Reviews for The Magic of Deduction
loki-life58 chapter 1 . 23h
I Just want to applaud you on your outstanding creativity. This is an amazing and well written FanFiction, a lot of crossovers and things of this style can be cheesy and not thought out but you acually have a good plot that differs a bit from Canon. I was wondering if the fact that they had a past life would ever get out, I feel like that may be hard to fit into the plot but I dont really get why they hide it so hard in the first place if the magical world believes in rebirth I dont think it would be that hard to believe. Anyway amazing work please continue with this as soon as you can, but it is worth the wait either way.
NoSugarForValdez chapter 33 . 10/13
I might be a lottle bit in love with you. You're an amazing Author, please keep it up!
Prince Pondincherry chapter 17 . 10/7
I honestly find "Light" and "Dark" magic to be pretty dumb as distinct concepts, but that's only because they're so obviously non-canon. But in a fanfic they're fair game, and I'm sure the way you handle them will prove interesting.
Prince Pondincherry chapter 16 . 10/7
I really like the idea that Voldemort comes here all the time.

Voldemort swears by Gryffindor? Lol.

I have to wonder why Sherlock killing Quirrel was so much faster, less painful, and all-around easier than in canon.
Prince Pondincherry chapter 15 . 10/7
It's too bad there's a ton of legitimate reasons Dumbledore and Sherlock probably can't work together, because they share the same basic goal of redeeming Voldemort. Although their ideas of what a redeemed Voldemort looks like are probably very different.

I don't understand why Dumbledore decided the prophecy meant that he needed to get Harry's parents killed, or that Harry would survive, or that Harry needed to be raised by the Dursleys. It seems like the intent is for Dumbledore to be manipulative but with good reason, but either I'm not clever enough to puzzle it out, or it's not clear where Dumbledore's actions came from.

Oh, neat! I think this is the first time I've seen Dumbledore conclude he's in an AU where Harry was subsumed by the Horcrux! Too bad he's not right. Or, well, it's good he's wrong, but it makes things complicated.

Lucius putting himself out there to protect Draco is pretty touching.

Manipulative!Dumbledore is faced with arranged marriages and seriously considers them but doesn't accept any immediately and takes sensible precautions for Harry? Whoa! Awesome!

Severus explaining to Albus why Sherlock isn't Voldemort was great.

I'm with John. I'm very surprised Sherlock didn't burn up. He's lucky the magical fire was set up in such a way that it somehow didn't burn him. (Or maybe he deduced that Professor Snape wasn't likely to actually hurt somebody when the rest of the tests were pretty non-lethal?)
Prince Pondincherry chapter 14 . 10/7
Ew, mpreg is a thing in this world? (I refuse to be ashamed for finding it disgusting. Two women having a baby together is one thing, but a man...blech. Hopefully I'm jumping to conclusions and the actual pregnancy works differently.)

Also, Sherlock and Mycroft are going to be a combination of amused and disgusted when they figure out what Lucius is thinking about them.

Percy, that dear father is the same one who's always violently distrusted the Malfoys.

Hearing Mycroft describe Lucius's account of early Voldemort made me realize that if I imagine Voldemort as Mycroft, it becomes easier to imagine why people would follow him.

Sherlock trying to fix Voldemort promises to be really interesting.
Prince Pondincherry chapter 11 . 10/7
I love how Mycroft twisted his words to his is just playing them like a fiddle, and it's wonderful. It helps that he does have some genuinely unpleasant, snobbish, "Slytherin" beliefs.

I love Mrs. Hudson as Neville.

I don't like the idea of Sherlock agreeing not to oppose Voldemort. If nothing else, he'd like the challenge of stopping a notorious dark wizard. Even ignoring moral scruples. Unless he meant this fragment specifically
Prince Pondincherry chapter 10 . 10/7
Hmm, well, you did handle Molly's flaws tactfully, and you made a point of saying she genuinely loves her family. Much better than SO MANY depictions of her.

Poor Ginny. Honestly if she wasn't so little (and I wasn't a Harry/Ginny shipper) I'd probably see her as an obstacle, but I really just feel sorry for her.
Prince Pondincherry chapter 9 . 10/7
I always love when John gets to show off that he's smart.
Prince Pondincherry chapter 8 . 10/7
I love how you make sure to include the minor characters like Seamus and his explosions.

I keep being put off by how unreasonably powerful Sherlock is, and then I have to remind myself that he's a genius and would of course be able to study magic until he's amazing at it. Still, it was weird that he said no magic could penetrate the troll's hide and then beat it with two spells (freezing and shattering). I guess because he got the water inside the troll it bypassed the skin.

Thank you for not lying to the teachers, Lavender! You weren't doing anything wrong, so it would be completely unnecessary!
Prince Pondincherry chapter 7 . 10/7
I love that Sherlock is getting involved in the Philosopher's Stone stuff because he's bored.

Huh. I thought at first the black blob was the Horcrux, but it doesn't seem to be acting like one. In particular, it's feeling remorse, which makes it EXTREMELY unlikely to be a Horcrux. Unless it's specifically the main part of the soul that has to feel remorse for a Horcrux to be healed.
Prince Pondincherry chapter 6 . 10/6
I love how McGonagall is so jaded that she doesn't even tell Neville off for working with explosions intentionally and without adult supervision.

John catching the Rememball was unexpected, but great. And then I loved "Malfoy" apologizing and "Harry" being the one to challenge him to a duel.
Oh right, of course Sherlock just communicated some ridiculous plan to his brother without saying anything of the sort. Duh?
Prince Pondincherry chapter 5 . 10/6
So...Sherlock is bored. McGonagall notices he is bored and tells him to let her know when something is too easy so she can find something better for him to do.
...
And that's it? What? He obviously found this task too easy. Does she need prep time to think of advanced work for him, maybe?

Or maybe she could tell that he was enjoying helping Ron, and it was obviously good for Ron.
Prince Pondincherry chapter 4 . 10/6
I suppose Sherlock fits pretty well in Gryffindor. His reason for not wanting to be a Slytherin was perfect.

I came to this fic from a recommendation that said it was great but got a little too much into the John/Sherlock the longer it went. And so far, I have to agree completely! (Please take this as a compliment that the story is good enough that even a non-John/Sherlock shipper like me is enjoying it so far.)
Prince Pondincherry chapter 3 . 10/6
Sherlock analyzing Snape was great. I find myself hoping the Holmes boys are in Slytherin. Honestly, I'll be kind of shocked if they aren't. Well, Sherlock might fit better in Ravenclaw's actually.
1,914 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »