Reviews for The Banner
zoe alice chapter 1 . 9/2/2011
Very nice piece. No more needs to be said.
Guest chapter 1 . 2/12/2011
Brilliant!

the lycans chapter 1 . 1/9/2007
very nicely done
MiniFruitbat chapter 1 . 9/2/2006
This is beautiful. I rarely bother with stories involving elves, but I'm glad I found this one. Well done!
Gaslight chapter 1 . 5/26/2003
You can evoke so much with so few words. I wish I had your talent! This was excellent.
Joannawrites chapter 1 . 3/13/2003
A lovely and much needed piece, i think.

Funny (weird, not Ha-Ha), just yesterday I read the page where the banner is unfurled in The Return of the King, and I thought of what love must have been in it. And, I thought of how underdeveloped Arwen the only failure of Tolkien in his characters. She deserves this story. It is worthy of her.

I love the idea of Elrond coming in and watching her and knowing she is lost to him. You've managed to show Arwen's love for and conviction in Aragorn, as well as her determination to live her life with him, in the space of a page or two. Incredibly well done!

Many thanks for this.
Jillian Baade chapter 1 . 1/29/2003
We find it so easy to forget Arwen, sitting at home, her brothers and her lover living in great danger. And all the poor thing has to offer is a banner, made with love. There is nothing else she can do.
Nessime chapter 1 . 1/29/2003
'...when Aragorn was abroad, from afar she watched over him in thought; and in hope she made for him a great and kingly standard...'

...The Tale of Aragorn and Arwen

Thank you for filling in between the lines so lovingly. And "Happy Birthday!"
Joan Milligan chapter 1 . 1/29/2003
Brilliant, utterly brilliant. I had no idea this particular bit of the book could be made into something this good. Flowing, captivating, so original, it's incredible when you find the story within the little things. God is in the details - I suppose, true beauty as well.
shirebound chapter 1 . 1/29/2003
Magnificent. Absolutely magnificent. A perfect gem.