Reviews for A Life of Limbo
Guest chapter 1 . 10/18/2014
Amazing
jessytemple chapter 1 . 9/6/2010
omg! loved it! fantastic fic! )

it's sooo Donnie... xD

want more! hope you have more.. :P
autumnfall3 chapter 1 . 9/6/2009
This fanfiction for donnie darko is absolutely perfect. i wish they had done the sequel like this instead of s. darko. you have wonderful writing and you get right into your characters mind its amazing! i love this. thank you for writing it! MASTERPIECE!
GuesssWho chapter 1 . 6/7/2007
. . . weird, man.

Just like the movie was . . .
Isabelle Adamowitz chapter 1 . 1/24/2006
This was cool. It's one of the few continuations of a movie I've ever read that actually seem to fit in with the rest.
blackfphoenix chapter 1 . 10/23/2005
I really liked this story. You're a great writer.
Nuwanda-is-all chapter 1 . 9/9/2005
very good!i really like your writing style!
President Dead chapter 1 . 6/24/2005
Ms. President, would like to compliment Mr/Miss "Aubigne Spratling" on their highly intruiging story. She would like to request that Aubigne Spratling, would please write a novel length (40, 0 words at least) story on this concept. Implying that at the end of the movie, Donnie goes into an alternate universe, perhaps a crossover with another movie or book...

Her final request, would be that the author in question, would please e-mail her with their answer.

Thankyou, and if I don't here from you, have a wonderful life...
kristinekat13 chapter 1 . 6/21/2005
At first I was a bit confused in this story. but as it went on i understood it more and more. I really liked it!Great Job*Kk
Jade chapter 1 . 4/4/2005
I fell in love with Donnie Darko the first time I saw it. The movie changed my life. I think it is tragic that there aren't many Donnie Darko fanfictions out there, but there's not much I can do about that. Your's was exceptionally good. I think it would be great if you could continue this story, I think it has potential.
such a rockstar chapter 1 . 11/7/2004
I really, really like this. You portrayed Donnie well - it does him justice.
Seven Positions chapter 1 . 10/6/2004
::claps:: Nicely done! It was a bit confusing, but then again, Donnie Darko is always confusing.
aliasverve chapter 1 . 8/11/2004
Very intriguing- I agree with the multitudes that Donnie Darko has a spectacular ending with no sequel necessary. That said, this strikes me as more of a companion piece than anything else. So what if Donnie dies? Isn't the whole film about the what-ifs, the alternate route, how things might have gone? I like this new idea, that possibly it isn't quite over, that death is only the beginning. After all, Donnie himself says that 'there will be so much to look forward to.' Which is more than a little open-ended, I'd say.

This fits so excellently with the film that it's hard to think of it as fanfiction- layered and introspective, with a surprisingly thoughtful plot for such a short piece. And it's easy to tell you're an experienced writer. The dialogue is nicely balanced with the narration, and you don't clutter up the story with extraneous details: just enough to set the scene. Which is a *really* nice change from the purple prose I'm used to. :D I might just have to take a look into your original work.

The only qualm I had was that in some spots it was difficult to decipher just what exactly you meant, mainly in the paragraph beginning with, "Maybe they had some kind of quantum chain of events which linked their individual paths of intent that allowed sychronicitous events to link them, regardless of the outcome." I'm sure I could muddle through it eventually, and perhaps I was just stuck in Gretchen's shoes for a moment- apparently, not all of us are suited for the finer details of time travel. All the same, it made for a complexity that matched the movie and definitely left me wondering. Which isn't a bad thing. ;)

Also, to certain 'reviewers': If you're going to give a negative review for a story, try to think up something more original than "Your so dumb Donnie dies at the end no duh stay away from DD you suk and it doesnt need a sequal!" First of all, if you believe that Donnie Darko is perfect as is, then there's really no reason for you to be reading fanfic about it, yeah?

Believe it or not, there are legitimate reasons for disliking a story, and you can say what you don't like without bashing the author, name-calling and generally acting like you were raised in the barn and never brought up. It's entirely up to you, but if you want an author to take your criticism seriously, try not to make a complete ass of yourself. Don't hide behind an 'anon' tag, either. That just says that you're too ashamed of what you're writing to let people know who you really are. And a spell-check wouldn't hurt. :D
LegacyReborn chapter 1 . 7/15/2004
Wow, I really enjoyed this since, well, Donnie Darko ranks in the top5 of my favorite movies, and, well your version was pretty good )
AlKaLiNeTriO7 chapter 1 . 7/13/2004
I really like this story...Donnie Darko is one of my favorite movies...I love your choice of words and the way it was written. You should really write more. (I usually use ...but theyre shutting it down and I had to find an alternate site to use.) So keep up the good work.
53 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »