Reviews for The Uses of Temptation
Elizabeth Scripturient chapter 1 . 3/29/2007
"Yes, the cause was just, as such things are accounted, but he remembers a darker time when darker deeds were done with those same assurances. He came here to lead others away from that darkness. And all he'd done was slip closer to it himself. The Shepherd was losing his way."

M, I hadn't thought of it quite that way before. It's so easy to see the crew of Serenity as the good guys and therefore okay what they've done, but you make a really good point here.

And I like Kaylee's insight into Mal&God - "You can't be mad at someone that you don't believe exists."

"the uses of temptation are to help us see more clearly who we are." Interesting.

And I really like the ending. ("Through a conversation." / "With God?" The words are filled with scorn. / "With Kaylee, actually." That shut him up. / "Kinda ironic, ain't it?" Jayne addresses no one in particular. / "You have no idea." He can only smile.)
Seraphina Pyra chapter 1 . 5/16/2004
Aw! That was very good. It's nice to get a look inside Book's mind and see what he's thinking.
Pyra
Elf Of Avalon chapter 1 . 2/3/2004
The good book-bible thing was absolutely perfect!
that was an absolutely amazing epithet
Elen
Eve Robinson chapter 1 . 9/2/2003
Now that I've opened this window, I'm wondering exactly what to say... That was very well written and interesting. I particularly liked the conversations - though I *think* Book would probably have reached the same conclusion as Kaylee on his own.

A strong presentation of the depths behind a very veiled character.

Eve