Reviews for What Lies Beneath
The Love of Reading chapter 1 . 7/2
Love this story plz plz plz update soon
Cyde chapter 12 . 5/27
The good thing is that you're writing a slow burn.

The bad thing is that you're writing a slow burn.

It's good because it creates a realistic buildup to a relationship. It's bad because your update schedule - nearing a year since your last update now - is abysmal, giving your readership time to lose interest and tune out.

The biggest saving grace is that your story is, by and large, compelling enough that some readers won't necessarily mind going back and re-reading the story once you update in order to refresh themselves on what the story is about.
This is amazing. Good job. I love it so far.
kreite chapter 12 . 5/7
Story's still dang good and satisfyingly substantial in how maturely it treats the audience and the characters.
Mr.Vegerott23 chapter 1 . 4/8
Good story
m00m00k chapter 12 . 3/7
Really nice. I am impressed. Good pacing, adding depth to the characters, no simple retelling of the main plot. Pretty good job, thank you. I hope you'll continue this story.
pmw928 chapter 12 . 3/4
Great story, great characterization! Shame it emded right when it was picking up too.. update soon please?
FieryMonarch chapter 3 . 1/14
Five stars, Two thumbs up, And an Emmy.
kreite chapter 11 . 1/3
So good man so good, this whole thing basically alleviates any misgivings I may have had with the source material, I love tsuyu’s characterisation, I love the natural growth in the character interactions, I love everything about this
kreite chapter 7 . 1/2
Fucking love the friendships you’re so deftly and beautifully cultivating with the girls. And I love that you don’t shy away from how vile bakugou is without actually assassinating his character or bashing him.
jddtgm chapter 12 . 11/23/2017
Nucleophile deserves an award for this. I wish I could think of some useful constructive criticism but I'm so taken aback that unfiltered praise will have to suffice. Please continue what you're doing Nucleophile! You have immense talent for this kind of writing. This is the kind of quality I would expect from a professional writer!
Nicholas Montes chapter 12 . 10/21/2017
Hey when are you going to update I love your book and wish to see more of your work soon
Zoommerfish chapter 12 . 10/12/2017
SO far so good, a pretty fluid dialogue, (although Mina is a bit more aggressive and powerful than in the Original), but I think you're rushing with the flashbacks, especially mid-battle.

Also when are you going to update!?
Professor Pasta chapter 12 . 8/28/2017
Truly a great story. Tsuyu is one of my favorite characters from MHA, and seeing the series from her perspective is a treat to read. You've done a wonderful job fleshing out her character, and I like how you're subtly weaving her into the main narrative: too many of these particular AU's fall into the trap of shoehorning the side character into the plot right from the get-go. I also love the development given to characters like Momo, Mina, Mineta... in fact, pretty much everybody is written well. And the fact that this story will have Izuku/Tsuyu (a criminally underwritten ship) is just icing on the cake.

Can't wait for the next chapter!
neverdie chapter 12 . 8/21/2017
this fic is very interesting