Reviews for By the Numbers
mamadillo chapter 11 . 2/16/2018
Intriguing observations. Interesting challenge.
jclementine chapter 11 . 1/12/2018
Thank you for another wonderful story!
Dancer chapter 11 . 1/12/2018
Back home where he belongs, many thanks for sharing
Guest chapter 11 . 1/11/2018
This is really great!
yourjodeanfaceblog chapter 11 . 1/11/2018
Ohhhh I love this. More please!
savedher chapter 10 . 8/29/2017
Obviously, I love the Jean & Lucien stories, but you're making me rethink or at least appreciate some of the more minor characters. Nice work!
Dancer chapter 10 . 7/22/2017
Great stories
Crinklybrownleaves chapter 10 . 7/22/2017
If only he knew! I'm so glad you found inspiration to get this series going again, and this is really interesting, and well written.
NancyMay chapter 10 . 7/22/2017
Gosh, I'd almost forgotten about Jan, thanks for reminding me of him. I do remember the episode though. I nice little bit of the story that could have been fitted into the show, and would have rounded everything off nicely. Nice to see an update to this stream.
Mountainana chapter 1 . 4/12/2017
I live in the US and am relatively new to Dr. Blake Mysteries. I just discovered that the first 3 seasons are on Netflix, so I'm starting from the beginning. It"s hard not to binge watch and I 'm trying to watch only one or two a day. All this is to say that I'm reading your stories, one at a time, after I finish watching the corresponing episode. It has been such fun! But what will I do after episode 7?
NancyMay chapter 9 . 2/27/2017
Ooh, lovely, two chapters at once! Love the Elegy. I can see this being Blake's inner turmoil and sometimes his tentative hold on sanity comes through. This chapter is lovely, I love the back story for Matthew, I've always felt he's a bit of a lonely soul, which is why I took inspiration from some suggestions on 'facecloth' as it's known in our house, about Jean possibly matchmaking with him and Alice. I'd like him to be a bit happier. Fab work, look forward to more, very much so.
HikerLady chapter 9 . 2/26/2017
Wow. I thought I was reading an actual history lesson (this was much more enjoyable of course). You must have spent a lot of time researching.
HikerLady chapter 8 . 2/26/2017
I was so happy to see you had added another chapter! This was lovely. Oriel was one of my favorite guest characters on the entire show. I think it is because we had a foster kitten with the same wild eyes, and because I could see the sweetness of the kitten in Oriel.

I love the way you write. On to the next one. :o)
miss.ouiser chapter 7 . 10/18/2016
Wonderful. I'm really enjoying these - please continue!
NancyMay chapter 7 . 10/11/2016
I love this story, I loved the episode too. I have been involved with a local drama group, although not for some years, politics forced me out, but one thing I smiled at in the original was the inappropriate casting of Susan Tyneman as 'Gwendoline' I think the character is. Jean, while of around the same age, though maybe a little younger could have got away with it, but Susan has a more mature physique and I would never have believed it. So well done for this. Or should I say 'bravo!'