Reviews for Letters from Two
Hartmannclan chapter 21 . 2/11/2018
Thanks for sharing your story. I loved the fact that Katniss didnt respond for ages. Made it more poignant. These were such sweet letters! A new favorite.
igsygrace chapter 22 . 10/6/2016
I enjoyed this very much!
Idge chapter 1 . 10/2/2016
Where do people get the notion that Peeta isn't masculine? He fought one career and killed another. He pushed a peace keeper off Katniss and had the idea to train like a career. He's strategic smart strongly manly kind and Katniss admires him and is totally hot for him. If you idiots can't see they in CANON then you're blind and stupid.
Lana Reagan chapter 21 . 9/28/2016
This fic is flawless. Loved it.

I'm surprised, though, that Katniss continues to blame Gale for Prim's death. She's as much to blame as Gale. If she wasn't actively avoiding Peeta and hadn't given up on him perhaps she would have been in 13 to stop Prim's deployment to the Capitol. Gale took care of Prim by saving her from the bombing of 13. What did Katniss do for Prim throughout the duration of MJ? She was barely present in Prim's life, obsessing over vengeance and getting good guys killed in a fabricated mission. She even murdered an unarmed civilian.

I love Everlark but dislike the unfair blame heaped on blame for Prim's tragic fate. I hoped for a reconciliation between Katniss and Gale but sometimes life plays out like this. It's very realistic and also one of the things I like about the letters. Also loved that you didn't succumb to the pressure from Galeniss fans to have Katniss cheat on Peeta in her reply to Gale.

Loved all of it.
Temujin Khasa chapter 21 . 9/27/2016
I love this fic to bits. It's so realistic. From Gale's struggles to accept his new reality, new residence, to his early grief at losing Katniss' friendship. You were brilliant for this story SomethingGold.

It wasn't that surprising that Katniss hadn't entirely forgiven Gale for his role in Prim's death. I hoped she would but this is Katniss, and she admitted in Canon that she's an unforgiving person.

Apart from the obvious culprit in Prim's death (President Coin) there is another person I blame even more than Gale for Prim's tragic fate. That person is Katniss. Gale filled his quota in looking out for Prim when she was saved from the Capitol's bombing of 13. Where was Katniss when Prim was being sent to a war zone? She was throwing away the lives of a lot of brave soldiers on a fabricated mission just so she could avenge Peeta. Peeta was alive, didn't need avenging; he needed her patience and kindness to walk him through his madness. Instead she was aggressive and spiteful to him. Her treatment of Peeta at the time was like cruelty to animals, but a lot worse. Rather than dealing with Peeta she kept fleeing from him, first to 2 and then the Capitol. For the mission to the Capitol, she was told her role of uniting the districts had been accomplished. She was not needed for the Capitol invasion. Perhaps if she stayed back in 13 and really tried to help out Peeta, she would have been made aware of Prim's deployment and prevented in some way. Instead she was out murdering an innocent civilian and wasting the lives of good men on a whim. Maybe Prim's death was karma for all her misdeeds, cruelty and murder. Maybe. I just don't understand how Gale was supposed to look after his three siblings and Prim. Who then was Katniss responsible to?

Sorry about my rant.

I am glad you didn't have Katniss be unfaithful to Peeta by expressing some romantic longing for Gale or emotional void in her life. That would not be compliant with Canon. Katniss loves Peeta and believes she and Peeta were meant to be.

Great work.
IgNighted chapter 21 . 9/23/2016
Lol, salty Galeniss shippers shedding tears everywhere. Ignore them. This was the letter Katniss would have written. I think you did it accurately.

Katniss was never one to mince her thoughts, she would be blunt with him. It's not something she'll ever get over truly, and Gale is far away from her, her memories of him being that of almost 20 years ago. She's happy in what she has now, but this was her first chance to vent to Gale after so long, it makes sense that anger would come through.

I think you have a very interesting premise and you showed a nice side to those Katniss left behind. Gale was part of her old life, the one she didn't want anymore, but he was still able to make himself happy.
Guest chapter 21 . 9/22/2016
I like this a lot. Katniss made had said she didn't blame Gail for Prim's death but when you read more you see she does in a way. When you lose someone in that way not illness but accident, violence or war you blame someone even of it makes no sense to blame them. I love your writing you are very good. Please don't take what someone said about your story to heart. And if they don't like it, they can write their own. Continue writing can't wait to read more of your stories
grievesforyou chapter 20 . 9/20/2016
Interested in her response! And It's good that Gale has found some happiness in 2.

At the poster below me, ignore it I say. It's just the same three reviewers, and they don't speak for all Gale fans. Peeta is a good person who is good for Katniss, hence why she chose him. But some fans are still bitter and pissed at that, and so they take it out on the character and attack the ship. Just ignore it. We get all the biggest fics, the most fics, and canon on our side. No point in starting a fight with people who don't understand.
Concerned about Peeta haters chapter 20 . 9/20/2016
Honestly, I don't get the Peeta bashing from the Gale stans. Gale seems like a great guy and will surely make some other girl happy, but not Katniss. He just wasn't Katniss' choice and that's that. It was pretty obvious in CF who she preferred. She constantly craved Peeta's touches and was turned on by Peeta's touches. Contrast with her moments with Gale. She regrets kissing Gale after the whipping, and comes out of her make out in the woods of 2 confused - saying "this is not our way". No such confusion with Peeta or regrets. In fact she was quite happy with her kiss on the beach.

I like Gale, had wished he got the girl. But after several readings of the canon material, I deferred to Katniss' wishes. Peeta was the better fit, and frankly he's a great guy too.

I like the idea of the letters. I like a tentative restoration of their friendship. I think it would be good for both of them. But mostly, I hope this story remains canon compliant.
Danain chapter 20 . 9/19/2016
So touching. I am glad gale met a girl, what is her name? How is she? What she does?
I would like that, aside from the hope she gives gale, she is nothing like peeta! I know a lot people loves him but for me he is the worst main character ever! Pathetic !
Bonnibuu chapter 20 . 9/19/2016
This letter makes me happy. Gale is fine and happy!
Hope katniss's letter isnt rude or heartless, she always was like that wih gale imho, only caring about the useless peeta :(
Waiting for next
Guest chapter 19 . 9/17/2016
I wish I could see or feel katnisses reaction to these letters...maybe like writing her own and never sending them
Bonnibuu chapter 18 . 9/15/2016
Please more.
Danain chapter 18 . 9/15/2016
Sadly gale is so right, power may corrupt people badly, he is right to be a littel skeptical.
Waiting for next
Poolbreeze chapter 17 . 9/15/2016
I love these so much! I can't wait to see if Katniss writes back! ;)