Reviews for Crimson and Wine
Antex-The Legendary Zoroark chapter 1 . 9/8
Amazing work on this! It was really emotional. I loved reading every moment of it! Poor Camilla. She's so confused and disgusted with herself.

Good work!

P.S. By the way, I've taken an interest in your Fire Emblem Awakening one-shots. But I don't know in which order THOSE go in. Could you send me a list of the order please?
Mark chapter 1 . 5/23
Fantastic story! Honestly this is a much better portrayal of Camilla then the way the game portrayed her. It made her much more believable and added so much more to her possible relationship with Corrin before the game started. Honestly you should have been the one to write the scrip for Camilla when they developed the game it would have made it a more interesting and engaging story and game.

This is honestly among the top Fire Emblem Fate fan fictions, I had the joy of reading!
csihawk chapter 1 . 9/18/2016
I don't know how I missed this story before, since I'm a big fan of Avatar/Camilla, but I enjoyed it thoroughly. Your writing is very detailed and emotional. Every sentence seems to have a purpose. I find Aidan to be unique to the game (cold and distant), but I like the direction you went with him.

I hope that when you do write the story of Fire Emblem: If, or post Fire Emblem: If, that you write some Camilla/Kamui!

The only convoluted part for me was the author's note when you said this story might be convoluted... I don't really know your modus operandi, so maybe that's why? I'll check your other stories after I post this review. Oh wait, I was a little confused with the presence of Aidan's twin, which didn't seem necessary. But it didn't hurt the story either, so, good to go with that.

And I fully agree about the supports in the game. They're horrible! I like so many characters, but the supports are very one dimensional. I think a bunch of others agree about the supports. Anyhoo, that at least gives writers a lot of opportunities...

So, good job!
EVmeatdrummer98 chapter 1 . 9/12/2016
Wow, just wow, THIS is the true amazing potential that CorrinXCamilla stories have! This was a wonderful and heartbreaking story, us the readers know that Corrin( Aidan ) and Camilla are not related but poor confused Camilla doesn't; this makes us want to hug Camilla with all our might and say "ITS OK! YOU DON'T SHARE BLOOD, LOVE HIM ALL YOU WANT!" But alas, we got some sort of bittersweet but more bitter than sweet ending which makes it fantastic; and great for a follow up story! I agree that the game's supports especially for Corrin/Camilla could have been better, but still I found myself liking all the game's characters in fates while in awakening I had a few characters that I completely denied their existence. Anyways I found myself sucked into the story form bottom to top, not wanting to miss any detail or the angst that Camilla was feeling for Aiden, heck I was sneaking in little reads whenever I could during work! I hope to read more about Aiden/corrin and Camilla in a happier occasion, but knowing the story of fates and if I remember correctly Aiden remembering his Hoshidian family, that might not happen... well I guess I'll prepare myself for more angst!
Guest chapter 1 . 8/13/2016
Ehhh, while I don't particularly mind the pairing I was hoping for something a bit less related to the royals. But, I suppose it would've been hard to build them up then since most of them are, unfortunately, largely irrelevant.
Michiru Shiroku chapter 1 . 8/10/2016
ACK.

JUST ACK.

CAMILLA. MY LOVE. AIDAN. MY SWEET. NGFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.
potatoman098 chapter 1 . 8/8/2016
Personally, I think it would be great angst to watch you struggle without yoir lifeblood, but that might be a bit too mean. The story was definitely excellent; CamillaxKamui is definitely a pairing that has a lot of lost potential in terms of the supports, so I'm glad to see this characterization here. An interesting idea, and I dearly hope this will be expanded on at some point within the main game. But overall, definitely a compelling oneshot.
Lionhoundz chapter 1 . 8/7/2016
Beautiful. Just wonderful man.
MCProductions chapter 1 . 8/6/2016
Fun fact, I initially shipped M!Corrin x Camilla too, but M!Corrin x Beruka recently became my new preferred pairing for M!Corrin. It's a darn we actually don't agree on pairings here, because your writing is as great as ever.
Guest chapter 1 . 8/6/2016
You did this pair justice. Glad to see some depth in this story. By far one of the most interesting stories I've read of this pair both here and on ao3. Some of the time skips and transitions warranted some rereading but that may just be me. And regardless, the story was pretty well paced. Interested in seeing this story continue, or more Fates from you in general. Thanks for the read.
Greyjedi449t chapter 1 . 8/5/2016
Jeez Louise, this was very well written. I really like how you portrayed Camilla in this. I like her in the Fire Emblem series, but i find there is little going on with her personality other than that she is the motherly figure of the Nohrian siblings and that she is a bit of a psychopath.

So reading this and seeing your portrayal of her, really is a breath of fresh air to me.
Looking forward to the other story continues :)
jamal douglas chapter 1 . 8/5/2016
I'm enjoying your take on FE:If/Fates. You are just able to make the characters seem much more real than they appear in the games. IMHO I would prefer if you continued going forward with Fates than going back to awakening.
Cries and Smooch chapter 1 . 8/5/2016
The way you characterize Camilla never ceases to amaze me. Theres so much depth to her that goes unexplored in canon (and most fanservice, I might add) and while the fanservice can be fun, it's nice to see a serious take on her other than Ms. Flirts-and-boobs-a-lot. Here you can really see her struggling, you can see where the want to love as a family changes into a want of a man, and really see her conflict with it where you dont usually. It does her great justice.
And Aidan is just plays off of her so well. His reluctance to let anyone into his life after such a traumatic childhood, and her natural character to tend and love and protect just play off each other so well. Its like they were made for each other.
All in all, it's nice to see the two growing closer over a span of time, and to see them conflict and awkwardly try to come together where they know they arent supposed to. It's a great dynamic, a great characterization, and all around just wonderful to see them play off each other so well!
Mzr90 chapter 1 . 8/5/2016
Nice to see you do one of my fave pairings. And gotta agree wity your reasoning.