Reviews for Death Mask
That was great. What i love about your stories are how you write clarks abilities when it comes to his senses. In particular vision. It's facinating how he uses these abilities to solve problems and work out whats going on in different situations. I wished they had focused more on these skills on the show then what they did. You are a great writer. Thank you
Arafell chapter 23 . 2/25
I'm normally disappointed with Smallville crossovers, and Buffy crossovers are hard to do well, but this was pretty good. Everyone was in character, the plot didn't seem TOO far out there for Sunnydale, and the Clark/Scooby interactions were excellent.

If you ever wrote a sequel I'd read it :P
Umbra.Venator chapter 23 . 2/15
Good ending
slade42 chapter 1 . 2/15
an epilogue would be nice to see how they ended relationship.
Geor-sama chapter 23 . 2/15
So, my final review for this story (Not that I've left very many, sorry about that).

Plot: I enjoyed the story, it was very much a story in the flavor of Buffy. Plus its' fun seeing Clark dealing with the insanity that is Dawn. I enjoyed the fun of trying to figure out what exactly was going on, seeing how many of my conclusions were right and wrong. I'll admit, I wasn't expecting it to end up being a randomly Hellmouth spawned golem. A golem yes, but not one that basically came from the aether (so to speak).

Plus, Lt. Puppy Power (I know, I know) was a fun little twist. And I applaud Clark's resolution to being taken in for questioning (So rare to see characters use their heads in regards to law and procedure).

I like the various 'epilogues' and the resolution, I was a little uncertain about Clark's visit to Mr. Grant at first. But seeing how it tied into the follow up to Clark's visit to Palumbo's home settled that.

Dialogue: It flowed rather well, which is the hardest part of writing really. It's way to easy for dialogue to turn hackney or cliched - but you managed to avoid it. Or at least I think you did, maybe someone else will see it different.

Characterization: As you mentioned you focused a lot of the narrative on Dawn and it shows as she experiences the biggest amount of characterization. During the series I never had any strong opinion on Dawn. I didn't hate her or like her. Just neutral. But during your series, I actually grew to like her. Which isn't to say that Clark doesn't have any, and the characterization we get is great, especially seeing him slowly come start accepting his otherworldness. I also loved the subtle touches of how the two influenced each other for the course of the story.

Honestly this is the biggest problem a lot of writers have, the balance of characterization. You handled it well and kept it focused tightly on your two main characters.

Criticism: Nothing really to say here. There might be problems, but they were either few or I never noticed them. A sign of an excellent and engaging story really. I would have liked to have seen more of the Scooby Gang/Spike, or perhaps Clark dealing with other Sunnydale issues...but that probably would have required changing the plot so that golem Buffy only killed every other week or once or month.

Finally: Thank you for the story, I look forward to more. Also, I know you said no sequel (and I understand) but it might be worth thinking about if for no other reason than than the challenge.
GenoBeast chapter 23 . 2/15
The writing is good and while the main plot was not the greatest for me it did demonstrate your ability to create an original scenario. I really like superman stories that effectively convey his OP nature while creating realistic scenarios that limit his ability which you tend to be the best at in my opinion.
Michael chapter 23 . 2/15
I just really wanted to say how much I loved your ending, I thought it was really grand.
Exodus5 chapter 23 . 2/15
I enjoyed the story very much. It was more of a Buffy story than it was a Superman story though at least in what the plot revolved around. I understand you aren't going to make a sequel to this but the next step for Clark here seems to be discovering more about who he really is but that has been many times and we all how that story goes. I'm a pretty big Superman fan so I'm looking forward to your next story involving Clark. Of your stories I like this one and magic box the best.

Though I am wonder why you restrict yourself to the Smallville version of teenage Clark instead any other version? He's probably one of my least favorite renditions of the character. Though your Clark is quite a bit different than Smallville Clark.
DapperCrapper chapter 23 . 2/15
No, this was just the perfect thing to wake up to! I'm having one of those bittersweet moments where you love the story, but you're sad it's over because it was so awesome! I loved your characterization, and the way the two of them rubbed off on each other, just a bit. Though, I can just imagine Clark rambling off about complex physics he were to find out Dawn was made from mystical energy. I also loved the idea of some human meddling with magic was what sparked it for both of them, and the ending showing how Buffy really did touch other's lives, though her image was corrupted- I'm harking back to Dawn and Clark's discussion about Wicca and other humanitarian religions being corrupted for some goon's own gain here. That little line from earlier chapters really did make the ending a lot more profound in my opinion. (Seriously, I dig your continuity talent)

And, I loved that it was Dawn-centric. I would have loved to see more from Clark, but, hey it was lovey. As for the Scoobies, I'm okay with their limited appearances. You really did illustrate how they were doing Dawn more harm than good by constantly sheltering her. And c'mon, she's made from Buffy's blood... How complacent did they think she was going to stay? (Okay, sorry, my own little rant there) And slightly vindictive Clark screwing with Xander earlier... hilarious!

And honestly, the only things I've noticed that needed fixing were a few minor typos, and those were REALLY minor.

So, thanks so much for this amazing work, and I'll keep on the lookout for other works from you as well. Keep being awesome!
Aryan229 chapter 23 . 2/14
Great.I loved mystery and drama.
Conner63 chapter 23 . 2/14
I read of your stories and enjoyed all of them I especially like how you had Clark deal with his powers and and fears. Enjoy the characterization of dawn, I'd like her pairings with Clark better than Buffy. waiting to see what you write next.
blaker316 chapter 23 . 2/14
awesome ending I do hope that you reconsider doing a sqeual to this it be a shame to just leave as a oneshot
Aryan229 chapter 22 . 2/3
Great.
blueprintstyles chapter 22 . 2/3
Another great chapter, you really get the mind and emotions of Dawn very well. Love the bit with Clark's smile
DapperCrapper chapter 22 . 2/2
Yes! Another chapter! And, oh jeez, someone in Sunnydale can smell what Clark is... this is getting awesome!