Reviews for A Year Abroad
aussieKayz chapter 75 . 9/5/2018
Fantastic story. Sad to read the final chapter
Guest chapter 75 . 9/4/2018
Perfect ending for this story. I have enjoyed reading it! So glad you shared it with us. Good luck with your future writing!
jadely31 chapter 75 . 9/4/2018
Thank you for hanging with this story and bringing it to closure. You've written it well. One of my favorite touches is Hermione's glass blowing. A unique talent and handled well. Thanks for bringing all of us along on your amazing journey-Good luck with your future novel.
RamenLoverPixie chapter 75 . 9/4/2018
Thank you so much for this. I too have a love for Viktor and Hermione, but see to little of them. I actually have a story all finished and ready to be posted up, but I'm honestly not sure if I'm confident enough to do it. After finishing reading this, I think I just might post it. Thank you.
Ja Ne~
roon0 chapter 75 . 9/3/2018
Brilliant ending to a brilliant story. Thank you so much for sharing.
roon0 chapter 74 . 9/3/2018
Lovely chapter.
ROXN chapter 75 . 9/3/2018
This was a lovely story and I wish you luck with writing your novel!
SereniteRose chapter 75 . 9/3/2018
well I for one so enjoyed this story and also enjoyed taking the two year journey with you, it was a great rise and I enjoyed every minute of it, thanks ever so much, and I can't wait to see what novel you write and please let me know where to buy it here in yhe U.S.A. thanks ever so much. great and HE for Hermione and Viktor.
roon0 chapter 73 . 9/3/2018
Such a lovely chapter.
SereniteRose chapter 72 . 9/2/2018
what a lovely new chapter, thanks ever so much, yay! Hermione finally graduated, thanks for that, I loved it, thanks ever so much.
roon0 chapter 72 . 9/2/2018
Lovely chapter.
NebulaDreams chapter 3 . 8/29/2018
I think this is the chapter where the story starts to shine. I'm getting quite attached to the characters already as Hermione is clearly out of her depth and is struggling internally as well with guilt and homesickness, and Viktor Krum's introverted personality is a nice contrast to his heavy build and his celebrity status. A lot of the dialogue is on point too as each character seems to have a distinct voice. This is also the part where the plot about the Wizarding War, which felt rushed at first, becomes more fleshed out as it's revealed Hermione killed Harry to remove the Horcrux, not making it just a repeat of what happened in the 7th book. It makes me wonder what exactly happened during that time, which means you've sold me on the rest of the story, so I commend you for that.

I do have a few suggestions for editing this chapter if you choose to come back to it at any point, although they are nitpicks, so take them with a pinch of salt.

It was quite jarring to read through Hermione's passages to suddenly get a peek at the Durmstrang students' speech. Granted, you established the POV was 3rd person omniscient so a bit of head hopping would've been justified, but here, it kind of takes away from the culture shock aspect Hermione's going through. Maybe if she got the translation charm beforehand, it would've made more sense to hear that in narrative.

"siphoning the mixture into a glass vile." Should be 'vial'. I would really go back and fix this typo since it pops up more than once and sticks out like a sore thumb compared to how well written everything else is.

'"Seems like we've lost her to the Slavic men already." He spat at her...' This is where my previous comment about dialogue tags highlights the importance of correct punctuation. This is supposed to be a dialogue tag so Cormac wouldn't literally be spitting at her, but with the period, it changes the tag into a verb, making it seem like he was actually spitting at her. Changing the period into a comma would fix the unclear meaning.
NebulaDreams chapter 2 . 8/29/2018
And now we've gotten to the exchange part, I can definitely relate to what Hermione has gone through, having gone through a similar situation myself. You really sell the 'fish out of water' feeling Hermione is going through, from her trying to seem polite while strong-looking foreign men are speaking a different language, to her discomfort with the situation visualised through her body language. On a side note, it's also amusing to see Hermione go through a similar experience to what Harry had to deal with, being a celebrity and all.

Even though any character development is yet to take place, and the fact the Wizarding War happens earlier offscreen is a little bit glossed over, this is still enjoyable so far and I'm looking forward to reading more of it.
NebulaDreams chapter 1 . 8/29/2018
The plot gets going quickly, which is good as you introduce the premise and get to it as soon as possible, but I had a bit of whiplash adjusting to the situation as the fact the wizarding war happens earlier than before is never explained, and Dumbledore brings up the whole 'going abroad' thing out of the blue. I'm sure Hermione would've been less willing to be moved to another school considering she had played her part in the Wizarding War before, or at the very least, interrupting her studies at Hogwarts. Then again, it is an excuse to see Hermione taking an exchange year to another Wizarding School, which is an exciting premise in itself, so I'd like to see how it plays out.

The prose was functional and nothing special, but it did flow well which made for a fast and entertaining read. I did notice a few errors ending dialogue with periods instead of commas, so maybe I would go back and edit where appropriate when you have the time.

Still, it's a strong opening chapter that gets the story moving quickly, so well done there.
Guest chapter 71 . 8/24/2018
It was so nice to have a new chapter! I love that she chose to wear red. Thanks for sharing your story with us!
220 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »