Reviews for Earning The Badge
savwafair chapter 1 . 12/12/2022
you really don't know the difference between therapy and psychiatry, huh?
scoutgryph chapter 1 . 6/10/2022
I still just love this writing! It is fun to reread when I need a lift.
I do hope, Dear Author, that you are able to continue this in your own good time.
zack chapter 10 . 2/14/2022
Just reread this, and again i am blown away by the good characterisation, you write smart Nick so very well, he is smart and a conman, but is not perfect, and thats what alot of people writing him do, they big him up alot.

this was i think, my favortite Zootopia fic when i first read it, its certainly one of the fics that think about quite often, and one of the few stories i check on every couple of months (hell its one of like...6 fics that i check for - i find A03 better for tags and so have pretty much moved over there)

but goddamn, i haven't reread this in maybe...10 months? it is definately my favorite zootopia fic, hands down. the twists! the turns! the flirting! the doctor! ZG! the songs! the narrative! its all just so damn good, i also find the older i am getting the more i relate to your version on nick

(i wish i had Dyslexia so i could make the workers of the world untie!" joke IRL)

real life sucks, and gets in the way, no pressure to update this, i'll keep on checking it, and rereading it, i'm happy to wait for such good storycraft, saw that you updated your guardians fic, so i'm glad that your alive, hopefully well. (i may now have a gander at that in a few days)

keep up the good work!
SumDumWriter chapter 10 . 8/24/2021
is this still being worked on ?
D Fox chapter 10 . 5/21/2021
You definitely have a very unique take on Nicholas Wilde. I feel that you write him with the most intellect and hustler intuition of anyone on this site (at least that I have read up to this point). It's very refreshing! I must say though my favorite part of this entire series thus far has been the montage cuts in Case 1: Chapter 4 (starts with the Foo Fighters, ends with the drunk porcupine) That made me laugh so much when I read it! I hope to see an update on this in the future. You've really laid some groundwork for all sorts of outcomes to Case 2 in your last two chapters. Best!
Denisore chapter 10 . 2/19/2021
Really like the way you use Nick in this story. Excellent profiler, good logic and analysis capabilities, a good nose that he knows how to put to good use... Except when it comes to himself, where he's completely lost
Any new chapters coming?
scoutgryph chapter 10 . 12/20/2020
Merry Christmas, dear Author.
jgk641 chapter 10 . 11/16/2020
great story , keep up the good work
Mr. Aanonymous chapter 1 . 10/29/2020
are there any lemons?
D4rK Sid3 chapter 10 . 10/21/2020
Fantastic fic you got here. I like the language and the words used, very street wise and natural. I like Nick's personality so far, not practically drowning in tears and sadness as I've read in many fics, but quite disbelieving and self lying, an escapist if you will.

As for Judy, she has a good edge, polished by her experience and I like it so far. However, I do wish she was armed with firearms; seems kind of off since you've mentioned other law enforcement personnel being armed and she is not.

I hope you update soon.

D4rK
Wolfx1120 chapter 10 . 10/9/2020
I am so loving this... Keep up the great work :3
CK chapter 10 . 9/26/2020
I just love the little gems of references woven into the fabric of your work. The Watership Down ones were obvious, but, Scotch Mist? Did I detect a little Darkplace Hospital there, maybe? Thank you once again for returning to this story.
Blkdragon7 chapter 10 . 9/12/2020
Excellent as the rest. Does need a bit of proofread level fixes, but overall great.
Blkdragon7 chapter 5 . 9/11/2020
Still gold, and loving the DieHard 2 references.

Critique... a few more issues. Minor things, such as properly spelled words that are not the write word. ( Like that) Otherwise, structure and writing are tight.
Blkdragon7 chapter 4 . 9/11/2020
Gone heavy on the Gross Point Blank references... loved it.