Reviews for Never Grow Up
PixiePatronus13675 chapter 1 . 2/23
So perfect!
gina chapter 1 . 12/10/2016
this made me cry...it is so good
FriendofMolly chapter 1 . 9/20/2016
MyDearProfessorMcGonagall,
The Tenth Anniversary is only a year and 9 months away. What struck me with this story is the remembered joy. Colin being the Peter Pan of Hogwarts, being that he never was able to grow up, he still lived a life full of joy. Even in the most troubling, he was a flash of never ending positivity.
FoM
top story chapter 1 . 9/6/2016
No one ever wants to grow up, but it's sad when the reason they don't grow up was their time was cut short
Gambitized chapter 1 . 8/14/2016
This was really nice to read, well written, and It really showed that Ginny is still affected by what happened, and that she still misses those friend of hers who died. I really liked the banner idea in the great hall. It's a neat idea to remember the dead, without resorting the stone memorial that always seems to crop up in these stories.
zedille chapter 1 . 8/12/2016
This was very good! I was wondering why you were writing in italics, but once we got to the framing section it made a lot more sense. (Also, I'm not fully up on the Pottermore information re the characters' post-canon careers, and I remember some controversy about Ginny in particular (?)'s choices re career vs having children, but I'm glad that you show her as a sports columnist while also mothering). And your title makes a lot more sense once I saw the Peter Pan theme - that's the only reference I caught, but I'm sure there are more in there!

Oh, also, since the Cursed Child script is out now - can I ask if you've read it? What do you think of it? :)
keeptheotherone chapter 1 . 8/10/2016
I haven't even started reading yet and I'm already sad :(

Ah, Ginny ... somehow I missed that both she and Dennis had lost brothers :( And apparently I need to -well, I was going to say /read/ Peter Pan again, but I don't think I've ever actually read it-maybe that's my problem!

Loved Ginny's voice here, definitely a more grown up and reflective tone than her/your usual.
Luna Lovegood chapter 1 . 8/8/2016
This is a beautiful piece of writing! I love how you described Colin's and Ginny's friendship over the years. I love reading all of your pieces and I was wondering if maybe you could continue the great deeds volume 2 because it was such a good story and Profesor mcgonagal is such an amazing character that wasn't included enough in the films.
Guest chapter 1 . 8/8/2016
Oh man Colin always breaks my heart. Fabulous job!
cat chapter 1 . 8/8/2016
This is so sweet and sad. You know, I always think of Colin as a kid even though he was 16 when he died. And I caught the Fallen Fifty Cursed Child reference!
lily and james live on chapter 1 . 8/6/2016
This was beautiful! Tragic but still beautiful. :( Colin, I'll never stop missing you! I loved the bit about Colin finding Ginny on the Hogwarts Express. Ahh and the way he loves make-believe. That seems so in-character. Loved the bit with the photograph at the end too. It was just all perfect.
banzi chapter 1 . 8/6/2016
I knew going in this would make me cry. I was right. Wonderful story.
Teddy Lupin's partner in crime chapter 1 . 8/6/2016
This was so sad, but so beautiful. Oh, Ginny... I can't imagine what she was reliving when she wrote that memoir. Poor dear.
Alohaemora chapter 1 . 8/6/2016
This broke my heart :'( Colin's death is always so devastating for me to think about because he was just one of those characters that just really gave you faith in humanity. He was such a GOOD person. God, I hate Death Eaters. I loved looking at his life through Ginny's perspective. I think he was probably a very good influence on her, especially after her horrific first year. OhmyGOD, I just can't believe he died :'( Anyway, lovely piece! I loved the little exchange with Harry, as well. The subtle line about her "listening to Harry's heartbeat." *sighs*
LoveEvangeline chapter 1 . 8/6/2016
Thanks for making me cry as per usual. This reminds me somewhat of "Cauterize" by Lady Altair. If you haven't read it, look it up. It's a short one shot.
Also thank you for this. In my writing of Ginny I really haven't given her any friends considering what happened her first year and how thereafter she seemed to hang out with people in Harry's year. I forgot Collin, and what a terrible mistake to make.