Reviews for The Schools Are Joined in Me
ShineX chapter 1 . 8/18/2009
That was pretty cool, lol
Hattori Sei chapter 1 . 7/6/2009
Thi-this is so beautiful *sob* I've read a story where Ranma is his own mother AND father, but never one where Ranma is the Tendo sister's mother. This truly takes the cake. Thank you, for bringing this wonderful story into the light.
L.A. Riverburn chapter 1 . 8/3/2008
this story is simply amazing. it is of course well written, style flows easily, but that matters little compared to the story.

contrary to some people who reviewed, I saw it rather late. I began suspecting something when Ranma told about Nabiki being born, and I continued having suspicions when Akane was born (but strangely I wasn't convinced), but then yea, when she told she had to change genders I realised.

I haven't seen the idea before, and I like how you've done it. cool written, stylish without much ado, a small brilliant piece that doesn't need anything anymore. I'd rather not want a sequel because I feel that would hurt the story. I feel that the story is meant to present a situation, not a reaction. Besides, you'd hurt the time paradox. (in this story Ranma actually never dies, and is trapped in an endless sickle of being mother, dying, arriving, blasted to the past, being a mother... - so which came first? Ranma or the mother? presumably the mother, Ranma arrived, got send into the past, made the buildig explode, killed the real kimino, had the kids, arrived anew, ... well, you'd get into trouble if you were to prolong it).

I don't really understand why people complain about the title. I think it is a beautiful title. the title describes in a beautiful way how Akane has both Ranma's soul, as her mother's soul in her. Ranma's soul is his school, and she is from her mother, so she has already her mother's soul in her, partly her school.

I like to take this piece as a beautiful thought of situatoin that leaves a person thinking. it made me think, and it had an effect, and that's what I hope a story does to me, and yours did (a second time).

Okay, enough of me, I'm going to read your other stories.

Lee,
Rose1948 chapter 1 . 6/17/2007
Wow! Just... Wow!
brindani chapter 1 . 11/22/2006
As soon as their mother had foreknowledge of events to come, I kind of guessed at how this would end. Then again, my mind can be kind of twisted at times. It was a unique way to play with it. Also very original. It is unfortunate that it doesn't work for the Anime as well.

anyway, good work,

brindani
Materia-Blade chapter 1 . 3/25/2006
I didn't review this last time I read it? Hmm. Odd of me. It was such a downright wonderful work!

Anoynomous's review damn pissed me off. No taste for true art as this amazing one shot is. I can't express how much I loved this fic.

You truly impress me. Heh. I wish I did the same to you but I vaguely remember getting rather harsh reviews from you in the past for my own works. Ah well. Past is past right?

Or is it...?
Goku chapter 1 . 9/12/2005
I would like to see a time clone ranma come back into this what ever sent ranma back in time with out his memories also sent a second copy forward a short ammount of time and in this ranma and ranko (how i chose to refer to ranmas girl form in this review) are not geneticly brother and sister or if they are they are completely geneticly unrelated when just tested with each other(theroecticly possable as you get half from both parents why not have ranmas cursed for just be exact oppisite halfs from both parents so they share no blood between each other)
Andrew Joshua Talon chapter 1 . 4/8/2005
WOO! Such an awesome story and idea! You rock!
Aku-dono chapter 1 . 2/20/2005
*falls from his chair*

Ok. I would have expected that out of WFrose. And THAT is... well... take it as you can.

...The only thing I can think of... TWISTED and wierd... but still, nice. Well written, anyway... /

*gets up from floor*

~Akuma-sama, the flummoxed demon lord
dogbertcarroll chapter 1 . 12/18/2004
Nice work. You know this is going to make Akane

even stranger tho'. She spent quite a bit of time

hitting and trying to marry her own mother. I

think this qualifies her to go on the Springer

show!
Pilgrim chapter 1 . 12/17/2004
Do you have a dictionary handy? Ther's a word I'd like you to look up: evocative.

The title - and the last line - were deliberately chosen to be evocative. They were never intended to be taken literally. Most people seem to understand that the phrase "the schools" is synonomous with "the families" in this context. If you've read or watched the original source matierial you might have noticed that Soun and Genma tend to use the two terms interchangably themselves.

I specifically rejected 'the families are joined in me' for a title because it gave away too much. Besides, anyone who thinks "the families are joined in me" would make a better title has a tin ear for language and no poetry in their soul.

This was intended to be a mood piece Larding it up with excessive detail would make it longer - but it wouldn't make it *better*. Any more exposition between the revelation and the punchline would greatly diminish the impact. You are right though - there's nothing to say that Akane wouldn't seek instruction from Genma AFTER she has her revelation. Nothing, except perhaps a lack of imagination on the reader's part.

Pilgrim
Duraiken chapter 1 . 12/12/2004
I'm trying to read through all of this author's stories, mostly for the heck of it, and I find myself in a quandury with this one.

On the one hand, Thermopyle was right about the title and the last few lines, practically the whole purpose of the story - they don't compute. Being the result of the union of the Tendo and Saotome lines does not make Akane the union of the schools of Anything Goes. It does, however, give her the key to doing so, if a sequel is ever written to this, though as this looks to have been another spam-fic, I doubt there'll be one, but here it is anyway. Show the letter and have a blood test done, just make sure he doesn't tell Soun, and then have him train her in the Saotome school, and make sure that Soun finishes Akane's own training. Maybe not the best of solutions, but, :shrugs: there ya go.

Otherwise, the actual content of this story shines pretty well, at least for what I'm assuming is a spamfic. This author needs to seriously consider trying to write some full-fledged stories if he or she is still writing, instead of just one-shots and spamfics. Something tells me that an epic by this author would be very good, if slightly disturbing.
OleScratch chapter 1 . 12/8/2004
I wish I hadn't read the reviews before reading this. As is too often the case, they gave away the ending. It almost makes me wish I could ban all reviews. Almost.

Regardless, this is a well thoughtout story and the twists are believable. The Title shows the true genius of the story. A good title is almost better than a good summary. I sincerely liked this story. Perhaps because we saw a little more of life with the Tendo's prior to Ranma's life. At the very least we get to see some of Mrs. Tendo's perspective.
Launigsiae chapter 1 . 11/25/2004
I read your story a long time ago; I felt like reading it again, and I just HAD to leave a review. I agree with 'Anonymous Critic', it would be awesome to see the way the Tendou sisters react when they see Ranma, and they realize that she is their mother. I hope you consider it, it would be something worth reading. You have lots of imagination, your other stories are just as good, I'm sure it would be very easy for you to create an story like that. But in the end, it's your decision.

Thanks for making this wonderful story, and it has nothing to do with Cloud Dreamer's in my oppinion.
Nightgazer333 chapter 1 . 11/20/2004