Reviews for Sophistry and Dialectic
Guest chapter 11 . 9/10/2019
I would love for the very last paragraph of this chapter to be turned into its own story.
missgsmith51 chapter 6 . 9/6/2019
Can't you just imagine Snape reviewing ANY textbook written by Harry, no matter how well it is written and presented? Unless Harry uses a pseudonym, he should never expect to have anything he writes praised by Snape.

McGonagall praising Harry's work so freely is also unexpected, although she actually seems to believe him intelligent and capable, even if he doesn't show it often. Snape doesn't even think him capable.

I wonder how long it will take the boys to figure out that the Puff girls appreciated Harry's words. Will it have any effect?
Kai chapter 11 . 9/2/2019
I like the story. Seeing a stupid Dumbledore, a non-friend Ronald and, of course, Harmony is always welcome.

But I admit you're right about "Too Many Travellers". That's one of the most brilliant story ever. I frequently read it, but I can't do so at night: I'd only disturb the neighbours in their sleep when I start laughing.
Jonn Wolfe chapter 11 . 7/29/2019
That was decidedly brilliant. *G*
Short Savage chapter 4 . 7/27/2019
Harry isn't short. That's a canon fact.

By the end of his fifth year, he was the same height as James Potter was at fifteen (see Snape's memory in the Pensieve, in book five). In book seven he was outright stated to be nearly as tall as James Potter was (in the Epilogue, IIRC), and James Potter was noted to be a tall man several times.

In other words? Short Harry is fanon nonsense.
Dumb Thoughts chapter 3 . 7/27/2019
"Wait, what? Where'd that come from?"

That one cliché is by far one of the dumbest ones ever seen.

Very, very few people don't realize when they like someone. Even of those who do, I HIGHLY doubt they EVER ask themselves that particularly stupid question, mentally or not.

Plus, if someone does ask this question, they should immediately STOP worrying about who they're interested in, and immediately START worrying about seeking psychiatric help for what is clearly a mental disorder. Because it implies they are hearing voices and are LISTENING TO THEM, which is almost never a good thing.
Readerjkr chapter 11 . 5/31/2019
Perhaps a bit unbalanced and Harry’s actions are worthy of a seasoned adult, but entertaining nevertheless. Thank you.
mackiechandler chapter 11 . 5/24/2019
Terrific story
rakaduani chapter 11 . 4/21/2019
I hate to break it to you, I just read that story and that line is not in Too Many Travelers.
chain.reader chapter 11 . 3/14/2019
Loved it!
Monster King chapter 11 . 1/11/2019
Great job
MBurris chapter 11 . 1/11/2019
Author response to Saissa - I've asked that his/her review be taken down, but instead I've been PM-banned.

I'm more of a "pox on all their houses" kind of guy. I'm also a fan of rational thinking - and what Saissa failed to take into account is that this fic was written during Obama's presidential tenure. The greatest lie I've ever seen sent from the presidential office is, "If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor." Make your own conclusions, but if it's anything other than "Mburris wanted to take a swing at LessWrong's approach", you're not looking at the actual evidence.

I do not believe that politics should be injected into every facet of our lives, and I hope that fanfic can remain an area of fun, imagination, and creativity. There are other ways to live than in political mode, and I prefer them.
Saissa chapter 11 . 1/10/2019
This was posted in the second half of 2016. Before the general election in November that brought the orange Trump to the white house.

The author of this story is BRILLIANT. She can clearly see the future because the second paragraph in chapter 11 has the perfect description of Donald J Trump as of mid January 2019 - with his being in office for just on 2 years.

- the pursuit of political power - check
- the use of lies and half truths - check
- the disregard for (fellow citizens) well being - check
- using the law for their own ends, while refusing to be governed by the (Same) law

I guess this means that President Trump is a Dark Lord.

Great story otherwise!
Leicontis chapter 11 . 1/1/2019
That is a truly unique and clever way of explaining Dumbledore's behavior. Very nice!
Latarra chapter 11 . 12/25/2018
Fantastic. This is getting marked as a favorite.
222 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »