Reviews for Roses Where Thorns Grow
Mistress DragonFlame chapter 15 . 6/27
Yay! Always a pleasure to read another chapter of a wonderful story.

And oh, I enjoyed the scene with the corrupted Knowledge. I giggled with the insight that it had probably been Cole who locked the door after both elves passed out.

But oh, I question the information Solas received, and worry if he acted too hastily when he acted upon such. I wonder if this is to come back and bite him? Or them, rather.

Happily awaiting the next installment!
Omg I hope Solas is ok! But he appears to have done it! Now we can fluff out about elf babies. Anyway, so, damn! I read thru it far too fast! As always I beseech you for more! More and soon, I pray!
LuniaWolfe chapter 15 . 6/27
what did he do? what was the spell that it took that much out of him? and when is she finally gonna tell everybody? so many questions, as our dear Dorian would say
KiraChan44 chapter 14 . 3/28
I discovered this two days ago and have doggedly read every chapter. I feel for Ellana, I experienced terrible morning sickness with my second pregnancy, but it was not nearly as severe and eased up about 4 months in. I eagerly await to see where you go with this!
Shilyn chapter 14 . 2/13
OMG I seriously live for this right now and get all butterflies seeing you updated. My mom always had terrible morning sickness, but hers was around the clock and lasted most of the pregnancy. I suspect if she had HG it was a mild version. Poor Ellana. Loved that you had the healer questioning who the father was and being concerned the qunari babe might basically kill her if Bull was the dad. I feel sure Bull already knows, maybe Leliana too. And dammit solas! Where are you running off to?

I am seriously waiting with baited breath for more! I’m about to have surgery and I’ll be bored and in desperate need of good reading material in the next two weeks *puppy dog eyes*
Mistress DragonFlame chapter 14 . 2/13
I really liked this chapter; it's so realistic, especially when compared to a lot of fanfics who completely gloss over the unhappy parts of pregnancy; she really would be in issue if it was Qunari, abortion exists and not always just because 'I don't want to be pregnant', and morning sickness is not a mildly-inconvenient plot point.

However, I'd be disappointed if Leliana hadn't figured it out already. I have little doubt that woman has full knowledge of all relationships within Skyhold, including our Lev/Solas (one because she's spymaster, and two because she's a secret gossip). Maybe it took her a bit, but she definitely knows. (Especially when added to the canon that Sera knows about Lev/Solas, when she makes the remark about him crying out 'Elvhen Glory' during sex)

I loved how you have Cole here; he's such an interesting character, but most people can't seem to get him right. You've captured him wonderfully.
Mistress DragonFlame chapter 13 . 1/21
What a wonderful story! I love how you changed it after their initial break up in game, and then expanded upon the facts of Trespasser. I further am very happy you've continued this story past your initial break off point, because I'm loving every bit of this!

I do question the timeline though; since they'd already done Mythal's temple, canonly it'd have been the final battle shortly thereafter. Now it's 8 months since then? I'd have thought you'd skip the final battle in your six month time jump, for ease, but it's mention disproved that.

Looking forward to how you'll go about this!
Shilyn chapter 13 . 12/31/2017
That felt wholly appropriate as a reaction. Like totally. It even crossed my mind before it happened and then when it happened I was like, "Oh, awesome!" Also, "It's a little late for that." Hilarious! Yes, Solas. It is a little late for that. It was so sweet and endearing though that he showed up with tea and claimed responsibility. I feel like that's a completely in character for him. Like he says if you're in a hate relationship with him (in that delightful scene where you can punch him) he refuses to leave the Inquisition and says "I take my responsibilities seriously." Or something akin to that. We know he does, too! SO this felt spot on as far as reaction after Dorian's apt observation that Ellana broke him. LOL! Now I am going to have to whimper and cry over here that there's not more to read, even though you spoiled me with two chapters. I must have more!
animexchick chapter 13 . 12/31/2017
Awww love Dorian x
Shilyn chapter 12 . 12/31/2017
Stunned Solas is great! I just LOVE putting him in those situations. On to the next chapter!
Miyukino chapter 4 . 11/20/2017
Good sport. Leliana would have been proud.
LuniaWolfe chapter 11 . 11/19/2017
oh snap!
Shilyn chapter 11 . 11/18/2017
OMG! I just have more! Yes! Soon? Yes? No? Maybe?
Oriana Lavellan chapter 1 . 10/10/2017
I love how you wrote Solas's character. Can't wait to read part 2!
Shilyn chapter 10 . 9/11/2017
I'm so glad this is continuing! I can't wait!

I wonder how Solas knows about reproductive sex vs lovers. Like...is there some difference in the past? Hmm...or maybe I am overthinking it. Also I am so reading pushtheheart too!