Reviews for Ah, Screw It!
Chaithanya Potter chapter 26 . 11/21
I just cant help to feel disappointed that hermione is not paired with harry
Haydogofthepack chapter 24 . 11/20
Is January not the peak of summer in Antarctica?
Difdi chapter 30 . 11/19
For a supposed 'expert' on stargates, Harry sure is ignorant about them.

While it's true that you can dial a stargate by just supplying a power source and moving the inner ring, that's not what makes the Air Force dialing system cost billions of dollars.

What makes it cost billions is that first they need to build a nuclear reactor to provide that power source, because anything but a purpose-built nuclear reactor can't provide enough power to make even a single chevron flicker.

Then, once the power is hooked up, you need to dial. So you dial the inner ring and...nothing happens. Because your coordinates are wrong - there is no gate there. The dialing device that goes with the gate contains a computer that corrects for stellar and planetary movement. But the SGC didn't have one of those, so they had to spend a few billion dollars inventing one. And since they didn't have one to copy, they made mistakes.

I'll say it again: for such a smart guy, Harry sure is an idiot.
Difdi chapter 17 . 11/17
Dumbledore should be more cautious about antagonizing Harry - aside from the fact that entering him against his will in a dangerous contest that has a high death rate might constitute acting against him, there's also the fact that the prophecy never names the Dark Lord Harry is supposed to defeat. By his own actions, Dumbledore is acting very much like a Dark Lord - all he needs to perfectly fit the stereotype is to reactivate the Order of the Phoenix and have minions.
London Knight.
Well I enjoyed that - a bit contrived at times but extremely amusing in parts . First Fic ever that I've seen "Desmond's' mentioned in to !
Look forward to reading more of your stuff now . LK out .
MagicInTheStars chapter 37 . 11/9
This was really good and I'm sorry for not reviewing, i just wanted to keep reading lol
MagicInTheStars chapter 22 . 11/9
Straight up pwned
In this chapter when describing the clothes of the people who left the Yule Ball for the Tor, you say it's February instead of December.
I really like that you had O'Neill mention that the reason they had to kill Ra in irder to prevent him from accessing earth via the stargate. So many bashing fics come down on SG1 for needlessly causing a disaster by killing Ra. They really had no choice. Their only choice would have been to never have used the Stargate. That's like saying no one should have ever sailed a ship or left their tribal hunting grounds.
I normally can't stand the do over fics that put Harry in Slytherin because they usually use such dumb reasons that it is never believable. You are one of the few to treat it right. Great start!

"Slytherins have their own private rooms."
greasy snivellus chapter 37 . 10/26
ummmm any sequels? :) i loved the story
You also seem to have a problem with Carter, was it you that had her acting this way before or was that another story? I ask because they are nearly exactly the same for how she comes across.

Yeah... I know you have a mental disorder, a genuine one, but with spending so much time writing can you not improve upon it all? Can't you raise the bar for the age of those reading?

If I was a decade younger this would be fine and probably most enjoyable, now however? It reads very heavy handed to get points across that should be more subtle, and near SoD breaking with how people act at times.

You are how old again? And have been writing for how long? I know you can do far better than this, that you could write something more attuned to older crowds. I just hope some day you do..
And again you have people act like idiots! Why? Omac was suspicious in the series, and had every right to be, but he was never like that. Even more so later on you have Narim say Omac was worried for Earth and our people.

This is... Do you have to take things to the extreme stupidity every single time?
And now you have the Ascended acting Way differently and outright interfering with not only mortal affairs but helping enemies that nearly killed them all.

I think the problem with nearly every one of your stories is that you go off the rails after the first bit. You make enemies dumb, you make that rash, you make it so despite people acting Very Different the entire history until that point is the same.

It wouldn't happen, you changing such things like how the Ancients act as beings of pure energy would mean they would have been different before now. There would have been far more changes, and yet... Things are exactly the same.

You don't do that backstory, the butterflies as it were, very well or at all really.
I think the worst thing you do, constantly, is paint the USA, or organizations, as incompetent morons. They run their mouths, they don't think before acting, they can't follow a plan or follow orders, and it just goes on and on.

These are people that have spent their entire Lives, in most cases decades, getting to where they are by being the best one way or another. They can manipulate people, and the public. They can twist things to suit their needs, yet every single time you have anyone other than Harry be childish fools that throw tantrums.

You know, as a provable fact, that real life doesn't work this way right? Harry being competent doesn't mean everyone else has to be incompetent. I would rather Harry be hyper-competent and everyone else just be as they should be than this.
2,343 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »