Reviews for Old Friends
Daniel Thomas Stack chapter 1 . 3/7/2009
After looking at this I have to wonder. Why haven't you written one?

Have trouble imagining the reaction of Zentraedi facing off against Voltron or something?

I have found that using Google to do site searches of fanfiction. net keeping the URL with the / s / tag for stories tends to make it easier to track down actual fics instead of fighting with the built in site search engine.

Just use distinctive names like Minmei or Fokker and you'd be surprised how much can still pop up that might be better than a lame rehash to drag in another series. Then again I'm kinda fond of the Ranma 1/2 cross fusion rehashes.

I hope you can find something that would be fun to write about with the people of the SDF-1. No telling if I would be around to spot it but after seeing how much you like it according to this I think you could do it justice and maybe erase a bit of the problem you found with lack of blatant fan following.

Spokavriel yahoo . com
Lunacharm chapter 1 . 2/13/2008
My god if I didn't know better, I could have sworn that was me you were talking about in this story.

I feel your pain of rediscovering Robotech a few years ago and finding nothing on the internet to help feed my passion for a cartoon and book series that I loved so long ago.

Although I just heard a rumor that there might be a live-action Robotech movie in the works. Maybe the series will live on? I can only hope so. I would like for my children to grow up loving this series as well.
Wing Omega chapter 1 . 9/13/2005
This brings back memories of when I used to use Max as proof that people with glasses could be fighter pilots.
Kitty Fett chapter 1 . 4/26/2004
All right. Rock on. *grins*
I've just been re-watching the Macross Saga DVDs, and it's just like that. Old friends.
Orange Blossom Nin chapter 1 . 7/22/2003
hm sort of like how it happened to me, I was one of the original Robotech/Macross viewers when it was on toonami. Infact I think it was my very first anime...*sigh* Of course after it was taken off the air I fell in love with Thundercats, Voltron, Pokemon (Yes I admit it I once was a poke-fanatic, ahh the bad old days *Shudder* _) but A place in my heart was always reserved for Robotech. It happened last wensday my dad was picking me up from church and he happened to mention that he had come across a anime series in K-mart. When he mentioned the word Robotech I suddenly got a flash of my own versions of Rick and Lisa (pretty much the only episode that I clearly remember was the semi-end of the last episode) anyway I immediatly forgot it and my mind connected it with metabots for some strange reason. I said I wasn't interested and he said okay...5 blocks later we were headed for K-mart. Needless to say the moment I saw the DVD I shrieked and hugged it. Now I have 1,3 and the rest are coming in the mail...Thanks for listening_ I've been dying to get that story off my chest.

Loves!

Liz_
Gyakutenno Megami1 chapter 1 . 7/22/2003
Ryou: Will you ever do that to me? Forget I ever existed?

Gyakutenno: Doubt it.

5 years later. . .

? ? ?
zKat chapter 1 . 5/15/2003
Well written and I understand! I happened to come across the dvd's for the Macross Saga and watched them and wow did it bring back memories! Despite all the different anime's I've watched I think Robotech, my first, will always be my favorite! It's such a shame it's hard to find stuff out there concerning it \
Wingless Phoenix chapter 1 . 4/19/2003
YES! U HAVE IDENTICAL FEELINGS WITH ME! ABSOLUTELY IDENTICAL! *dances around in joy* WHEE! I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE AFTER ALL! WHEE! YAHOO! ALL HAIL THE GREAT ROY! HAHAHA! whoopsie...got a little carried away...
Meredith T. Tasaki chapter 1 . 3/28/2003
*smiles to herself* "Mine snagged me in the library"... It's really almost the same story! I watched Toonami too. Then it went off, I fumed, saw the second episode of Sailor Moon, and slowly the memory faded. Then, one day, I finally graduated to the 'young adult' section of the library, and there it was- a Robotech book. One of the aforementioned three-in-one novels. And suddenly I was remembering- my old binder, how I used to try to jot down the lyrics to Minmei's songs... The amazing moments; Max and Miriya, the battle where earth is destroyed, when Rick and Lisa _finally_ get together...

I watched Voltron, but I always hated Thundercats ; And _I've_ gone on to mostly Clamp manga and Cowboy Bebop. But it _was_ a good show, I wasn't hallucinating! Even though I was still writing in print, I was right when I thought it was good!

Lord, that's comforting.

Thank you for writing this. It's always nice to know one's not alone in the world.
Foxfur chapter 1 . 3/2/2003
I think you summed it up perfectly! My husband and I are currently enjoying introducing our sons to Robotech. I used to watch it in the mornings while getting ready for school. It makes us laugh when the kids groan about Minmai singing the same old 'brand new' song over and over. But guess what they've loaded onto their computer to have as a wakeup call in the mornings! And our first pet gerbils were named Max and Miriya!
SailorCallie chapter 1 . 2/5/2003
EXCELLENT! :D
Rbotekmaster chapter 1 . 2/3/2003
Hey this is Rbotekmaster, a fellow fanficiton writer and proud member of .com. If you want to get back into robotech the site I just mentioned is the best place to do it. we have an extensive infopedia section and our communtiy is one of the best around. hope to see you on the message boards. i usually post in the Clone Zone Cafe, a chat thread, which opens around 10 a.m central time.
The goddess Of lit and vocab chapter 1 . 1/31/2003
Just to let you know, Del Ray books has this thing going on where you can get the books in collective form. There's three books to a novel, and they only cost about 7 bucks. I found them in Waldenbooks the other day. Oh, and did you know that their coming out with this new mange that's a prequal to Macross? It's supposed to feature Roy.
Sphersian chapter 1 . 1/31/2003
Hi! That's great that you rediscovered Robotech! :) I see you've written a LOT of stories, any chance that now that you've said hello to some old friends (robotech characters) that you'll write some Robotech fanfics? :)