Reviews for Lost Causes and Broken Dreams
Jinouga chapter 8 . 7/6
What time it is? It...Science Time! Science Time! Science Time! And... Science Time! Yay!
Cimar of Turalis WildeHopps chapter 15 . 6/24
Finally made it through the chapter as there was a lot of science to digest here and also let's just say that is quite the ominous cliffhanger there. I can only imagine what type of situations they are about to face and how many mammals they'll be getting.

Though a question as well, though it can be answered on Discord, with how it a
pears rodent's build into the sub flooring and walls of buildings in Zootopia outside of Little Rodentia, what would you imagine a building collapse could be like for rodents? I hope they are up for a massive influx of small mammals needing surgery, if they survived a collapse itself. At least you could still use one gurney for multiple patients.

An amazing chapter and you did an awesome job at building the scenes here. Great job!
greeneyesandskinnylegs chapter 6 . 6/12
Finally! after 84 years I can continue to read this story, I don't remember which chapters were the last I review, so Ill just start from this one.
First of all, it was really neat to know about that "open house" kind of thing. Learning more about the genetics and the processes that go into it.
What I truly like about last chapter and this one is the unexpected change of POV, cant wait to know more about these new characters, let's hope for the best.
Another moment that I enjoyed was the little reunion Dave made when he saw the cub, a heartwarming moment without a doubt.

Another thing that I like about your story, it's not the story itself, but also your A/Ns. For example, all the analysis about the genome on this chapter, and how the way of thinking shown in the movie would impact on that got me thinking.
I appreciate you explain the things talked about in the chapters, like, for real, I leave this story knowing more than when I got here.
Feels good to be back on this rollercoaster of a story and for once I cannot wait to see what you'll do to my emotions lol.
J Shute Norway chapter 15 . 6/1
If there's no rest for the wicked, there's even less for the good.

An interesting distraction and, forever the odds set against them in their main goal, it's great to see the staff get some moral boosts here.

Still, though, battle stations once more.

Looking forwards to the next chapter, and getting back with the Rey's.
Thank you for continuing with this story, I was happy to see the notification! At least you are considerate enough to follow a long anticipatory wait for your readers with a long well-crafted chapter as a reward. I'm thankful that the title for this one was more traumatic than the actual content! I know life isn't fair, and Dave's still in a difficult place, but breaks from the darker parts of it are appreciated when they happen. (Even though you left us with a bit of a cliffhanger)

I wasn't fishing for spoilers about the Rey's, I just find their situation fascinating. I also appreciate your words of encouragement (and those of several others) and am now struggling to keep to an update schedule of my own here! (I have a couple of brief questions, will PM)
Thou Craggy Knob chapter 15 . 6/1
Always entertaining, always fascinating: what more can one ask for? I can only applaud your dedication to this story, and thank you for wanting to see it through to the end. I'm very grateful to you, and look forward to the eventual conclusion (in your own time, of course).

I'm a massive fan of Steve's work; he's always struck all the right chords for me!
Berserker88 chapter 15 . 6/1
Geez, with that title, I was expecting the absolute worst outcomes everywhere, but this chapter wasn't TOO heartrending, at least not by your standards. In fact, despite the touching scene over the phone with Carol, this chapter actually seemed a little more optimistic than usual. I especially loved Doug's speech to the staff about how much they HAVE accomplished over the years, despite the many failures. Hopefully, there are more successes this time around with so many new patients coming in.

