Reviews for Hobbit Gentlemen of Independent Means
Ruinwen chapter 1 . 2/1/2004
Its really good
please please update soon
Tar Irene chapter 1 . 3/23/2003
rock on! this is a halarious story. really really nicely written, too. your view of merry is so refreshing and light, with a little sillyness... it was a great read. are you planning on writing any more?
Natta chapter 1 . 2/21/2003
I love Frodo and Merry when they are young-stories! Please continue!
Aurora West chapter 1 . 2/9/2003
I have read every single one of your Merry and Pippin stories, and I've never reviewed any of them. I thought I had, but...I haven't. And I feel terrible about that because I love them all! The one about Pippin as a baby...is it called "Baby's First Trip" or have I imagined that? That made me laugh so hard. Except this isn't a review for that story! So, Hobbit Gentlemen of Independent Means. Quite good so far, and funny. You characterize the young hobbits so well. I love the fact that Merry panics about people knowing who he is and that he's out by himself. Kind of makes me wish that that's all he ever had to worry about.

Anyway, keep up the great work! :)
Forget Yesterday chapter 1 . 2/1/2003
I like this. It just... flows right. Good wording, sentence structure, things like that...

Also excellent characterization of Merry.

This is cute!
Pansy Chubb chapter 1 . 2/1/2003
Very nice. A very amusing story of Merry trying to act grown. I like that he was able to correct his error and find his way.
Amaia chapter 1 . 2/1/2003
Great story, I would love to know how the hobbits enjoy being 'happy and young', and how long their gentlemanly facade will last! Write more please!
shirebound chapter 1 . 2/1/2003
What an insightful look into the upper-class of the Shire. Merry is still awfully young, though. Should be an interesting visit!