Reviews for Lost Causes and Broken Dreams
CreativeSpirit0163 chapter 1 . 4/7
I received a response email that was truncated but it will not let me go to the link because it thinks I need to log in though I have the app and thus I am logged in. what I could read tells me you still are looking at evolution in a purely biological point of view. For all mammals to become sentient creatures then you need to consider that these creatures are not the same species as the basic mammals we would understand them to be. From what I understand you are not concerned with the possibility of intelligent design which would be even more significant in a society that would require predictors and prey to coexist as sentient beings through thousands of years of cultural and social evolution. The biology at a DNA level would most likely have shifted enough (by what or who's means would be beyond science simple explanation) to allow even pred/prey hybrids in such a society.
CreativeSpirit0163 chapter 14 . 4/6
This is my favorite FanFic so far just because of your detail for the factual mixed into your fiction. Then the characters emotional connections are absolutely great. my only complaint is your science is to human. What I mean by that is the story of Zootopia already is comic book science like iron man, the guy or spider man, gamma rays changing DNA, radioactive spiders turning Peter Parker into a building crawler. No...there are no super hero's but we have impossible evelutionairy traits and you are drilling down on the difference of chromosome. Think about it. The amount of evolution it would take to make any of these tamales into bipedal creatures. Greater still the changes in hooves and paws to be able to grasp tools is so huge. The changes in vocal cords and facial and mouth muscles to be able to talk... these mammals are no longer a red foxvulpes vulpes] by our standard of DNA but something completely different. So you need to take cultural and social evolution into consideration. The process that would make all mammals "evolved" as bigs says in the movie would also make their DNA much more in common than the mammals we know. as nature would need to adapt. otherwise the predators would be wiped out by the share population of breeding rabbits with no natural population control.
KittyKate22 chapter 14 . 4/5
This is amazing story So touching, emotional and so real. I love relation Carol and Dave a true, so beautiful love. I very want to now what will happen next? The baby Rey will be survives? I waiting for this
One more question.. Is it possible to hybrid between caracal and lynx? I writing ff with that copule, they have children in my story but I wondering that is possible in real word?
Winter.Soul.95 chapter 14 . 12/21/2017
I enjoyed this a lot more than I thought I would, when I started it I was unsure if I’d continue it, but it hooked me straight away, I personally love how detailed and scientific it is, and find myself enjoying it the clinical and lab pieces a lot, even tho it’s really sad a lot of the times, but it’s very realistic which appeals to me very much. I also really enjoy the scientific explanations at the end and throughout, as I found a lot of it to be quite accurate, I actually enjoy the topics of genetics a lot and am currently in my first years of vet med in uni, so I was pleasantly surprised with just how enjoyable and educative this story actually turned out being, and quite a few bits did make me tear up, it’s always nice when a story drags emotions out of you
I’d like the thank the author for this story! It’s one of the best stories I’ve read so far .
VonSpiker chapter 2 . 12/20/2017
Fuck science with pichtforks and torches... EPIC!
You know, even as everyone KNOWS that hybrids are rare, there's nothing that makes then impossible... Every writer i readed as long say it's improbable, but, fuck common knowledge, Zootopia could be more stable at evolutionary level than our world and nobody would know (let me dream, could exist out of our reached space...) so, for fiction's sake, i'll buy it! _
Cimar of Turalis WildeHopps chapter 14 . 12/15/2017
So yeah...this took me a while to get through this, but holy cow was it an amazing chapter. All kinds of emotions jammed packed into this one chapter and each scene really felt like it built off the previous one. They flowed together really well and that made this chapter all the more enjoyable! Well done!
RandomShtScinceWhenever chapter 14 . 11/29/2017
Great story so far, I love how much you can feel how the characters care. I also have a question not exactly related to the story. Do you think the skeletons of some species changed to adjust to the upright posture? For example the cheetahs in our world have deep chests and narrow waists. The image of them standing upright would be rather odd. Do you think deep-chested species had their chest shrink somewhat to make for better balance? Or would they be more similar to their real-world counterparts?
