Reviews for The Narc
yudha jaya chapter 1 . 11/13/2014
this is so cool
the undercover thing suddenly reminds me of the new comic book 'Grayson'. Idk. I haven't read it though. How I like the way you narrated that from Miss Sydney's point of view.
To see Dick flirted shamelessly make me want to whack him on the head though. She is a teacher! Officer Grayson, please refrain to be a heartbreaker for the time being. XD
Broken Antler in Winter chapter 1 . 9/17/2013
That was freaking awesome! And the little part where Amy appeared was a lot of fun
Luzith chapter 1 . 5/18/2013
Loved it :)
theGirlNightwing chapter 1 . 8/30/2012
This was really good! It had a great plot. Does Sydney know Grayson's Nightwing, now that he said "this is a job for Nightwi-" ?
skatingandcruzing chapter 1 . 12/30/2011
wow. THis was really well executed. And one of the best Officer Grayson fanfics out there.
The Reader Says chapter 1 . 12/6/2011
pretty good :O
Kelana-ti chapter 1 . 10/22/2010
That is amazing. About a month ago, a guy at my school was talking about how cops sometimes go undercover in schools. I thought that was cool, and today I find this story! Needless to say, I really enjoyed it. I liked reading it from Sydney's point of veiw, but I kinda wish you put some other viewpoints in as well. Oh well. I really did enjoy reading this.
Princess613 chapter 1 . 2/16/2010
You know, usually your told to say the Shema prayer when you think you're about to die.

Other than that...Cool fic, nice characters, a fantastic trip.
windstar chapter 1 . 1/28/2008
fabulous, and absolutely stunning
Aishuu chapter 1 . 11/14/2007
A very well-told tale, with a nice use of outside perspective. I enjoyed reading this.
Protector of Canon2 chapter 1 . 6/7/2007
Wow, this is amazing. I love the characters you wrote, and I was so into the story that I found myself wispering in Hebrew all the prayers that you mentioned. I also like the little mention of "Grandfather Aaron's corner delicatessen." Cute. Does she have any relatives who are tailors? Or maybe there are some doctors in the family tree?
QOShea chapter 1 . 12/11/2006
Another great story, Syl!
Rosadina chapter 1 . 11/5/2005
This is an awesome story that was extremely realistic. I love it and it is going in my c2, while you are going on my author alerts!
Melethiel chapter 1 . 4/23/2005
Excellent! Entertaining - one of my favorite stories. You got me hooked on Nightwing fanfiction. Write a sequel! Or a prequel. I'm not really picky. -
eset chapter 1 . 4/2/2005
Wow.

I think this is one of the better stories that attacks the issue of school violence (Maybe even better than Buffy's "Earshot"), and it is all the more poignant because of the way you contrast it with the gang wars etc. all too often ignored. Even though you wrote it in the aftermath of Columbine, it still holds true today, and it struck a few chords with me and probably a lot of other results of public school education.

When I was a junior, one of my peers, who i thought i knew pretty well, was arrested for trying to build a bomb out of things he took from the chem closet. A lot of us would love to stick our heads in the sand and pretend stuff like this just doesn't happen, not HERE, not with MY SCHOOL. Maybe you can pitch this storyline to DC. It should really be adressed more often.

The only criticism I have is that it seemed to get a little preachy at the end-though I have absolutely no idea how that could have been avoided. I really liked how you were able to prtray all the characters as human, rather than as simply caricatures. Even the more classic character archtypes (the well-meaning school counciler, the gruff and overreactive vice principal) you made your own.

Keep imagining, keep writing, and keep posting.