Reviews for Changing Destiny
Ryan chapter 10 . 11/2/2016
Really neat story, I hope you transfer the rest of it as well!
cko2 chapter 12 . 11/4/2016
nice to see a couple of new chapters to this story. really hope Utah can be hard along with the other grils get the chance to talk to thier crews for the upcoming war which really is goning to turn heads for sure when things go hot. the last chapter of biz being called aman by her cap..thats was amsuing.
BrokenLifeCycle chapter 11 . 11/4/2016
Most powerful battleship? Ha... May I introduce her to the Yamato class and the Iowa class?
mcrae1o1nick chapter 12 . 11/4/2016
Your update schedule gives me life
mcrae1o1nick chapter 9 . 11/1/2016
Two words. Japanese internment. I was absolutely livid when I read about the backwards and upside down logic that was used to justify this. Apparently the army destroyed, suppressed and edited documents in order to make it seem more logical, and the the census department handed over information to the govt also. However, if your story is set in Hawaii then you should focus on the governor of the island who tried to oppose the orders, because one third of the islands pop was Japanese.
meep chapter 10 . 10/30/2016
UPDATE! this is awesome
mcrae1o1nick chapter 10 . 10/30/2016
I have been waiting for this story for a long time thank you
cko2 chapter 10 . 10/27/2016
To bad such a short chapter, very cool to see things starting to get used in practice. And god to have it pointed out that the tops really sucked.
Zaralann chapter 9 . 10/20/2016
Nice!
Please more!
Darth nylon544 chapter 9 . 10/19/2016
Been reading this story. I like what I see so far. My favorite characters are Ari, Sara and Utah. Thompson is a good guy.

I hope you explore the revelations and reactions of the public, government, religions of both the USA and the rest of the world to the existence of Ship-spirits. No kancolle or Kantai fics explores the upheaval such a revelation would cause.

Is scrapping cause one does not have money to take care of this ships or upgrade them or cause they are obsolete pretty much forced euthanasia aka murder?

Does anything else have human spirits like cars or tress or oceans or merchant ships or cruise liners or home spirits? If the answer to the previous is yes, privacy is a joke.

Never mind, the fact that Shinto religion and any other religion or belief about everything having a spirit is validated in their beliefs. Imperial Japan may well get a boost from this some way.

Please, please explore these issues.
MirageSPL chapter 9 . 10/6/2016
Loved it when I first came across this story. Still loving it. Great so far. I'd ask for longer chapters though. I find myself wanting more every chapter.
cko2 chapter 9 . 10/4/2016
Cool story and just read all the chapter to 9 this morning. Time treval storyies always seem weird. On here itbis hit or missvwhat is going to carry on to be interesting to people or not. I havecwrote some short stuff and it never seemed to get much interest for them. Just have to have the right idea to spark what people are willing to read. Partly might be the tagline on the story is I think one of the biggest issues of how to get noticed. Thanks for sharing.
Logan96 chapter 8 . 10/2/2016
Great story Let see some romance from Saratoga and some jealousy from Arizona
Modern Sky chapter 7 . 9/24/2016
You know it really is a shame this story doesn't have more popularity than it currently seems to, but then again I guess that's just how the luck of these things tends plays out.

That said, good story, one that I find myself more invested in as I read on. Time travel fics, despite as popular as they seem to be on this site (probably because of the lacking need to divert from canon more so than anything), rarely catch my interest since they always seem to fall short of their potential. The premise isn't anything new or noteworthy, but with that said, the approaches you're making on world history itself most certainly are. Or at the very least, I don't think I've - personally - ever seen it done. Definitely not this well.

Then again, I guess it also helps that I'm prone to quickly liking just about everything that deals in the history of WWII. It's what got me into this fandom in the first place, actually.

What's gotten me to stay though, is without question the grasp you have on your characters. From my own experience that isn't always an easy task, even for a piece currently as short as this, and posting that creation for others to see and critique always takes a measure of courage (I've dabbled in it at one point, but for the most part a majority of my OC's remain hidden in a folder on my desktop). I've come to enjoy their traits and aspects almost as much as I do the canon girls themselves, and it makes me wish all the more so KanColle would get around to tackling the allied shipgirls with more gusto already than they currently are.

With Warspite, I think we have two now? Better than nothing I guess. Really I'm just thanking you for the reminder than the Americans and British had plenty of their own ships in the war as well.

On a side note, I actually thank you for keeping us in the dark as to a number of events, since the case is no different from the perspective of your Admiral. Too many other authors I've seen would either strive to answer questions such as "How he time traveled in the first place?" or "What happened to the Abyssals?" from the first chapter, giving us as readers a rather weak and incredibly boring take on what's happening. Or they'd just ignore it entirely and leave it as a plot hole. The fact you keep reminding us of it tells me you have a plan in mind, I just don't know what that plan is, and as a reader I appreciate that and it keeps my interest.

Though with this most recent chapter, it becomes apparent you don't intend to leave us restricted to the events focused solely around your main character, and that only proves to leave me more intrigued. On top of that, I'm loving your perspective on canonical events of the war from the shipgirls themselves, shown in this most recent chapter. Provides a whole new form of emotional investment, and makes me re-evaluate my grasp on the psyche of these girls I've been developing for my own story.

Anyway, I'm probably just rambling by this point, so I inevitably wait for the chapter I expect will break my heart when the Japanese fleet appears on stage. If done right, and if the Abyssals don't screw things to hell and back first, then I imagine it's going to be no less of an emotional roller coaster for your Admiral and his carrier.
korrd chapter 7 . 9/23/2016
While I can appreciate this chapter, I also understand the historical reasoning behind why the British did what they did. At this point in time the British Empire was by itself against a country that had taken out and possibly taken control of their former ally. They couldn't take the chance of the Germans taking control of the French Navy and therefore when the French refused the ultimatum offered to them, albeit due to confusion and lack of communication, the British felt they had no choice. And as shown later on in the war, the Germans did attempt to steal the French Fleet in 1942, and while the French did indeed scuttle it before it could be taken, the British were in a very difficult position in July 1940.

Additionally, while the British and French were allies, one must never forget that close allies can become enemies as soon as the leadership changes. As shown by the Quasi-War between the US and France not too long after the American Revolution.
51 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »