Reviews for Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy – Episode III: Revenge of Ikari
BigSkeez0195 chapter 12 . 9/20
Another great story. No other story on fanfic has gone into the amount of detail and somehow came out on the other end making sense like these have. Look forward to continuing this saga!
BigSkeez0195 chapter 7 . 9/18
I did enjoy the changes in how Kyoko took her life. Seems much more realistic. I feel like Oscar was painted as a pretty decent human being until this chapter though. Seems like he became very aggressive at Asuka quickly for no apparent reason. But he didnt seem like a great guy in the series either. But well thought out chapter as always!
Useful76 chapter 10 . 10/30/2017
Not sure why I wasn't signed in but those last few guest reviews are mine. Sorry for the confusion.
Guest chapter 10 . 10/30/2017
The writing has been good up to the last few chapters here. A lot of info dump and exposition happening without much setup. Gendo went from banging Naoka, to banging Ritsko, to telling Ritsko his master plan in like 3 paragraphs.

The story and the pace was so good in Episode 1&2 but 3 feels like you just want to get through it as fast as possible to get to 4.
Still good though. Let's keep going.
Guest chapter 2 . 10/30/2017
My teeth. They hurt. The level of sweetness is too much to overcome.

Yes that was adorable. I haven't read up to their return encounter yet (if you've gotten there in your subsequent episodes) but I do hope Asuka slowly remembers him a bit. She seemed to really like Shinji before she went off the deep end in the series ( or when Shinji caused 3rd impact in the rebuild). Shinji/Asuka goodness needs to happen eventually.
AKissAndAGunshot chapter 2 . 6/16/2017
Lol Yui is such a shipper
guest chapter 12 . 11/1/2016
I believe that interactions between mari and shinji will be something like what happened between Gendo and Yui, perhaps not in a romantic way but she would be the person to show Shinji that all is not suffering and pain. and that supporting him without ulterior motives such as using it for their own plans. and the fact that sharing a niñes was ruined for different reasons, makes mari can better understand asuka and shinji
Fyrstorm chapter 12 . 10/17/2016
Yay, Mari's back!

And /if course/ Lilith is just as big of a sadistic fucking cunt (pardon my language) as always. Honestly, if Lilith dies like she does in Rebuild, I will shed no tears for her. Except maybe tears of joy.

Afraid that's all I have for now! Great work, though!
Extents File System chapter 12 . 10/15/2016
Very nice to see Mari's return.

It looks like Lilith released Mari purposefully to help with the Angel War. So this time Mari is no longer associated with Kaji, IPEA, or proto-Wille. She is the agent of Lilith, protector of Lilin and defender of puppy boy this time.

It is a nice touch for Mari to be forced to withdraw truth and keep distance from Shinji. She is kind of the role who provides support in the background and this gives space to Asuka's development. This will also reflect her mental maturity (which is necessary for her to act in godmother's capability) and ability to help. The maturity despite being physically 16 which can be explained as a result of years' struggle with Lilith. Though it's a shame we no longer have the scene where Mari parachutes into Shinji's face. I think the eagerness of Fuyutsuki to have Mari back may indicate he would need Mari as his confidant and ally to help him personally. Naturally Fuyutsuki is not entirely comfortable with Gendo.
Silvermoonlight GJ chapter 12 . 10/15/2016
I really loved this chapter on every level though the part about Lilith pulling out her insides sort of made me shiver but I found it interesting that she is using Mari to further her game with Adam. I also love the idea that she's readjusting to world but finding it really hard and I feel sorry for the tests sounded less that nice. I adored the bit at end so much though because in the series he was really alone yet in this retelling he gets to meet and have a friend and its so nice. I like also how Kozo is going against Gendo and playing his own cards that to me is better than the series because I didn't understand why he wasn't fighting Gendo or playing him at his own games.
jcmoorehead chapter 12 . 10/15/2016
Really enjoyed that chapter, so this is where things take a huge divergence. I can't wait to see how you handle it going forward with the introduction of Mari into the whole equations. I can't imagine how difficult it must be for her being in this world now and seeing how much it's changed. It'd be very surreal and then having to deal with the whole situation with having a godson and Second Impact. She handled it well but I can see it'll be very tough for her going forward.

I liked your handling of the time loop, I can't quite remember the episode of TNG you reference, been a long time since I've watched it but there is definitely some weird temporal stuff going on in Evangelion and Star Trek does handle time travel relatively well. Thinking about it actually makes me want to finally get around to writing that other fic I had planned that makes use of Q :P

Really good work on this as I said, I look forward to the next part. Kepe up the really good work with it.
jcmoorehead chapter 11 . 10/10/2016
Nice to see some more of Asuka and Shinji, unfortunately they don't seem to be doing so well. It's really sad to see that they've forgotten about one another in the years that followed but it was to be expected. They've both faced various extreme trauma and not had contact, it's something that happens naturally as is never mind after what they faced.

Asuka's father is still a real piece of work. I'm looking forward to the chapter at the end of this whole saga where he gets punched in the face.

Nice to see Shinji putting together his SDAT playlist and purchasing something to do so with. I liked that little touch and I like the amount of thought that has gone into it. It's always cool to see what people come up with for his playlist. I like seeing Dire Straits on there, big fan of Dire Straits. Road To Hell by Chris Rea is also a song I grew up hearing from my parents so that's cool. :P

I was expecting Mari to appear to them eventually and it's cool that she did. I wonder what impact she'll have in the next part of the story as we follow them beating the Angels.

Keep up the good work :)
Silvermoonlight GJ chapter 11 . 10/9/2016
Oh man this chapter was just so epic, I loved the visits from Mari granted this won't cure any of the kids issues and they may not remember these dreams in childhood only the feeling it gave them I also noticed that Mari is kind of mellowing which makes sense as she's been there for a long time and may just be now accepting her fate and mentality going this okay...which might be bad if they drag her out of the core as she might to go back because its like some one cutting a spiritual umbilical cord and she might go kind of nuts.

Also Asuka's final stand off with her dad, wow, not only was that great to see because Oscar is an abusive un likable bastard but I like how she ripped in to him and showed him for what he was a weak pathetic little coward who gets power through hitting children. Her step mother is no better she just expects Asuka to conform and be happy about it while neglecting her for her step brother and sister I am curious though as to what there fate will be and if there will come a time when they come running to there step sister and what the reaction will be because once Asuka's out of the picture I imagine the abuse will turn to them as all abusers need there fix.
Extents File System chapter 11 . 10/9/2016
A new chapter so soon. Talk about being productive!

I guess Mimori is not that much of a bad guy after all. At least she made the good gesture. I'm still confused about the choice of using the Shikinami name. Is this implying anything related to NTE continuity?

Asuka's comeback at Oscar is very funny. Already as caustic as she would be. I love this.

Very happy to see Mari's appearances again! But caution is needed with what she can do. Her dream visits should not achieve too much otherwise it's almost like therapy for the Children. Here it feels like she is almost making the Children happy and making friends already. The Children are still supposed to have unhappy childhood and not to develop too much connection with Mari (otherwise how do they develop friendship outside of dreams). And Mari is supposed to be trapped and making futile effort to reach out so the futility would make her return more rewarding. So I guess this could be made better if the dream visits were somehow preceded by some nightmare episodes or flashbacks so it won't make them appear too happy and the dream visits would give Mari some role of a nightmare rescuer which nicely develops into the emotion stabilizer that she is in 3.0.

Or the dream visits stay at subconscious level so when she comes back and meet with the Children they won't remember her immediately but would have a soothing and safe feeling for her. If subconscious is the thing here the two dream visits don't feel quite subconscious yet.

Mari's bond with Kyoko would plausibly enable her to sync with Unit 02, which would explain things in 2.0. I guess she would also be able to sync with Unit 01 theoretically? I'm spoiling myself here by thinking too much!

The tracks are nice choices. Linkin Park huh? The iconic angst songs. Though the canon has other choices for the tracks. I guess you are going liberal here.
jcmoorehead chapter 10 . 10/6/2016
One of the darkest chapters so far, giving us the moment when Naoko finally goes over the edge. Really dark stuff but written really well. Seeing how easily Gendo got through to both her and Ritsuko was disturbing, naturally we know thats what he did in the series but seeing someone expand upon it was good.

Poor little Rei though, we are starting to see how she is slowly being pushed away. In many ways she is in a similar situation to Shinji in feeling unwanted but she will actually have contact with Gendo, which in a way makes it worse.

Keep up the good work, looking forward to the next part.