Reviews for You Must (Not) Run Away
DarkBluePhoenix chapter 35 . 6/29/2018
The Final chapter, and what a chapter it was!

Even though it’s short, it did tie up almost all the loose ends the story still had, and gave a nice sense of closure to the story. I liked the openendedness of it, like there could be a sequel in there somewhere, and that everyone, including someone very much unexpected, got a happy ending is just what this story needed.

It was an excellent story, and I would recommend it to anyone interested in EVA fanfiction. Keep up the great work, and I can't wait to see your next story!
DarkBluePhoenix chapter 34 . 6/29/2018
The penultimate chapter… nicely done. Let's see if I can do this without revealing anything of a spoiling nature, so this may be a bit short…

The explanation behind Gendo's ultimate plan and this version of Instrumentality was brilliant and unexpected. Seeing different views of instrumentality, and the fragments of memory that stayed were very well done. Everyone had a different trigger to remember, though this appears to be Gendo's doing as his own form of self–punishment.

Also, the false life angle was pretty neat, and from what you implied from the dialogue is that everyone got to live their ideal lives over, or at least the ones we were able to view.

Overall, the chapter was great, and I wish I could delve into it in more detail, but I can't wait to read the final chapter and see how you finish this story off!
DarkBluePhoenix chapter 33 . 6/29/2018
That was one hell of a chapter!

There's not much I can say on this chapter without spoiling too much, but here goes…

Shinji's entire segment up to Terminal Dogma made a lot of sense, as was the choice of setting… very appropriate. The exposition, while long, was really quite brilliant, and was needed to begin tying the loose ends off, and it explained all but a few details of what was really going on with the tower and people's various plans. Though with Fifth Impact starting via Unit-01 (not a surprise) and Shinji's final confrontation with Gendo looking very similar to Rei's standoff in EoE… why does Gendo like shooting people so much? I can't really guess at what's going to happen, all I know is that things are about to interesting.

I can't wait to see what happens with only two chapters left!
DarkBluePhoenix chapter 32 . 6/29/2018
What a powerful chapter!

Rei's condition seems to have worsened, though her being tossed around the Entry Plug doesn't seem to cause any lasting harm, which is a plus, though Ritsuko not knowing what's wrong is troubling. Though she seems to know that Shinji needs her help, even though everyone passes off that he's fine because he's with Asuka shows they don't know the current status of Unit–02.

Now, the NAUTILUS was impressive, though it took too long to keep anything bad from happening to the Thunderchild, though the other ship put up an impressive fight, it just wasn't enough.

Now, Shinji's in full guilt mode, going over all the people he's lost, and wishing he had never been brought out of Unit-01. Then, who else shows up but his father, offering him a way to see his beloved Asuka again. Once again, Shinji is caught by Gendo's manipulations,

Back on the Wunder, I wasn’t really surprised about Unit–01 awakening. In all honesty, it had to be done in order to get all the elements for another Impact, with the resident Impact happy EVA on the Wunder, it breaking free was inevitable, though I'll admit, thirty minutes is 29 minutes and 50 seconds longer than I thought it would take for Unit-01 to rip itself free and destroy the Wunder to go help Shinji. Though, I do like how Misato is involving herself directly this time, so the finale should be one hell of a time.

Asuka's alive! I guess Kyoko got off her ass after all, which is nice, though Asuka's not exactly in the best condition, she's alive, and saved by Kozo, send its good that Misato appears as well, and Gendo's plan comes to light, Shinji will once again become the instrument of instrumentality, though this is by design for reasons I won't mention for fear of spoiling this, though the revelation is brilliant. And I can understand Fuyutsuki's motivations, he's doing this for Yui and to stop Gendo once and for all.

Shinji and Gendo's conversation was interesting, and Gendo's view of the world certainly makes sense from his perspective, and it was almost humble that he said he was nothing without Yui. Even through all he has accomplished, he still doesn't feel like he's wort anything… maybe he is human after all… though he's still using and manipulating Shinji to get what he wants by lying, so he's still a massive asshole.

And the finale of the chapter… excellent. I love the conversation between two unexpected people, and Gendo's plan blowing up in his face once again.

I wonder what revelations will come next!
DarkBluePhoenix chapter 31 . 6/29/2018
I loved this chapter!

Misato spelling out the irony of Shinji's willingness to pilot, while we all know about it, it’s always nice to have it pointed out for the sake of laughing at how stubborn and obstinate Shinji can be.

The battle was very well written, having the onslaught of enemy forces, and the strength of the A.T. Field around the tower be so powerful seems well within the norms considering this is "the final boss" Also, having Espèrer have their own AAA vessel is an interesting twist, and the name is pretty awesome too.

Having Asuka call out to her mother was also a smart move on her part, though it has yet to work, but I'm sure the situation just isn’t desperate enough for Kyoko to intervene at this very moment.

And it appears Rei's psychic link to the Nemesis series has returned and is stronger than ever… though it appears we know why it’s kicked in with such a strong creature guarding the tower. Clearly firing two powerful blasts at the Wunder and Thunderchild means this thing is going to be tough, but I wonder if this NAUTILUS was built to fight against it.

And the ending… another unexpected turn of events, I hope everything works out and Shinji can pull off some kind of miracle, though with this being EVA, anything is possible. And it seems that some scenes are always destined to repeat as "fixed points in time"

Hoping things start to look up in the next chapter!
DarkBluePhoenix chapter 30 . 6/29/2018
Excellent chapter!

I liked the opening where everyone voices their concerns, Shinji being afraid of his father, and Rei being conflicted about Gendo because of her varying memories of who he was as a person. It really shows (from an outside perspective) the fall of Gendo from someone who just wanted to try and make things right to someone who will do anything to get what he wants.

Asuka’s reaction to finding out her mother is inside Unit-02 (in some form or another…) is perfectly understandable. Though who did Asuka kill? It's a question I'm sure will be answered sooner rather than later, but it’s still interesting… what happened in those 14 years that caused Asuka to (presumably) murder someone?

Also, the inclusion of Mari acting like an airhead but actually being pretty intelligent was a nice touch, and I like that Asuka was somehow surprised by it as well.

Misato's apology was also out of the blue, but very heartfelt, and her explanation of Second Impact and her father felt needed just as Shinji is about to go face his own. And the question Misato raises is an interesting one, does Shinji really hate his father? Again, another question that will soon likely be answered.

And the reason for the tower’s existence… damn, not what I was expecting. But I liked the inclusion of the "cycles" theory, which is the one thing that holds every fic written about this show together, they can all exist in the multiverse of infinite possibilities, and you tied in that key very nicely as well.

Can't wait to see what comes next!
DarkBluePhoenix chapter 29 . 12/8/2017
Good chapter, so far a nice lead up to what's to come.

Ha, dress uniforms, its cute Asuka and Misato ordered Shinji one. But I agree with Asuka, no one likes a tight collar.

Shinji meeting Erika was interesting. Erika's thoughts afterwards however are more intriguing, I can't wait to see where you're going to take that.

Next a little bot of Gendo, who never hurt anybody (except Shinji of course), and boy is he pissed at being outsmarted, which, with Fuyutuski's running commentary, was a perfect way to give us some good exposition about how WILLE is handling Gendo being involved. And ever the master planner, Gendo has a backup plan for replacing Rei, which makes total sense when you think about it.

Next we have the meeting with Misato. Most of the stuff that was explained in the first part was fairly straightforward. Shit happened after NTI, and the NERV folks eventually renounce NERV as the UN storms the place and they become WILLE. However, Asuka's question was really what needed to be answered and it was a surprising answer, no Angel, just some wonkieness from how they healed her. And then the big reveal... mommas in EVAs. Not a big spoiler, but the reaction is still priceless, Asuka is actually speechless, and Shinji sees to have accepted it in some way or another.

All in all another great chapter!
DarkBluePhoenix chapter 28 . 12/8/2017
Another great chapter!

Misato has a lot of feelings from just looking at a picture, which I can understand with all her regrets, and then you have Misato thinking its time to pick them up and bring them back to the Wunder.

Meanwhile you have Asuka reminiscing and having her own feelings about Mari and after hearing Misato is on the Wunder again, that maybe its time for them to go back.

I love that Rei is concerned about Mari's feelings, it's really quite wonderful to see Rei care so much. You're done really well with Rei Q's evolution in your story, she has grown even more than little Shinji-kun.

And finally, your divergent story lines come together in a very sweet moment, and some damn onions made my eyes water.
DarkBluePhoenix chapter 27 . 12/8/2017
It's been a very long time since i reviewed, but I'll give it a shot.

Chapter was good, dealing mostly with the aftermath of the battles everyone was facing. Asuka was very much herself, and the revelations brought to her by Shinji about the EVAs was a long time coming.

As for Mari and Rei, things were pretty normal, and Mari just did her thing. Clearly Mari got her ass kicked if she was in the hospital, but these things happen in their line of work.

As for the crew of the AAA Wunder itself, the bridge crew finding out about the truth of what had gone on was quite epic, and their reactions to what I presume is memory manipulation of some kind is also awesome! Finally, Shinji isn't the bad guy, and it was good you acknowledged that Misato did encourage Shinji to save Rei. It's good everyone remembers that.

Nice real world Qumran Caves shout out, and the ending was also a surprise, and well done. Always good to have a surprise built in.
Viper5497 chapter 35 . 9/11/2017
Well... that's a good ending for a good fic in my book. Is there going to be a sequel to this? Or is it actually over?
Silvermoonlight GJ chapter 35 . 8/22/2017
I really loved this ending it felt heartfelt and wholesome its like EOE just way better and I enjoyed the touches you put in, in that people get real disoriented when they first come out of the red sea and needing help hence a camp needed to be set up. I enjoyed seeing Asuka/Shinji and Rei/Mari's relationships both come full cycle and everyone else on the crew coming out.

I like the added touch that Maya and Ritsuko both want to look after Erika and be her parents. Also the thing with Kaworu was also great in that he's now been given a second chance to live a normal human life and do what ever he desires free of Seele and Gendo to pursue his own life and I'm guessing this may have broken the curse of Eva hence why all of the piolts might start to age naturally now.

The ending of Gendo was really good because you've implied that he stuck in a place of his own making in that he's to much of of a coward to ever leave but will forever know what he has in not real hence he is stuck in a endless cycle he basically break and could be there for eternity.
Cory Cooper chapter 35 . 8/22/2017
I've been reading this for awhile now, I've been dealing with quite a tough time in my life and this fic has helped me escape to somewhere better. I have hope that the final Eva movie could be half as good as your writing and also hope that in the future you will write more. Many emotional moments were shared by me during this reading over the love and loss and everything gained for the characters
SotV chapter 35 . 8/21/2017
Nice epilogue and good story overall.
reeleffendeel chapter 35 . 8/21/2017
Congratulations!

I have been sucked into this story since you first released it and I'm overjoyed to see it come to such a satisfying end! The open ended conclusion fit very well with the tone of Evangelion, the only difference is that it ended on a much better note.

It's heartwarming to see everyone come out of this tragedy as better people and while the road to recovery will be long, they will be able to repair their world.

Fantastic job on finishing this story, I cant wait to see what you have in store next time.
Vedemin chapter 35 . 8/21/2017
So this is the epilogue...
I can say I am quite fulfilled with this ending. I don't know what to really write about it, but this is the kind of ending I love.

The entire story pinned me down each time a chapter came out. You did a great job making an ending to the current cliffhanger we were left with in 3.0. I wish 3.01.0 was based on your story but that's probably not going to happen :(

Congratulations on finishing the journey!
191 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »