Reviews for The Choice (Male SYOC)
a singular dream chapter 6 . 1/27/2020
Aah! She’s moving from dislike to curiosity! I definitely feel bad for Sebastian to replace Anton but our girls already met a bunch of boys! (Indirectly).

I can’t say anything about them just yet because we’ve not heard a thing about them besides their look, but I’m invested into Angeles.
a singular dream chapter 5 . 1/27/2020
Ah, Yes, the typical I don’t want the Selection. The turn of James’ character is one I suspected would happen but hoped not to ser. By now, I’ve grown quite bored of that archetype but to be frank, besides the fact that this fic is years old, I quite like the way he’s written here. He feels much more real than in other fics.

As well, I would totally read a story about Isodora and Anton developing a secret love, story, not your typical SYOC. I do wonder if her feelings come from him being pretty much the first available person to love, though.
a singular dream chapter 4 . 1/27/2020
Isodora just ignoring Anton is a bit of a mood tbh. Like “this is a problem for future me”. She’d really fun in that way. I love how there still the underlying power dynamics; Isodora just telling Anton to leave and him being unable to oppose her, even if she’s new to the real relationship thing. She tackles it with confidence. If this was being written now, I would note on the usage of adverbs and the telling of her father grounding her if he knew; it starts to feel repetitive here and I would prefer it to be a bit more show-don’t-tell.

Isodora proves to be a lovely sister, as well, and I look forward to her interacting with her siblings again. The way you described her dress wasn’t bad either and I did feel the concern for a marriage with Liam.
a singular dream chapter 3 . 1/26/2020
I just realised that her name is IsOdora hahaha. TRH is messing with my head.

I also forgot to bring up the Irish characters! I love that you introduced them immediately. I also love that there’s an established relationship going on and I really want to meet this princess! :)

Mr Brok is my favourite character already. He’s so sweet and lovely! I really hope I’ll see more of him! :)

I adore the world building and the family, too. You’ve managed to stay within the canon boundaries (given that Maxon and America leave the palace like once lol) but still made it your own. Lovely!

Smh the guard is turning into Linus. I don’t trust him.
a singular dream chapter 2 . 1/26/2020
I still quite enjoy Isadora’s characterization. It’s a fine line between maintaining the results of a royal’s environment and childhood while making them normal/relatable, and them feeling like a normal kid thrown into the role for then sake of it.

I also quite like the characterization of the king. I wasn’t sure what to expect but I did quite expect the typical evil ruler, but to be frank, even if he is a reason for the rebellion, then his behavior to his daughter—the protectiveness and care—still feel realistic and expectable. He’s a multi-dimensional character, as some say, and I like that. Additionally, I do quite enjoy their dynamics; we get to see that our princess has grown up without much of a choice, but that the king isn’t just a control freak. He has genuine reasons, but some wrong actions.

Because these guards remind me of Linus, I’m still wary of them. They’re all relatable and interesting, but really, what’s on store here? I also quite like the way she spent her vacation. It feel very real! :) I would honestly do the same.
a singular dream chapter 1 . 1/26/2020
So, I randomly decided to read this. I’m on my phone so apologize the odd-formatted review, but yes.

I’m really fond of the immediate characterization of the protagonist. I feel like her noting that she’s the perfect princess was a little bit too much; it feels like two cherries on top when one would have been enough. That being said, I always enjoy that type of character if written well, and if your newer works hint on anything, I can expect to enjoy it. I am quite curious given your summary.

That officer does give me some Linus feels though. I was almost waiting for him to be arrested for being too close to the princess (as a means to showcase the King’s personality) so I’m surprised they just parted ways, like nothing happened.

I also quite like the start of the story. The Selection is noted but it feels natural like it should be; it just exists and she’s been waiting for it for many years, while still holding a tbh amount of respect for it. :)

I wanna know what this mystical creature is.
MileyRowling chapter 50 . 1/3/2019
Great one!
Princess of Ash and Snow chapter 34 . 9/2/2018
awww Isodora is such a good sister! I love her so much
Princess of Ash and Snow chapter 33 . 9/2/2018
Poor Isodora! Her parents are dead, and Anton and Wes! :'(
Princess of Ash and Snow chapter 8 . 9/1/2018
I like the longer chapters! Awesome story!
Princess of Ash and Snow chapter 3 . 9/1/2018
oooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Isodora and Anton! I love them alaready!
lisaunicorn123 chapter 33 . 2/19/2018
i was hoping that isadora and anton would end up together
AbandonedAccount3647 chapter 49 . 10/22/2016
Well stars above. Poor kids. Isodora and Bast, you trippin'. Like really trippin! Who's great idea was that? Ugh. -Facepalm- Needless to say, I'll still be here for that story, too. :D This story was amazing...I know because I was here from the beginning. You really do have a true talent. I'll definitely be on the lookout for more of your work.

~ MastaGamerita
AbandonedAccount3647 chapter 48 . 10/22/2016
Wow.
Just...wow.
I had a feeling it would be Bast...but part of me still thought it'd be Ethan. But it was ultimately up to Isodora. I think she made a good choice. I can't wait to read the epilogue!

...I would say more, but the anticipation is killing me. See yah in 10 minutes!
AbandonedAccount3647 chapter 47 . 10/22/2016
OMS OMS OMS OMS SHE'S GOING TO CHOOSE NEXT CHAPTER IM SO SCARED HELP ME AGHHHHGHHHHHH AND I CANT LOOK AT THE REVIEWS BECAUSE THERE WILL BE SPOILERS
ATCCTTVVHYCCRD