Reviews for Pass the Syrup, Please
momo211 chapter 21 . 8/23
I really liked this fic. Having to wait for the smut wasnt really an issue if you like slow burn. The only thing that drove me insane was Mamoru and Usagi acting like idiots and taking so long to admit their feelings for each other! Lol but that's what makes this a great fic. The whole time you're hoping they'll get together and when they finally do it's just that much more satisfying.

I loved their first kiss! It was so passionate and steamy and perfect! Especially because it was in the middle of a respectable establishment haha. And the end of that chapter, leading into the scene in the hotel room, was golden.

This definitely makes me want to check out the rest of your SM fics and I hope you're able to update "Companion Preference: Blonde" soon because I'm loving that fic too!
Pia Bartolini chapter 21 . 8/22
I was wondering what the kink was and totally going to ask before reading that author’s note at the end there. YES, do a one shot :D. And I pretty much grinned my face off at this entire last chapter. It was fluffy, but not too ridiculously sweet, and the ending was perfection.

If you couldn’t tell from all the other reviews, I really loved this story. You did a beautiful job and it had just the tight amount of angst and drama to balance out the funny and romantic bits. It nearly wavered into too-much-frustration territory but you pulled it around masterfully for the relationship payoff at the end. I know it was a struggle to update at times, but thank you so much for sticking with it. I’m totally looking forward to reading through the rest of your works as I get time. I know I will be time well spent, if the quality of Pass the Syrup was indicative :)
Pia Bartolini chapter 20 . 8/22
Ah HA! The review system is back up. And just in time for me to compliment (while blushing my ass off) that utterly GLORIOUS lemon. Those are hard to write, I know. You had just the right amount of humor and tension relief in the beginning, and the windup was great too. I had to clap at the adorableness of the condom-fetching scene too, to bring our little Sex God back down to earth in a relatable way. And Usagi’s compliments and reassuring him when he seemed unsure was so tender and genuine. Because she would.

Can I also commend you for not using weird, cutesy terms or awkward phrasing? Again, it is SO hard to strike a good rhythm (heehee) in smut between purple prose and clinic notes. You did it. That was marvelous. And wow. ON TO THE EPILOGUE AND IT’S ONLY 1 AM! Woohoo!
Pia Bartolini chapter 17 . 8/22
OH THOSE BLITHERING IDIOTS! Watching them tie themselves in knots is tying ME in knots.
Pia Bartolini chapter 16 . 8/22
Oh sheesh. If he called and specifically asked to rescind his name for candidacy for the CEO position in Tokyo I wouldn’t be surprised in the least. And now the awkward chase begins in earnest, where he has his guard back up and she is pursuing him but only as a friend and with DISTANCE and OH MY HEART. Why didn’t this sucker come with a slow burn warning?! You’re breaking me and I only love it a little. Lot. Fuck.
Pia Bartolini chapter 15 . 8/22
Oh ouch. I’m weirdly glad he didn’t try to bluster through the hurt and shrug it off in any substantive way, though, because arguably that did more to argue his case to her that Mamoru is a three dimensional, caring person than anything else he could have done. And darn the girls for pushing, but it was bound to happen. This one had the dizzying, joyous highs of their mutual attraction to the dark depths of insecurity and habitual responses from them both. I can see why you’re proud of this chapter - it flowed well, had good balance, advanced the narrative, and made us have all the feels.
Pia Bartolini chapter 14 . 8/22
Okay it may be a year or two late but I AM sending all my review love your way. I love love love how he called her out on her jealousy and, by not engaging as much, is forcing her out more and more. Smart way to make Usagi confront herself and her attraction to him!
Pia Bartolini chapter 13 . 8/22
Oh brother. Her rationalizing to... protect herself from ever getting laid?... is really getting ridiculous. Yeeeah, blame it on the booze. Mhmm. At least Mamoru is fully in with pursuing this, much to his chagrin :D
Pia Bartolini chapter 12 . 8/21
*cue incoherent screaming*

HOW on earth do you make this feel like a slow burn, even though it’s only been three damn days in storytime? That’s like author voodoo. The combination of mutual pining PLUS denied attraction is just too much. My fangirl heart will explode if they don’t just GET TOGETHER. Gah!
Pia Bartolini chapter 11 . 8/21
I admit, I’m actually cringing and dreading the encounter. I so dearly hope it will go well and not, well, normally for those two. Worst will be if Mamo gets hit on and Usagi gets cold feet, not to mention however pushy Seijuro may be!
Pia Bartolini chapter 10 . 8/21
They were making such progress until Seijuro! That was a surprise, I wasn’t expecting him to make a cameo. Also, Usagi’s insecurities. Again. I’m thinking this isn’t the last time they will have her doubting and panicking in this tale :)
Pia Bartolini chapter 8 . 8/21
AAAAAH THE FLIRTING WAS SO PERFECT!
Pia Bartolini chapter 7 . 8/21
HA! Thwarted by her friends, AND Minako asking the only question that really mattered. I liked how you handled the girls interacting, both with one another and the guys. It flowed very nicely :)
Pia Bartolini chapter 6 . 8/21
Oh ouch, she is actually being borderline cruel. For some reason he sounds more teasing but Usagi cuts like glass. I wish we had fanart of the dress, it sounds gorgeous!

I’m interested to see how things go down with the girls, especially with the history between our two protagonists. This should be good!
Pia Bartolini chapter 5 . 8/21
Astute Motoki as always, and such a meddling old lady XD. I love how he cuts through the BS like butter. And seems bent on getting these two together in spite of themselves. Mwahahaaa!