Reviews for Into That Good Night
Arathi chapter 7 . 7/20/2004
You do the suspense thing well. I really wasn't expecting that ending, but it fits so perfectly. I think a nightmare was a pretty good name for what Sam had there, not that reality was better, as the ending proves. But as the episode to which it refers proves, it ended alright, and there's even a hint of that in the story. Perfect. I don't mean to make such indirect references to the plot, but I have been known to read the reviews first if I'm not quite sure about starting to read a story, and I don't want to give any spoilers. That would ruin the whole effect of the story, and it should be read to full effect. The suspense is balanced between enough to keep you reading and guessing, and too much that you get tired of the wait. It can be hard to create that balance, and not everyone gets it right. You did, and I won't give away anything to potential readers that would ruin that. Not because it isn't a good story, but out of respect for a good story.
mugseymalone chapter 7 . 3/17/2003
Wow, your story was very good, but i want more now -lol- the poem is very good.

Please keep on writing!
Tigerdrake chapter 7 . 2/9/2003
That was so good!
colombe.de.pluie chapter 6 . 2/8/2003
Hi !

It was a very good story even if I think the end is not as good as the beginning. But don't get me wrong, I really like every chapter..it's just I was waiting for something else... But it was good anyway. Many many thanks for writing. It's one of my fav. stories !
Jara chapter 6 . 2/6/2003
Well you asked for our honest opinion so here is mine. I'm afraid I don't agree with the others.

For me the last twist was a bit too much of a twist and yes like you said an anti-climax. Already after Mark suddenly turning up as a goa'uld I had the feeling that it was a bit too much trying to be unpredictable. Granted, having it made all a dream does explain why it is Mark standing there.

I do not mind being put on the wrong foot and although I really think this last chapter is very well written, it leaves me with a feeling of being robbed of a great story. Maybe my hopes were settled on something very different and that explains the anti-climax for me. But still place the last chapter on it's own and I will love it. At the end of this story though, it doesn't do justice to itself neither to the other chapters of this story.

I hope you do not take my criticism too hard. I really love your writing and if I wouldn't like this at all I wouldn't even bother to review. But I have enjoyed all your stories already and found it worth the trouble to explain to you why this twist doesn't really feel right for me.
Jen106 chapter 6 . 2/5/2003
is that it? It was getting good! are you going to write more? Please
Daughter of Bast chapter 7 . 2/5/2003
This is one of those stories that's going to stay with me for awhile. Those are the best kind. Bravo!
Gabiroba chapter 7 . 2/5/2003
I have to say that at the end of chapter 5 I was about to killyou 4 killing Jack *and* Sam. But, you had a nice comeback in the end. Liked the way you made Jack come in and sweep he into his arms.
piano-player chapter 6 . 2/5/2003
I love this story! It's absolutely wonderful! The twists and turns kept me reading and on the edge of my seat. Seems how I'm in school, or was, the Bell just rang, but I am continuing to write this review because I think that you deserve to know that you have writen a WONDERFUL story.

piano-player

P.S.-Did I mention that this is a wonderful story? I did? Oh, just making sure...
fuck off already chapter 7 . 2/5/2003
I liked the ending. Very poigniant but sudden, as such things should be when one is trapped by the enemy.

I've always loved this poem, as well. Relatively unadorned, but powerful
sazsme chapter 7 . 2/5/2003
I love that poem. I like the twist of her only dreaming, it links back to her having night terrors and thinking about them in the dream.
colombe.de.pluie chapter 5 . 2/5/2003
One of the best stories I've ever read ! Thank you for writing it and I can't wait to see what is going to happen !
staraice chapter 5 . 2/5/2003
you should not threaten people with not continuing I almost got a detention because i gasped so loud in class and i could hack I would track you down and threaten you at gunpoint until you finished the story. thats how much i wanna know the end
dietcokechic chapter 5 . 2/4/2003
Are you TRYING to make me upset Lu? *g*

Geesh. First you get me all hot and bothered with the Carter/O'Neill bondage session and then WHAM! Jack's down for the count and dying?

Uh uh. This is a dream. Gotta be. Otherwise, you find some other way to bring our favorite Colonel back, ok?

~dena (who enjoyed the story as always!)
The Ship is back chapter 5 . 2/4/2003
WOW! That was great :) You so can't let Jack and Sam die though, and by Mark who'd have guessed. Anyways really good can't wait for the next bit :)