Reviews for The Magic of Deduction
Pigscantfly chapter 20 . 11/22
I love the previous chapters of this story with all my heart because it truly is fascinating. But I think this will be where I stop. I’m disturbed by what you wrote in this chapter where you had Sherlock delete all Mary’s memories of John.

As mentioned by a few other readers, it’s alarming. Yes, I understand why you had Sherlock do it, but I didn’t appreciate how you approached it. While it isn’t any better, you could’ve had Sherlock alter her memories or replace them with a random man she couldn't care less. It’s known that if you delete a person’s memory like this, your mind will get fked up since there're lost pieces.

At this point, I’m more concerned about how Mary is going to continue living out her life if her life is going to be disoriented. Like seriously, how will you justify Colin’s birth in Mary’s mind? Did he suddenly pop out of nowhere? Wouldn’t her family be suspicious if she had no idea of a ‘Johnwho’s supposed to be her ex-husband whom she doesn’t know of)? Like you, I dislike Mary. However, taking into account that she’s Colin’s mother and does have a family, I think Sherlock is not that idiotic (in terms of emotional intelligence) to be even doing this.
deuces789 chapter 10 . 9/2
I have to say that I really enjoy this depiction of Molly. I love the idea of a more morally grey Molly Weasley, because from what I’ve read, typically Molly is either a maternal angel, a greedy devil, or a well-meaning but suffocating mother. This is such an interesting twist, characterizing her as somewhat greedy, but nonetheless loving. You can still feel the love she has for John/Ron, as she clearly was afraid for his well being and put the money into getting him help no matter how poor they are. It’s just a very interesting combination of characteristics, and I’m excited to see how further interactions with her are portrayed. thanks for the excellent work, I’m loving this book and I appreciate you allowing us the privilege of reading it for free on this platform!
SunPho3n1x chapter 35 . 7/17
I absolutely love this story! I love seeing Sherlock, John, Greg and Mycroft interact with the wizard of world! Thank you for writing this!
hodhodwastaken chapter 35 . 7/12
AHHHHHHHHHHHH THIS IS SO GOOD AHHHH
I love your work please continue!
JlovesGaara chapter 35 . 2/28
So much love for this story, I hope one day it can continue. Excellent writing, and I love the mother henning protectiveness from Severus. Well done.
SiSiren chapter 27 . 2/27
I hope you know that everyday I think about this fic-specifically Sherlock brushing his teeth for three minutes and Harry brushing his for less than that. everytime I brush my teeth, i think of it. this fic lives in my mind, and it saddens me everytime I think of it being abandoned
Aki13S chapter 35 . 2/15
Oh yay. Hope Sirius won’t go the Dumbledoor way. And can’t wait to see how Severus reacts finally to Sirius.
Real talk….is no one gonna address the love potion? The magic core blocking? The disregard to their families and feeling and general homewreaking? Will there be no justice in the near future? We want a Hulk type smash for these three people please.
Hope to see this updated soon. It says it’s been a couple to weeks since last..is once a month the usual update schedule? Do we have one? Should I pray and spam comments? Anything for a chapter. Happy to do it.
Aki13S chapter 31 . 2/15
I can’t believe Dumbledoor. How more self entitled can you get. No one is safe at Hogwarts if he’s there. Ih please let everyone know soon and I hope Rita publishes the book sooner this time. Before his death. So that he can suffer. I suppose getting Tom back and then discrediting Dumbledoor is fine too. Along with Molly.

Also….is it cruel of me to not want Ginny back alive. I kinda want her to suffer the consequences this time. Hope the Horcrux stays safe this time. And John is gonna save her. Or Neville. I can tell. Sherlock doing that would just make her more crazy. Which is NOT what we want. The homewreaker. Ugh. I really do hope these three suffer. Although Ginny is innocent all things considered. She’s only cruel and feeling entitled and not at the same time.
This is the biggest review I’ve ever written, oh wow.
And can I just say, before this chapter, I was in actual real pain. Like my hands were forearms were feeling so heavy and TiRED. I couldn’t stand to read the suffering. Glad that’s it’s kinda over now. Poor me.
Aki13S chapter 28 . 2/15
I hate you, I think. This has gone far enough. We want some Dumblebore bashing please. I kinda demand it. Oh please, dear god don’t let this suffering continue. I can’t even read half the lines and am jumping to the next hoping that there’s a solution there. That Sherlock is safe again. Gah.
I’m practically skipping though the chapter. My weak ass heart can’t take this. I’m bad at confrontations. In all realities. Have mercy. Please.
Also Ginny. Nah….just nah. We want none of that. Strict M/M pairing please for our main couple.
Aki13S chapter 27 . 2/15
Wha….is this Dumbledoor? The slimy git. He’s being suspiciously absent. Also, Ginny needs to back off a bit. Ugh. I’m getting a tad hysterical here…..help. Please stop this by next chapter? This is too much heartbreak. I’m getting more sad than I was when Sirius died in canon..or Dobby. This is kinda excruciating.
Aki13S chapter 22 . 2/15
I love this shots of the Preverell? ( can’t remember the spelling) life. It’s so lovely and tragic at the same time.
Amaniel chapter 35 . 1/4
Thank you for the story! )
justafangirl821 chapter 11 . 12/10/2021
I'm just guessing but is Colin Molly? He doesn't quite fit Mrs Hudson
Lyova chapter 35 . 11/23/2021
This was, all around, a great story. I actually got mad at the angst part and took a break, haha. Hope you're still alive and interested in updating; this really is a wonderful and unique story, and a happy (usually living) author is (sometimes) an active author.
2,212 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »