Reviews for House of Courage
neffa chapter 27 . 5/12
survivors guilt is not an easy thing to deal with.

i think some of these reviews have been a bit harsh. you wrote about an incredibly difficult topic and i think you did it with tact.
neffa chapter 21 . 5/12
i realized i was scowling while reading about the malfoy encounter. i hate that man.

but also the fact that i was genuinely glaring at my phone made me laugh when i noticed
neffa chapter 13 . 5/11
so! i usually leave a lot more reviews tbh but i’ve had a migraine all day so i haven’t been able to. but i have a lowkey problem with oversharing and screaming about my feelings in the reviews, so expect your inbox to blow up for the next few days.

anyway.

i! hate! spiders! they’re the ONE magical creature in the entire series that i absolutely could never deal with. i hate them. they’re horrible, foul creatures.
that said, i REALLY enjoy how much you’ve incorporated magical creatures. thestrals and hippogriffs are top three. and fluffy! could you imagine meeting a Cerberus puppy?! AMAZING.
I feel the rape part is a large part of the story and it may span the entire story but that’s because of the effect it has on Anna and everyone around her. In the beginning she didn’t understand why she was put in Gryffindor so the situation is a huge blow to her self esteem yet also helps her blossom as a character thus being the climax of this book.

(Those if you saying it’s insensitive are wrong, Rape should be addressed not hidden because you feel it hurts feelings, Rape is a HUGE deal and this should be widely talked about, especially in teens. Rape victims tend to all react differently depending on the situation, Anna’s character struggles with the rape because of her personality, it causes her to push people away and blame herself, most rape victims go through some period of this guilty feeling)
memekoro chapter 29 . 5/2
Chapter 29. What can Isay? the story is beautiful so far, well plotted but please do a research more on how people who got raped reacts. They sometimes hide the fact and will seek help bec it affects them psychologically and not just them personally but the people around them will be affected bec of their behaviors. One person who has been raped can push other people away but at the end they [the people around her] will reach out to the person and that said person will seek help. Don't let anna's character be a guilt victim. Yes she have been raped but there should also be a character growth, like she has a bad experience but in the process of healing she will get stronger. It might take months and years on the healing process, there will be ups and downs. Rape is not just a bad experience, bec women who got raped are also psychologically affected and depression, anxiety comes in.

Also don't rate this story T. There are few chaps that are rated M, which means the whole story generally should be rated M.

Just an opinion of a reader tho. But all in all, you're story and plot is good. kudos!
Robby the Cyber Warrior chapter 23 . 3/20
Well, I feel ready to rip Flint apart with my bare hands, so I think you did a good job inspiring emotion
Robby the Cyber Warrior chapter 13 . 3/20
I don't consider Anna being attacked by an acromantula "uneventful". Also, and this has been bugging me for a bit, I don't think I've ever seen or heard it called the "Dark Forest" before, always the "Forbidden Forest". Why did you decide to use this name?
soapsopas chapter 29 . 3/9
Okay so first off, no "don't like it don't read it" or any kind of that stuff. (I'm just putting it here, just in case)

So I just binged read your story and am off to the sequel, Family of Courage. But I just had to leave my comment about the rape thing. I believe that the writing around that theme is a bit insensitive? Namely because you didn't rate the fanfic properly. Even though you said that its one chapter only, the theme spanned from that point on until the end of this fic (chapter 29), rape is a serious issue and should not be categorized under "T". This story is rated "M". There is no in between.

I also have to comment on that Flint Howler. What's up with that? I mean, what's the point? The Flints are assumed to be slytherins and I think they wouldn't go around announcing to the world that their pureblood son has raped. They'd have a scandal and all that jazz. Death eaters use masks, remember? And on Anna's side, what's there to be gained from the announcement? Is this some sort of device that you're going to use for her character development? Because that's just sick. Again, rape is a serious topic and it's not something where we could just "move on because life goes on" from it.

I still powered through and read on tho 'cause I was hoping for some kind of justice for what Flint did. Oh well, hopefully my problems are addressed on the net fic.
Nicole Beverley234 chapter 23 . 1/10
no that is no ok why did u put that there?
painted heart chapter 29 . 7/26/2017
Have absolutely loved this story! Please please update soon!
Guest chapter 29 . 6/25/2017
Make sure Marcus actually goes to jail
Guest chapter 29 . 5/29/2017
omg i love it cant wait to start reading sequel
elvendork chapter 23 . 4/21/2017
(sorry about that) i would reeeeeaaaallly rather not read about that particular subject. i'm also sure people who have gone through that would have at least liked a little heads up. plus, seeing how this is rated T, some younger kids could have been reading this thinking it was a cute little story, and then BAM! i don't want to sound harsh or mean, but i mean what i said. thank you for reading this comment.
elvendork chapter 23 . 4/21/2017
nope. that is most definitely NOT okay. i was enjoying this story, really, but what happened isn't exactly the same as getting 'knocked down'. it's more like being violently pushed down the stairs with a cannon ball. i understand you wanted her to get knocked down and find her courage, but what happened does not fit in the story at all. what that guy did to her is waaaay too much for what she did to him. he's all about pureblood supremacy, too, so it would've been an insult to both his family. it's just... unrealistic, and completely out of the blue. in my honest opinion, it ruined the story. it definitely should have been rated M. and you could've done with a MUCH better warning. i, for one, would reeeeeeaaaaaaallllll
elvendork chapter 22 . 4/21/2017
i love this story, and i love anna, but i'm a bit worried about her relationships with the younger students...i'm not saying she should suddenly become their best friend, but i was kind of hoping she would act on her suspicions a bit more...please don't take this as hate, because i adore your writing! i'm just stating my opionion, is all...