Berserker88 chapter 14 . 11/24/2017
Ah, the full force of depression returns, now with even more depth into how tragic this all is. But it was balanced well with some warm tenderness and comedy about how not-fucked Dave and Carol will be should they ever have kits. I am VERY glad you didn't end it here though or I might have to kill you. XD
jamdea chapter 14 . 11/24/2017
It is good to see you writing again. So, I am going to take a guess and say that in spite of all your scientific anti-happiness somehow you decided someplace in yourself to let the story take a positive turn, at least so far for the Reys. Still your use of science here is amazing. You make it a tool to convey so much humanity on the part of your OC's. The scene where the box is delivered to the family was really good. There are times I wished I felt that free to grieve with people, but the culture here is very different at that level. I am not sure why or where that really starts thinking about it. Is grief more private here? In any case I am grateful that I don't work with kids. It was a deliberate decision for those reasons. It is also why I don't do chemo or some other stuff. How I ended up in critical care I am uncertain. Sorry about your cat. Sorry for your loss. Update us soon please.
Brainarius chapter 1 . 11/23/2017
Wow, nice. I was just thinking, what about the mammals that were made extinct by humans? Like the thylacine, the auroch, and the various lions, tigers and rhinos. All of them should still be around in Zootopia. Just a suggestion.
Tinbuzzard11 chapter 14 . 11/23/2017
Yea, new chapter! The careful background development put into this story is what makes it so good. As much as I enjoy the explanatory notes, it also come through in the characters and story.
Those notes have given this reader ideas for his own attempt at a Zootopia story...then I look at the quality of the writing and pacing of this one (and a few others here) and think, no, not ready to embarrass myself.
Carol & Dave continue to give Nick & Judy a run for their money in the relationship department at the beginning of this chapter, and then you make the installation of a genome sequencer (and other exposition) fit seamlessly into the flow of the story.
I'm curious to find out why Tommy's genome is so stable and how it gets expressed in a viable way. The research mystery is almost a character itself!
Finally, I'm glad your ending (although a good one) isn't. As usual; I await more.
greeneyesandskinnylegs chapter 3 . 11/15/2017
Hi! so a few days ago i discovered your story thanks to thewinterbunnys commision and i got to say that this is AWESOME! an original idea very well executed, even its kind of addictive to me, since im in medical school, seeing all of the medical terms and pathologies applied to the universe of Zootopia its pretty entertaning. I read the first 3 chapters before i could put this down. And in those 3 chapters you made me feel a wide range of emotions. A more realistic point of view on interspecies pregnancies... i can enjoy that, hope in the upcoming chapter i wont need a tissue cause of all the tears lol. I cant wait to see what else you have in store for us. The good thing its this story is 150K so there is a lot of reading left to do ¡Keep up the marvelous work!
Jknight97 chapter 13 . 10/1/2017
Finally got around to finish reading the story. I’ve been putting off reading it till I could get my chapters written but I’m stuck at present. More like the desire to write has left. I’m currently burdened by a deeply personal situation which is not helping my mental well-being but I’ve had to come to accept as inevitable. Once it’s been resolved, I hope to be able to get back to the second part of my ZLS series soon. Great story and I can’t wait to see the cards that you’re holding close to your chest re Wolf-Fox hybrid and how Tommy came to be. Just one question which is more for my story: what would be the time difference between when Dave goes to the bar and hears about Nick and Judy becoming a couple and when he meets them in the salle with the AMCQC instructors?
Cimar of Turalis WildeHopps chapter 13 . 9/29/2017
Just realized I had forgotten to review this chapter so I am rectifying that now. Lots of great and powerful scenes in this chapter. You did an excellent job with choreographing the fight sequences and making them flow rather easily, keeping always in mind the height of the animals involved. It was very nice to see that as many fight sequences are disjointed in many stories due to folks forgetting that a fox and rabbit aren't the same size.

The different styles you had each mammal use was very nice to see. Judy with her momentum, Nick with his wiles, and the good ole doc with experience. I'm still thinking Judy will get her revenge on that low blow on Nick and could probably get it too. XD I hope Nick was wearing a cup or Gunny apologized for that after as that is a hit no man should give another man, even if it was to teach him a lesson to help him and his partner. XD I doubt we'll see another lesson of this, though I'm sure that Judy would like to be paired up with Gunny after that. XD

The scene at the bar was rather well thought out, with the questions and banter realistic. That whole incident with Carol and Miles adds another dimension to this which will be interesting to see play out. Lots of new plot lines here that could be developed and hopefully if another sparring chapter is including, Judy and Nick have learned and do a bit better. XD Dave's blindfolded scene was just awesome!
Missy2.0 Frozen forever chapter 13 . 9/29/2017
Thank you. This fanfiction shows a side of the world that people would rather ignore. I find your attention to emotional and scientific reality absolutely beautiful, and I just really, really love what you're doing here.