Reviews for The Comfort of Lies
Lightbrightfury chapter 3 . 4/5/2022
“Athos cannot believe they have fallen this far apart.—That his friend would look this shocked at an act of kindness from him.
His hands fall away from the collar of the doublet and clench into fists by his side.

And yet he can feel like he's trying to hold a snowflake that has already melted. It is slipping through his fingers, no matter how hard he holds onto to it.”

I *felt* that.
Trying to hold tightly to the melting snowflakes of what was, people, life seasons….and feeling them drift anyway.

The loss of time that’s not even there yet, trying to love every minute while dreading the moment it ends. The futility of holding on.

It hurts.
Suzy Apple chapter 5 . 9/26/2021
read this for the first time tonight. FANTASTIC STORY.
Ichy-Bud chapter 5 . 5/26/2021
Omg I loved it! Thank you so much! ️
gemstone86 chapter 1 . 4/10/2021
Reading this for the 3rd time (at least) and I feel like I get new insights into these characters every time. Love your work.
SpitzeFeder chapter 1 . 1/12/2021
I started reading some of your other stories after reading your last Musketeer-FF. They are just great and I can't wait to read more! This one was so exciting, I didn't expect the turning of events in the end of chapter 2 and I loved every bit of it.
Great work!
laureleaf chapter 5 . 6/21/2019
Excellent story excellently written. Great whump and drama and resolution without a happy ending.
Whatfunny chapter 5 . 2/7/2019
this story is very good! wish I could write like that... loved it!
sara chapter 4 . 11/24/2018
This is one of the top stories I ever read. Like it word by word. Thanks for sharing it.
Guest chapter 5 . 8/25/2018
This was great! Kind of a bittersweet ending but good.
TheLovethief chapter 5 . 2/25/2017
Wonderful story, so sad, and very insightful. Thank you for sharing :) I especially like the final chapter, the way Athos reflects on their relationship, how it has already been fractured during that unfortunate comeback of Marsac. Your style is very ... hm ... immediate, there's hardly room to catch a breath because one intense scene follows the other. I very much enjoyed your story :)
GoGirl212 chapter 5 . 12/3/2016
I never could really by the end of Season 2 . . . and this just helped everything fall into place. There is an absolute brutality to how they treat each other emotionally that parallels what they inflict on each other physically. The rift between them is unmendable but I loved that you also found it to be transformational. Their brotherhood itself is the foundation and while the house may burn down, the foundation will never falter. Terrific story.
MJVictoria chapter 5 . 9/7/2016
Beautiful story, both heartbreaking and very perceptive. The fact that Athos has accepted that Aramis will eventually leave earlier than the others helps explain how easily he let him go at the end of S2. I love Athos&Aramis, and the way you write their relationship, how they get each other and accept what's coming even though it's hard. Extremely well written as well, as always!
Guest chapter 5 . 9/4/2016
I love this whole story. A bit sad in the end but I doubt you could of written it any other is so much depth to each one of these characters and you do them quite well :)
GingietheSnap chapter 5 . 9/2/2016
A very poignant last chapter, so much so that I am left in tears. I am enamored with Aramis, warts and all. Porthos, in my opinion, loves on a more simplified plane. D'artagnan is perhaps still young. Athos just bothers me. It is not your writing. It is the character of Athos as presented in the show, which you capture beautifully. To me he is somewhat unforgiving of Aramis's mistakes yet who was blind to his brother's unsavory personality, which led to his death, and who hanged his wife. Athos! Perhaps because he cannot forgive himself, he cannot forgive others.

Be that as it may, you wrote a terrific story.
Guest chapter 5 . 9/1/2016
This was intense, and so well written. In five chapters you kept me riveted! Your final chapter was difficult, but it all made sense. I'm a sucker for happy endings, and feel for Aramis. I look forward to seeing more of your work, as you are talented writer. Thank you.