Reviews for Lapses and Leaps
Susan M. M chapter 1 . 8/10/2010
Poor Mal. After all he's been through, he doesn't want to have faith anymore. But faith still has him.
The General G of K chapter 1 . 12/13/2008
I really enjoyed this piece. I don't know what your ideas are regarding religion, or if you're a Christian at all, but as one myself, I have to say that I really enjoyed this look at Mal's character and faith in general. As I've watched the series, I've been dwelling on the different characters and how they react to Book. Especially Zoe, who seems to have so much faith in Mal, yet rejects the idea of God. In any case, I liked the perspective used in this piece, and I like that it comes from Mal, of all people. This is definitely going on my favorites.

The General
ferryboat George chapter 1 . 3/11/2008
Very sweet little introspective bit
deaka chapter 1 . 8/11/2007
Very nice. I haven't read much Firefly fic, but I thought this was really well done. Mal's thoughts were in character, as were his interactions with the other members of the crew. You even got the speech patterns down, which I would have thought might be the tricky part.

Great work. :D
Athenae1 chapter 1 . 1/4/2004
Sweet without being saccharine, true to the characters. A joy to read.
nanashinigami chapter 1 . 2/20/2003
I thought that was a great story. I loved the way you began it, with the nightmare. Keep writing
Jenn chapter 1 . 2/11/2003
Just wanted to let you know that I loved this story. The way that 'Faith' stilled ruled the Cap'n life, even when he thought otherwise... would have been a great episode.

Patrick chapter 1 . 2/11/2003
Very good. Very thoughtful about the subject of faith, and it opens Mal up with him doing a 180.

Very good indeed.
Ossian chapter 1 . 2/2/2003
Nice to see the issue of Mal's faith, or lack thereof, handled so gracefully. You managed to keep everyone in-character and their reactions were quite believable. Very cool little glimpse into Mal's troubled mind.
ThatGirlIsabel chapter 1 . 2/2/2003
Wow. I usually avoid faith-centered stories like the plague, but this was shiny. Though Mal needs a smacking for not buying Kaylee the new compression coil and letting her think she was at fault for the flaming catalyzer (at least til he sets it straight). I have faith.

Faith in Joss. Faith in Firefly. Faith in writers like you that get us through withdrawls. And faith in the idea that we can keep old Serenity in the sky.
drewbug chapter 1 . 2/1/2003
very nicely done, with dialogue that runs true to the ear. like mal, i tend to have a knee-jerk reaction to the word "faith," but you made me tilt my head a bit and look at things from a new angle. thank you.
Hebe chapter 1 . 2/1/2003
Nicely written story that I very much enjoyed reading. The interaction of the characters seemed very true to me. Thank you for posting it; I look forward to future stories. :))
Settiai chapter 1 . 2/1/2003
Once again, you've written another amazing story. I could just picture this happening in my mind. *grin* Great job!

Kaythryn chapter 1 . 2/1/2003
This is good! It's nice to see Mal think that he has no faith, but instead find that he just has faith in something diffrent, his crew. Lovin' it.