Reviews for What Lies Beneath
FieryMonarch chapter 3 . 1/14
Five stars, Two thumbs up, And an Emmy.
kreite chapter 11 . 1/3
So good man so good, this whole thing basically alleviates any misgivings I may have had with the source material, I love tsuyu’s characterisation, I love the natural growth in the character interactions, I love everything about this
kreite chapter 7 . 1/2
Fucking love the friendships you’re so deftly and beautifully cultivating with the girls. And I love that you don’t shy away from how vile bakugou is without actually assassinating his character or bashing him.
jddtgm chapter 12 . 11/23/2017
Nucleophile deserves an award for this. I wish I could think of some useful constructive criticism but I'm so taken aback that unfiltered praise will have to suffice. Please continue what you're doing Nucleophile! You have immense talent for this kind of writing. This is the kind of quality I would expect from a professional writer!
Nicholas Montes chapter 12 . 10/21/2017
Hey when are you going to update I love your book and wish to see more of your work soon
Zoommerfish chapter 12 . 10/12/2017
SO far so good, a pretty fluid dialogue, (although Mina is a bit more aggressive and powerful than in the Original), but I think you're rushing with the flashbacks, especially mid-battle.

Also when are you going to update!?
Professor Pasta chapter 12 . 8/28/2017
Truly a great story. Tsuyu is one of my favorite characters from MHA, and seeing the series from her perspective is a treat to read. You've done a wonderful job fleshing out her character, and I like how you're subtly weaving her into the main narrative: too many of these particular AU's fall into the trap of shoehorning the side character into the plot right from the get-go. I also love the development given to characters like Momo, Mina, Mineta... in fact, pretty much everybody is written well. And the fact that this story will have Izuku/Tsuyu (a criminally underwritten ship) is just icing on the cake.

Can't wait for the next chapter!
neverdie chapter 12 . 8/21/2017
this fic is very interesting
JDH1080 chapter 12 . 8/13/2017
Finally caught up. Gah I love/hate when that happens. On o e hand it was hard to put this down, on another I gotta wait for more. I hope you'll keep going with this. I like the slow pace, the build up. It feels like every bit of development is monumental yet we're only this far in. I love your writing style and cannot wait to read more.
JDH1080 chapter 11 . 8/12/2017
I have thusly enjoyed this so far. I really like the way you give us Tsuyu's perspective. And her characterization, as well as everyone else's rings true. I really enjoyed this chapter and the last. I've spent the day reading this on and off since I just finished watching season 1 of this show. I hope you keep writing this, and I can't wait for more. Keep up the great work.
pervertmonster chapter 12 . 7/31/2017
I agree with you about the bus rides. It's something that we know they go through and you use that time for character development. Mineta also has a lot of potential, but at the same time, I don't know if anyone would really be able to get along with the guy. Boys can possibly be his friends, but I doubt that any lady could deal with "the human incarnation of lust".

The bushy eyebrow doctor reminds me of the doctor Izuku saw with his mother as a kid. I'm guessing that if it is related, then future story arc. If not related, then I blame my delusions for my laziness.

Also, I leled at how serious Kirishima got and how Mina tried to console him. It does feel a little weird around that point, but I still believe that it's plausible.
xbox432 chapter 12 . 7/25/2017
Hmm, yeah those kids are gonna need some counseling services. Nice to see some realism in a shonen series (not sure if this is in canon or just in your story), so many series just gloss over the fact that a civilian teenager is dumped into a situation which could get them killed... There WILL be issues that pop up.
JollyRogerGuy chapter 12 . 7/25/2017
I think I forgot to review this chapter and I'm too lazy to check it for sure. ANYWAY, I don't remember ever telling you but your Mineta is awesome. Really looks like the original one, second only to Tsuyu herself. And the moment we've been all waiting is coming at last! Do not disappoint us bro!
JollyRogerGuy chapter 12 . 7/25/2017
LuckySeven-Chomei chapter 12 . 7/25/2017
Great story, I love especially how you build Tsuyu's character and the little interactions between the classmates. Always wanted to know a bit more about them and how they interact with each other during school, including the ones we didn't see much of in the first two seasons like Shouji or Tooru... personality-wise that is. Guess it will take some time until we see Tooru for real if ever...
Anyway like the pairing, that's why I started to read. But you did a great job at Tsuyu's perspective so I'm looking forward to it regardless of DekuXTsuyu interactions. Though I'm curious as to when the story will noticeably diverge from the original. Kinda hope that some battles at the sports festival arc will be different.
But well as long as you keep writing I won't complain-