Reviews for The Mountain's Range
Loftybreeze chapter 1 . 4/12
Greg and Vincent huh? i spy a harry potter fan.
Darklight404 chapter 7 . 4/3
:'(
This is probably the weakest part of the story. he should not have told anyone especially this amount of people and specifically some people in this meeting. And the people in this meeting just took his word so easily. for a guy who was supposed to be in the CIA. He did the most stupid thing in the intelligence community. This chapter is such a mental eyesore. I’m probably don’t take a break from reading the rest of the story for a little while.
Night-Shadow-98 chapter 1 . 3/24
I haven't read a single word of this fic yet, but I just have to extol the virtues of that title name. Brilliant word play, good sir. Absolutely, brilliant.
Goblin240762 chapter 15 . 3/21
I'm Surprised she's not dead from that. 10 inches? Jesus. She's the very definition of a size queen bruh...
This whole damn thing so far has been nothing but a good example of how not to follow tje rule of show not tell.
Houseoftards chapter 6 . 3/4
So its smart to go with the mad kings child? Even with the Littlefinger incident, this was ON PAR
Raedarius chapter 74 . 2/27
On the matter of the "real world", time and time again i see a fic where the mc come from the real world get transported to a world of fiction often where magic exist. The protagonist then often comes fo a decision that he has to tell his loved ones the "truth". Buy in their persuit of transparency they forget one very important fact: their "truth" may very well be WRONG. They may be mistaken. Lets consider the following what is the definition of fictional? The internet tells me fictional means invented as opposed to reality, yet living in said fictional world proves it as reality therefore it stopped being fictional (for the purpose of this faanfic).
The question should then be asked: when did it stop being fiction? Or when did this reality get created? Did the author of that fiction in this case G. Martin gave it life?
I believe its the other way around.
The world of ice and fire existed as reality before.
Authors may posses some quality that lets them see into the other realities maybe its what the 3 eyed raven possess on another scale, maybe we simply access our alternate selves when we dream.
Maybe the information or essence of that reality gets thrown out by big enough explosions like supernovas black holes or even some kind of wormhole.

My point is this: you dont have to shatter your characters worldview by telling them they are a character of some book or tv show. Personally i hate that every single time.
Zaytunger chapter 22 . 2/8
you just fucked everyone with gunpowder. this novel was okey till gunpowder. fuck you motherfucker.
Zaytunger chapter 9 . 2/8
fucking shortening names and shaming the original name by using pet names.
Skaeger chapter 34 . 12/22/2023
"that is a direwolf. It is super dangerous. We should probably kill her to avoid her giving birth to more direwolves. But if you, my precious children, can walk up to her and lead her back to the castle without getting maimed, mauled, dismembered, or eaten, we can keep her. Go on now, I'll sit back here while my young children approach her and just start petting her."
Skaeger chapter 32 . 12/21/2023
Prior chapter: "More than half of the Free Folk still resided on the other side of the Wall, but at the rate they were being incorporated into the Seven Kingdoms, most – if not all – of them would be on the right side by the time the next winter began."

Implies it is relatively close to half. In this chapter it says only 10k have made it through.

Also, CIA would have nothing to do with drug cartels or the Mafia unless it was to help them to destabilize a foreign nation. That would be FBI/DEA territory.
Skaeger chapter 30 . 12/21/2023
It is way too easy, there is practically no resistance here. No doubt. Not a single person thought he might be lying. Even Ned who knows how easily he can lie if he thinks it will benefit him doesn't even consider that he may have another motive.

Greg magically convincing everyone in a single conversation every time is probably the weakest part of the story. I still wanna know where its gonna go, but there should be a challenge in there somewhere.
Skaeger chapter 25 . 12/19/2023
Walls could not be brought down in twenty minutes. A palisade would take more than that, not to mention if they were transporting siege engines, even disassembled, they would be moving slow, and then require assembly.

Absolutely no one would have wasted money building castles and walls if they only held for 20 minutes. This bit is on par with the US invading Iraq saying they would be in and out in a week. You would need modern artillery to breach a castle that quick.

I like the story line, and will keep reading, but there are far too many details with absolutely no thought behind them.
Skaeger chapter 24 . 12/18/2023
Calling Oberyn's daughters princess is odd. He isn't the sitting Prince of Dorne, and while having the title of both heir and regent be Prince/princess muddles things a bit, at some point the title has to stop being passed on to those not in the main line. Otherwise there would be dozens or even hundreds of princes/princesses wandering around Dorne after a few hundred years of passing it along since the Targaryen invasion.
2,296 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »