Reviews for Never Grow Up
Christine-Danielle chapter 1 . 9/18
You made me cry. The Boy Who Would Never Grow Up. *cries in the corner*
anonymous chapter 1 . 8/26
Thank you for remembering Colin. Reminds me of Fred, and how the only time the twins saw each other in old age was the time Dumbledore set the age limit around the Goblet. My house is the "second to the right" on my street. Never noticed before!
Drarryiscannon chapter 1 . 5/2
This was wonderful. Colin's death has always been heartbreaking. And I love the end in canon, and that it's Ginny. Beautiful and gut wrenching.

#hafhpotterhead
Robot from the future chapter 1 . 4/27
I actually got choked up when Ginny did. This was really good and I had completely forgotten they would have been in the same year. Well done for writing something so original #hafhpotterhead
AvidReader2236 chapter 1 . 2/23
So perfect!
gina chapter 1 . 12/10/2016
this made me cry...it is so good
FriendofMolly chapter 1 . 9/20/2016
MyDearProfessorMcGonagall,
The Tenth Anniversary is only a year and 9 months away. What struck me with this story is the remembered joy. Colin being the Peter Pan of Hogwarts, being that he never was able to grow up, he still lived a life full of joy. Even in the most troubling, he was a flash of never ending positivity.
FoM
top story chapter 1 . 9/6/2016
No one ever wants to grow up, but it's sad when the reason they don't grow up was their time was cut short
Gambitized chapter 1 . 8/14/2016
This was really nice to read, well written, and It really showed that Ginny is still affected by what happened, and that she still misses those friend of hers who died. I really liked the banner idea in the great hall. It's a neat idea to remember the dead, without resorting the stone memorial that always seems to crop up in these stories.
zedille chapter 1 . 8/12/2016
This was very good! I was wondering why you were writing in italics, but once we got to the framing section it made a lot more sense. (Also, I'm not fully up on the Pottermore information re the characters' post-canon careers, and I remember some controversy about Ginny in particular (?)'s choices re career vs having children, but I'm glad that you show her as a sports columnist while also mothering). And your title makes a lot more sense once I saw the Peter Pan theme - that's the only reference I caught, but I'm sure there are more in there!

Oh, also, since the Cursed Child script is out now - can I ask if you've read it? What do you think of it? :)
keeptheotherone chapter 1 . 8/10/2016
I haven't even started reading yet and I'm already sad :(

Ah, Ginny ... somehow I missed that both she and Dennis had lost brothers :( And apparently I need to -well, I was going to say /read/ Peter Pan again, but I don't think I've ever actually read it-maybe that's my problem!

Loved Ginny's voice here, definitely a more grown up and reflective tone than her/your usual.
Luna Lovegood chapter 1 . 8/8/2016
This is a beautiful piece of writing! I love how you described Colin's and Ginny's friendship over the years. I love reading all of your pieces and I was wondering if maybe you could continue the great deeds volume 2 because it was such a good story and Profesor mcgonagal is such an amazing character that wasn't included enough in the films.
Guest chapter 1 . 8/8/2016
Oh man Colin always breaks my heart. Fabulous job!
cat chapter 1 . 8/8/2016
This is so sweet and sad. You know, I always think of Colin as a kid even though he was 16 when he died. And I caught the Fallen Fifty Cursed Child reference!
lily and james live on chapter 1 . 8/6/2016
This was beautiful! Tragic but still beautiful. :( Colin, I'll never stop missing you! I loved the bit about Colin finding Ginny on the Hogwarts Express. Ahh and the way he loves make-believe. That seems so in-character. Loved the bit with the photograph at the end too. It was just all perfect.