Reviews for A Not so Simple Wish
TimeReaper chapter 5 . 3/10/2003
Yes! Updates! I love this! Hope Ranko can show what she can do sometime also in future chapters. I wanna see her whoop ass to Ranma P
Zsych chapter 4 . 3/10/2003
Love it.

I admit that the thought of Ranma having to get the love of his male self, had me feeling rather sick.

Still. looks cool.

Wonder how Ranma'll react to Ranko's skill in the martial arts.

After all, having a girl who is superior might make his skin crawl(not to mention have bad effects on his mind), but with training. I suspect that he'd be rather happy with n equal.

Waiting to see what you have planned.

Good health and lots of spare time to us all :)
Bustin chapter 5 . 3/10/2003
Wow, a great story and another great chapter. I can't wait for the next part.
Lily chapter 4 . 3/7/2003
Hmm. An interesting twist would be to get Ryouga in on stuff-wouldn't Ranko be the most understanding person about his curse? Can see her being sympathetic and can see Ryouga falling for Ranma's 'fiance'. Keep up the great work!
ariel stormcloud chapter 4 . 3/6/2003
excellent. as always.
Shawna chapter 4 . 3/5/2003
*facefaults to the Omake Theatre then bursts out laughing* This fic is on my favorites list! Heck, It IS my favorite! Now if only you could update a bit more often.
littlepet chapter 4 . 3/5/2003
Great chapter, the story is going good for now.

Since kasumi is ranma's fiance you should put in doctor tofu as competition against ranma. A new rival!
Final-Fan chapter 1 . 3/5/2003
OOPS. I STAND CORRECTED.

I forgot about the "kiss of true love" bit. Oh well, I was being stupid anyway. I still think there should be a solution other than Ranma falling in love with Ranko.
Final-Fan chapter 4 . 3/5/2003
I found a possible out that doesn't involve Ranko jerking Ranma around. Think about it: "falling in love" is a phrase generally accepted as meaning coming to love someone else romantically; but romantic love is not SPECIFICALLY mentioned, so maybe brother-sister love would count. Technically. Although it does not appear at the moment like this fic is going in that direction, there is plenty of room for change, in this way or in the ways I mentioned in my last review.
Ebiris chapter 4 . 3/5/2003
"Hey! I resemble that remark!" Was a pun! Haven't you people ever heard it before?

Normally it's used after being called an idiot, but I felt it was appropriate here.
Orion27 chapter 4 . 3/5/2003
Wonderful! Beautiful twist to make things difficult for Ranko like that! Although I have to admit that Ranko didn't do nearly as much as I'd have liked her to. and Happosai didn't appear at all! Maybe next time? Huh? Huh? *tries to make cute-girly-face, but fails miserably* Ahem, well, please do put in more of those two (and Kodachi, while you're at it. But don't you dare make her a rival for Ranma's affections!) in the next chapters. Only two more things I noticed while reading your long awaited update: For once, I find Genma's reaction to the mentioning of the "master" a little lacking in terror, considering that Ranko not only mentioned him, but said that he had returned. I would have expected Genma to pick up on this. Also, it should be "I resent that remark" instead of "resemble".

Enough with the bickering, please don't think I would love your story less for it! Go on writing this marvelous work of yours and update soon!

Yours truly, one messed up mind.
penny chapter 4 . 3/5/2003
More soon please :)
Babs Yerunkle chapter 4 . 3/5/2003
Absolutely GREAT!

Okay, with the idea of being constructive (rather than just some well-justified ego-stroking), here's WHY I think it's great:

This really has the feel of the original manga. Martial arts and incredible feats, along with unbelievable sillyness and an overall goofy plot device behind the entire thing. Also, your writing style just ends up seeming very "Takahashi" to me. Part of this is that Ranko's plans keep going awry, part is that Ranko is still the best martial artist in the universe (well, let's ignore Happi, and Cologne, and.), but with all that, she still can't fix her main troubles. Part is the great blind spots she continues to have (irate shop owners, falling asleep before Akane's big revelation, etc.) The mix seems like it could have stepped straight off the manga pages. Even the omnipotent-but-silly wish-guy was perfect. Oh, yeah! Best of all, Ranma (both of him) is an obnoxious (but sympathetic) jerk! It's so much fun watching either of him get irritated at the other.

I like stories with Ranma as a girl. You do this great, while still keeping Ranma (in my opinion) completely in character with the manga. He's doing nothing more than he did in PLENTY of episodes, and his internal grumblings make this plan *far* more clever than his plan to get revenge on Nabiki by telling her that he loved her. It's also fun to watch his changing/developing psyche! Everybody loves being an archair psychologist! I notice that Ranko is at least a little bit less of a jerk than Ranma is - it's nice to know that he CAN learn.

The premise is really original. Ranma-stuck-as-a-girl has been done before, two-Ranmas has been done before, but this whole set up is new. It's a good premise, don't get me wrong, but it is relatively unimportant in comparison to the first two points.

Lastly, the fic keeps surprising me, in good ways. We've all seen plenty of variations on the opening sequence. This one is the most entertaining one that I've read in a while. There are enough changes and alterations that things are different enough to be VERY different, while being the same enough for me to believe in all the characters. It's great! (And it keeps Ranko guessing, too.) Kasumi's comment about Tofu was too funny!

I still have a few questions. (I assume genie-man fixed up the details of the past, like Happi remembering his 'student'). Why isn't Happi taking advantage of Ranko? Of course, I don't remember him going after Hinako. Why isn't Kuno struck by the Pig-tailed goddess? (I won't mind if you never answer that. He *was* rather icky. Better to ignore the whole situation.)

My last big suspicion: Ranko will discover that she gets to leave, she'll get everything promised. But the universe will remain behind her - leaving Ranma with eternal heartache. Heh, heh. Well, whatever you do, you're doing it fabulously!
Dicta chapter 4 . 3/5/2003
More! More!

I've been checking if you uploaded a new chapter almost everyday! LOL! Love your fic! Take Care!
Beer-monster chapter 4 . 3/5/2003
I'm not usually fond of wish fics or Ranma stuck as a girl ones. But this is amazing. More, more. If you dont write more soon I'll cry.
578 | « Prev Page 1 .. 24 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 .. Last Next »