Anyway, it's good to have you back. Glad the drama wasn't able to keep a great author like you down. :)
CreativeSpirit0163 chapter 1 . 4/7
I received a response email that was truncated but it will not let me go to the link because it thinks I need to log in though I have the app and thus I am logged in. what I could read tells me you still are looking at evolution in a purely biological point of view. For all mammals to become sentient creatures then you need to consider that these creatures are not the same species as the basic mammals we would understand them to be. From what I understand you are not concerned with the possibility of intelligent design which would be even more significant in a society that would require predictors and prey to coexist as sentient beings through thousands of years of cultural and social evolution. The biology at a DNA level would most likely have shifted enough (by what or who's means would be beyond science simple explanation) to allow even pred/prey hybrids in such a society.
CreativeSpirit0163 chapter 14 . 4/6
This is my favorite FanFic so far just because of your detail for the factual mixed into your fiction. Then the characters emotional connections are absolutely great. my only complaint is your science is to human. What I mean by that is the story of Zootopia already is comic book science like iron man, the guy or spider man, gamma rays changing DNA, radioactive spiders turning Peter Parker into a building crawler. No...there are no super hero's but we have impossible evelutionairy traits and you are drilling down on the difference of chromosome. Think about it. The amount of evolution it would take to make any of these tamales into bipedal creatures. Greater still the changes in hooves and paws to be able to grasp tools is so huge. The changes in vocal cords and facial and mouth muscles to be able to talk... these mammals are no longer a red foxvulpes vulpes] by our standard of DNA but something completely different. So you need to take cultural and social evolution into consideration. The process that would make all mammals "evolved" as bigs says in the movie would also make their DNA much more in common than the mammals we know. as nature would need to adapt. otherwise the predators would be wiped out by the share population of breeding rabbits with no natural population control.
KittyKate22 chapter 14 . 4/5
This is amazing story So touching, emotional and so real. I love relation Carol and Dave a true, so beautiful love. I very want to now what will happen next? The baby Rey will be survives? I waiting for this
One more question.. Is it possible to hybrid between caracal and lynx? I writing ff with that copule, they have children in my story but I wondering that is possible in real word?
Winter.Soul.95 chapter 14 . 12/21/2017
I enjoyed this a lot more than I thought I would, when I started it I was unsure if I’d continue it, but it hooked me straight away, I personally love how detailed and scientific it is, and find myself enjoying it the clinical and lab pieces a lot, even tho it’s really sad a lot of the times, but it’s very realistic which appeals to me very much. I also really enjoy the scientific explanations at the end and throughout, as I found a lot of it to be quite accurate, I actually enjoy the topics of genetics a lot and am currently in my first years of vet med in uni, so I was pleasantly surprised with just how enjoyable and educative this story actually turned out being, and quite a few bits did make me tear up, it’s always nice when a story drags emotions out of you
I’d like the thank the author for this story! It’s one of the best stories I’ve read so far .
VonSpiker chapter 2 . 12/20/2017
Fuck science with pichtforks and torches... EPIC!
You know, even as everyone KNOWS that hybrids are rare, there's nothing that makes then impossible... Every writer i readed as long say it's improbable, but, fuck common knowledge, Zootopia could be more stable at evolutionary level than our world and nobody would know (let me dream, could exist out of our reached space...) so, for fiction's sake, i'll buy it! _
Cimar of Turalis WildeHopps chapter 14 . 12/15/2017
So yeah...this took me a while to get through this, but holy cow was it an amazing chapter. All kinds of emotions jammed packed into this one chapter and each scene really felt like it built off the previous one. They flowed together really well and that made this chapter all the more enjoyable! Well done!
RandomShtScinceWhenever chapter 14 . 11/29/2017
Great story so far, I love how much you can feel how the characters care. I also have a question not exactly related to the story. Do you think the skeletons of some species changed to adjust to the upright posture? For example the cheetahs in our world have deep chests and narrow waists. The image of them standing upright would be rather odd. Do you think deep-chested species had their chest shrink somewhat to make for better balance? Or would they be more similar to their real-world counterparts?
Berserker88 chapter 14 . 11/24/2017
Ah, the full force of depression returns, now with even more depth into how tragic this all is. But it was balanced well with some warm tenderness and comedy about how not-fucked Dave and Carol will be should they ever have kits. I am VERY glad you didn't end it here though or I might have to kill you. XD