harry's very smart and wants to learn which normally would mean Ravenclaw, but he's cunning too, so Slytherin?
Zile0 chapter 1 . 11/18/2021
Fantastic! I think the caution Harry exhibits toward those of the magical world is very believable for a child from his background. It isn’t at all hard to see your Harry might be considered for Slytherin.
Noy chapter 1 . 11/6/2021
I stop reading when Harry decided that staying with a family that had abused him all his life was a good decision. That made zero sense and immediately killed any interest I could have in this story.
Not to mention that I don't want to read anything that will try to present disgusting abusers like the Dursley as good people, the simple idea of it is so revolting it makes me want to vomit.
vampwolfs chapter 1 . 11/3/2021
love it! I really wish it would continue!
LtsHrIt4ThBoyz chapter 1 . 9/21/2021
I truly, truly wish that you had continued this story beyond this one-shot; it's one of the best and most original "pre-"/"getting ready for" Hogwarts stories I've ever read! I adore "Harry is *smarter* than canon" (which isn't saying much; a potato would be more intelligent than 99% of "Rowling's" characters! "Not a fan"!) stories! Your Harry is exactly how I feel any child in Harry's situation would and *should* be: Abused, neglected, & bullied children are wary and untrusting by nature, but to discover that you're going to be going to a place where the THREE adults who *instigated* your "prison sentence" are going to have charge over you for 10 months of the year? Heck, yeah you're going to be leary and looking to protect yourself as much as you can! Yes, it means finally getting away from Durskaban, but it's also a case of "the devil you know" vs the devils who obviously want something from you!

I would have dearly loved to read more in this 'universe'!

I hope that you are well. I know that you stopped writing and/or posting stories here, on FFN about 5 years ago and that you haven't bookmarked a story since 2018, so I hope that only means you've lost interest in FFN, but that you're still *creating* somewhere; you're too great of a talent to stop writing altogether!

Bless you and thank you for sharing that talent with us!
Take care!
MelJ
luna pevensie chapter 1 . 6/13/2021
bravo
A German guest chapter 1 . 4/9/2021
This Harry is a survivor with much hidden strength. Good for him. However, I believe you are making things too easy for him with the help from the goblins and the ancestors. Leave something for him to learn later.
monay9e chapter 1 . 4/6/2021
Bravo!
Ducky1776 chapter 1 . 3/21/2021
This would be great to continue. I'd love to see what this version of Harry does and how the others react to him. Thanks!
cestmoi chapter 1 . 3/21/2021
thanks, even if it ended at the worst place possible -.-