Reviews for Do I Look Like a Daddy to You?
MaverickLover2 chapter 19 . 1/8/2017
So sweet . . . Bentley Maverick has come a long way, from the man that had no desire to be a daddy . . . to the daddy he turned into. It was quite a journey for Ben and Abby, but a worthwhile one. And way too short for the reader. It's nice to read some of the background for the Maverick family, especially when it's as well-written as this story was. More like this, please!
MaverickLover2 chapter 18 . 11/26/2016
So that's how Beau came to be named for his Uncle Beauregard. Quite fitting, actually. And I love the part about not being able to name him Isabelle. This was a most satisfying chapter. And I have to agree with Belle - Ben does look like a daddy. Now.
MaverickLover2 chapter 17 . 11/21/2016
Very happy to see that Beauregard's strategy finally worked. That baby deserves a father, his father, and now it looks like he may get to keep his mother, too. Things look a whole lot better in this day's light then they did before. Good work, Beau! And Bentley - welcome to fatherhood, Daddy!
MaverickLover2 chapter 16 . 11/12/2016
I love the way Beauregard keeps Ben's glass full without ever actually drinking any himself. He's doing the right thing, strange as it may seem, because Ben is exhausted and hungry and certainly not thinking clearly. I'm sure that things will look different once Ben has had some sleep. At least I hope so!
MaverickLover2 chapter 15 . 11/7/2016
How much longer can this go on? I'm not sure who's suffering more, Abby, Ben or Baby Maverick. With his wife hovering between life and death, his son languishes with no mother's touch, no father's warm embrace. And Ben continues to walk, talk, and breathe with nothing to sustain him, physically or emotionally. All he can do is berate himself for, as he sees it, causing the whole situation. And in the moments when he isn't blaming himself, he's blaming the baby. Forgiveness is needed for everyone involved, but Ben isn't ready to forgive anyone or anything yet. Let's hope he gets there soon.
Guest chapter 14 . 10/29/2016
I'm not sure whether to cry happy tears or sad tears. But, I can tell you that this story is so good I can almost imagine myself sitting in the room with them. Looking forward to the next chapter.
MaverickLover2 chapter 14 . 10/29/2016
Not that this was their choice, but this is the last thing that either Ben or Abby needs. And Ben's refusal to see his son does not bode well for the future. Let's hope that Abby's fever doesn't last too long and that she recovers to take care of her two men.
MaverickLover2 chapter 13 . 10/22/2016
Poor Ben. To go from worried to agonized to desperate, to . . . what? Empty is the best way I can describe what he's feeling right now. The baby that he never wanted . . . and now that very child might have killed the woman he realized he loves. It's too much for almost anyone to bear, and it is certainly too much for Ben Maverick - at least right now it's too much. Let's hope Abby improves, because if she dies the last thing Ben is going to want is his son. A terrible situation for anyone, but especially a man that still can't admit this is is flesh and blood.
MaverickLover2 chapter 12 . 10/15/2016
Did Ben really think he was going to stay while the baby was born? But then, aren't men always clueless? I hope this goes as easy as it should, but somehow I have a feeling it's not going to. Nothing about this pregnancy has been easy, why should it start now?
Suz G M chapter 12 . 10/14/2016
Love it! Come on PsychedelicCowgirl-don't let that muse stop now! Its a girl-I know it-no maybe its a boy-no wait...maybe its twins! LOL
MaverickLover2 chapter 11 . 10/8/2016
An absolutely delightful chapter, full of happiness and joy, showing just how happy someone can be when they finally admit they're in love. So happy to see this settled, whether it lasts or not. At least Abby knows what Ben actually feels, for once! As always, great writing.
Suz G M chapter 10 . 10/4/2016
Ohh...I hope this is not the end!
MaverickLover2 chapter 10 . 10/2/2016
So glad that this finally happened and Ben acknowledged what we'd been suspecting all along. It may have started off on the wrong foot, but at last the real feelings have been expressed and now the two of them can just love each other. Funny how we don't know just what it is that we want until we almost lose it, and are slow to recognize that he had it in the palm of our hands all along. Brilliant job of writing.
MaverickLover2 chapter 9 . 9/24/2016
This was inevitable. Ben never wanted to be married, and now it looks like he's going to get his wish. Only problem is - this is no longer what he wants. Wake up, Bentley, and go after your wife. Your wife. Your child. They need you, and whether you know it or not, you need them. Let's just hope it's not too late for all of you. This is a great story, giving us background on Mavericks that we know very little about. Bravo!
MaverickLover2 chapter 8 . 9/18/2016
Okay, so Ben just gets over one hurdle and runs smack dab into another one. Even though he walked away from Sally (or she from him, as the case may be), I have the feeling we haven't heard the last of her. And what more trouble can Ben get into? I don't believe he's learned his lesson yet.