Reviews for Blaze of Glory
invisiblesplotch chapter 1 . 3/2/2005
Gorgeous and somehow melancholic, beautiful and wrenching, and somehow i feel that Irvine and Quistis talking makes for much more poignant and introspective conversations. Nice within the game vignette. Great job!
seventhe chapter 1 . 3/19/2003
loved it. absolutely loved it.

(although i'm currently partial to anything irvine right now)

i think you did a wonderful job for a one-shot fic. great insight and language.
unused account -delete it chapter 1 . 2/28/2003
I'll be damned. I feel extremely honoured that a writer of your skill has bothered with my work - and wants to see more of it, at that! Well, Hyne knows I can only turn out something like "Love to Hate, Live to Love" once in a blue moon. I can certainly try a bit harder, though!

This was a beautiful piece of work. Your portrayal of the characters is nearly flawless, and your overall skill is commendable, certainly. I've never had a better look into the mind of that gorgeous cowboy.

I'll be checking in on you, sweets!

~ Moriah
Ms Starlight chapter 1 . 2/5/2003
Ooooh! Bon Jovi! *dreamy look*

I associate this song so strongly with Kiefer Sutherland getting shot down in Young Guns 2 that I never really thought about applying it to Irvine. Some of the other songs on the Blaze of Glory album, but not this one. I love how you give Irvine so much depth in your pieces. The story that Quistis tells, and her reactions to it, seem very plausable. I also liked how she killed the guy by strangling him, something I use in my own stories. ;)

You used some really impressive lines in this. I especially liked "classic features emphasized by the lunar dust playing over delicate skin." Lunar, that's the perfect image.
altol chapter 1 . 1/29/2003
Irvine is a character that I don't think gets enough attention on the ff8 circuit- and you write him splendidly. Too many portray Irvine is the shoot-em-up ladies man- you hit a charisma that suits him and gives him an appropriate depth. As much as I love how your write Quistis and Seifer, you've done an equally admirable job with Irvine. Loved it!
Aequanoctis chapter 1 . 1/29/2003
That's just beautiful. The emotions are flooding like a river ;)