Reviews for Crimson Iris
Brukaoru chapter 1 . 8/10/2009
Oh nice - I didn't realize it was Ayame till the end, but I think that's a cool twist! Good work!
Warg chapter 1 . 8/7/2006
Wow.. I’d guessed as much from the title.. but never in the text would it occur to me that it was Ayame and not Kaoru being referenced in the lines. Except well.. umm nevermind.

Amazing work here, loved the tone, soft and lifting and falling.. mingled with such strong lines. Touching work on Kenshin’s pov.

Loved the ending, GREAT read

omasuoniwabanshi chapter 1 . 6/15/2005
Good job! I didn't catch on to the fact that Kenshin was talking about Ayame until the very end. I should have what with the hint at the beginning of 'adventures' which is something a child would revel in. This was really sweet and very well written. I loved the analogy of washing things as a way of trying to wash clean one's soul. Great story!
Cassidy J chapter 1 . 2/3/2004
LOL - I started wondering about the time 'Kaoru' was chasing Yahiko while laughing. It made more sense when I realized it was Ayame - I was pondering about the iris/Ayame thing.
Anyway -nods- Very beautiful and poignant once again. How do you pull out these one-shots? ;_; I want to do that too!
Snowfall chapter 1 . 1/29/2004
Another piece of masterwork. And don't you think Im flattering, since I don't even know you.
Ayame really means iris? I borrowed a Japanese dictionary from the library few weeks ago, just 'cause I wanted to try and translate some of the character names in Rurouni Kenshin. Must check that one, too.
I like your writing style, the way you describe people and feelings. I myself prefer the describing style, too, so I appreciate it in others as well.
Kitsune-Onna19 chapter 1 . 1/22/2004
i remember this one from tfme! i thought it was kaoru at first, but then you said it was ayame. this is good!
TanukiGirl22 chapter 1 . 1/2/2004
i read this on TFME too. i have it saved on my computer, i loved how you suprised me at the end when i found out it was ayame and not kaoru that he was thinking about. keep writing!
Shimizu Hitomi chapter 1 . 6/5/2003
Irises are my favorite flowers. _ Awesome fic. I also like your little series, Meiji teachings.
hakubaikou chapter 1 . 3/19/2003
Oh wow, this really was an original idea. I have to admit I was caught by surprise at the end. Had to go back and re-read it, and it made perfect sense. Heh! That was cool.
Autumn Harvest chapter 1 . 1/30/2003
First off, I'd really like to say that this is one of *the* most original twists I have read in a long time... and *ever*, for that matter!

Everything was executed in a flawless fashion, where one was insured a surprise at the end... but let me say, that by letting Kaoru's name slip, it sort of hinted at who Kenshin was thinking of...

Very interesting, what you've done with this fic - but I won't say more, for fear of ruining the fic for others _

Nicely done - please do come out with more _

Neko
Ranma1517730129 chapter 1 . 1/30/2003
Hiya, I am going to say right here and now that I like this...So don't get up a tree too fast when I say that you really really really NEED to show what the difference between Eros and Agape love is. Eros- Romantic, sensual love between consenting individuals. Agape- Love that you would show between friends, family, caretakers. This feels too Sensual. It kind of goes a little wonky, and makes you think he's having (Oh, let's just say it) sexual thoughts, maybe about Kaoru, or somebody. I'm not going to make assumptions, because some people are vehomently against the K and K pairing. And I know from reading your last fic (excellent by the way) that you have a small liking for that character. But to make a long review short, I don't think it would be in character for Kenshin to have dirty thoughts about a 6 year old. Maybe this could use some tweaking? It needs toning down. Good luck.
Amber chapter 1 . 1/30/2003
This is really cute! I sometimes wonder what he thinks of the girls...