Reviews for Roses Where Thorns Grow
AelrindelDA chapter 16 . 9/2
I am in love with this story. It is beyond amazing. Please! Please! Write more!
ADecentRead chapter 16 . 8/29
Omg please continue this! I love it!
ADecentRead chapter 1 . 8/29
So far I am captivated. Solas reminds me so much of someone I once knew and Cullen reminds me so much of my husband. I love this story so much so far! I'm addicted and as an author, it is hard for me to be so drawn to something.
Puaili chapter 16 . 8/5
You, my friend. Are an excellent writer. You’ve caught each character’s personality perfectly and I love what you’ve done with them. Please continue updating this story. It is a rare treat whenever I get to read it.
LuniaWolfe chapter 16 . 8/5
oh my gosh Cullen! i was smiling that whole last bit! I think if my throat wasnt bothering me so much, i would have laughed
Chiharu Chika chapter 16 . 8/4
I about died from laughter at the end XD threw my phone and everything! God that was funny XD
Mistress DragonFlame chapter 16 . 8/4
Hahah, I loved this chapter so much. Solas’ reaction to her accident in bed; he would be smug about burned sheets. Cullen through the entirety of the war room; poor man, so endearing but niave.

I also appreciated the interaction of Josephine and Cullen together, when they didn’t even know the topic to discuss. Very well done! I also nearly died when he referred to Inky as being a follower of ‘the bad wolf.’ I mean, technically...

And of course Cullen would be used, unknowingly, as the bait father. Perfect.
Shilyn chapter 16 . 8/4
OMG the end with Cullen feels so spot on real as to how this would go down, I can't even. I love Cullen, but he's so much fun to torment, same as Solas. Sorry you had such trouble posting it but it looks fab now! I of course read it on AO3 as you suggested and giggled and grinned the whole time. I had a feeling Ellana would catch a little magic from the transference. And so far Solas seems to have handled it well. You nailed his reactions too, as usual. He would be smug about her having even a tiny spark of magic because of him.

As usual, I can't wait for more!
Chiharu Chika chapter 15 . 7/23
I don't know it was intentional, but your description of Knowledge reminded me of the secret library and its keeper from Avatar :) love your story btw have been reading it for quite some time. Your writing style is amazing
Mistress DragonFlame chapter 15 . 6/27
Yay! Always a pleasure to read another chapter of a wonderful story.

And oh, I enjoyed the scene with the corrupted Knowledge. I giggled with the insight that it had probably been Cole who locked the door after both elves passed out.

But oh, I question the information Solas received, and worry if he acted too hastily when he acted upon such. I wonder if this is to come back and bite him? Or them, rather.

Happily awaiting the next installment!
Omg I hope Solas is ok! But he appears to have done it! Now we can fluff out about elf babies. Anyway, so, damn! I read thru it far too fast! As always I beseech you for more! More and soon, I pray!
LuniaWolfe chapter 15 . 6/27
what did he do? what was the spell that it took that much out of him? and when is she finally gonna tell everybody? so many questions, as our dear Dorian would say
KiraChan44 chapter 14 . 3/28
I discovered this two days ago and have doggedly read every chapter. I feel for Ellana, I experienced terrible morning sickness with my second pregnancy, but it was not nearly as severe and eased up about 4 months in. I eagerly await to see where you go with this!
Shilyn chapter 14 . 2/13
OMG I seriously live for this right now and get all butterflies seeing you updated. My mom always had terrible morning sickness, but hers was around the clock and lasted most of the pregnancy. I suspect if she had HG it was a mild version. Poor Ellana. Loved that you had the healer questioning who the father was and being concerned the qunari babe might basically kill her if Bull was the dad. I feel sure Bull already knows, maybe Leliana too. And dammit solas! Where are you running off to?

I am seriously waiting with baited breath for more! I’m about to have surgery and I’ll be bored and in desperate need of good reading material in the next two weeks *puppy dog eyes*
Mistress DragonFlame chapter 14 . 2/13
I really liked this chapter; it's so realistic, especially when compared to a lot of fanfics who completely gloss over the unhappy parts of pregnancy; she really would be in issue if it was Qunari, abortion exists and not always just because 'I don't want to be pregnant', and morning sickness is not a mildly-inconvenient plot point.

However, I'd be disappointed if Leliana hadn't figured it out already. I have little doubt that woman has full knowledge of all relationships within Skyhold, including our Lev/Solas (one because she's spymaster, and two because she's a secret gossip). Maybe it took her a bit, but she definitely knows. (Especially when added to the canon that Sera knows about Lev/Solas, when she makes the remark about him crying out 'Elvhen Glory' during sex)

I loved how you have Cole here; he's such an interesting character, but most people can't seem to get him right. You've captured him wonderfully.