Reviews for The Red Knight
erandasenaratne chapter 1 . 5/21
I hope you'd update soon man. This is like the only story i look forward to. You have a great concept going on here and you're executing it perfectly. But take your time. No need to rush and destroy it. Just hope you won't get bored and abandon it.
LINOXEHI chapter 41 . 5/19
Good shit, this is my shit.
Good time travel usage, complex plots, using the three person time travel for a twist. Enough mysteries to keep everyone interested.
Finally a fic without Harry being the main. Good characterization, very round characters. Though a little too mature I think. First years shouldn't act like Ron does, he didn't act much like he should. While he is a time traveler, people didn't really react to his out of place personality. The greengrasses especially; they noticed that he acted older than he appeared, however I would expect more reaction to that then what was shown, especially if he was a Weasley in slytherin.
Other than that, keep up the good work
HungrySnack chapter 41 . 5/16
I just found this story and I am amazed at it. Keep it up!
HappyTerrier chapter 1 . 5/15
Hey! I just want to say I miss your constant updates of this story, but I understand that writing takes time. Good luck with everything. Thanks so much for writing a great story so far, it really brightened up my year.
Stormshadow13 chapter 41 . 5/15
I like the way that you are writing Ron. I usually don't like his character and am a big fan of betrayer Ron fics. But this story is so well done that I really am enjoying it.

Looking forwards to seeing what is happening next.

Love the three time travelers idea with one being from a different world. I also like the Slytherin Ron and that the fic is from his point of view. That is not done normally and is refreshing.
Please don't abandon this story there isn't much great Ron fanfiction
Is this story abandoned
EmeraldGlee chapter 41 . 5/8
I have been binge reading this since this morning and my goodness. This was an amazing story. It's really well written and kept me on my toes. There is so much new content that gripped me. And the best part? Ron as a protagonist. He may not exactly be in character but I can totally imagine this as an older Ron. It's beautiful. I absolutely love his banters with the people around him. I love this story. Thank you for writing it. Ron is unjustly unloved in the fandom. This was refreshing.
deitarionSSokolow chapter 41 . 5/7
An excellent story so far.

It's hard for me to give specific examples, since it's more a consistently high level of quality and creativity that makes it good, but I enjoy your characterizations and it's very satisfying to see someone other than Harry being the centre of attention for a change and to not have the canon events dominating things.

That said, it does irk me every time I see evidence that you're working from the cut down, cheapened version of the HP canon presented by the movies. (I'm worried about what will happen when you get to fourth year, given how the fourth movie had to cut down the book so much that I found it extremely choppy, jumpy, and incoherent, even when I KNEW the original narrative I was seeing bits and pieces of.)

Two examples of differences you tripped over (as in, if you hadn't mentioned them, it could have been following either version of events) which stuck in my mind the first time I watched the movie were:

1. When Harry opens his first chocolate frog in HP book 1, page 77, he asks "They're not really frogs, are they?" and the only thing that happens is Ron telling him to check the card. Nothing before or after that point event hints that the chocolate is animated. (And, given that they try the Every Flavour Beans next, there's a good point of comparison for how Harry and Ron interact when there *is* a caveat to the candy which Harry clearly doesn't know about yet.)

The animation charm was added in the movie as a way to be flashy and then leaked into other media which followed, such as the game adaptations.

2. You explicitly describe the great hall ceiling as not being fully clear... again, that was an embellishment added in the movie which I remember getting annoyed by when I first saw it because I felt it was a cheapening of what I envisioned based on the book.

The phrasing in HP book 1, page 87 runs counter to that "not fully clear" interpretation when it says "It was hard to believe there was a ceiling there at all, and that the great hall didn't simply open on to the heavens." just after Hermione explains what she read about it.

(In other words, it's apparently 100% clear in "candlelight below, nigh-time above" conditions and without any gradual fade-out to the transition from walls to ceiling which would serve as a clue that it's an enchantment. The book says nothing about how the owls "arrive" in the Great Hall, in case you were wondering.)

As for more objective examples of how the movies chopped down or otherwise butchered canon, here are just two examples of how the first movie cut things down and the later movies continued the pattern:

1. Hermione's "smartest witch in her year" creds were severely curtailed in the movies. In the book, she has a bit of a "signature spell"... she has a knack for conjuring bluebell flames which require no fuel and can be carried around in a jar. It's that spell she uses to distract Snape during the Quidditch match (summoning them back into the jar so Snape has no idea why he was feeling pain) and to drive off the Devil's Snare (after a moment when she panics slightly and Ron has to remind her that that, as a witch, she doesn't need fuel for a fire). The movie also entirely cut Snape's logic puzzle, with the comment that it's brilliant because most wizards don't have an ounce of logic.

2. Peeves was omitted completely.
Please don't give up on this story there's still so many questions to be answered and I love this fanfic.
traveller chapter 41 . 5/4
Please, dont make him blurt out that hes time traveller for another dimension. Telling it is overused and incredibly stupid on so many levels.
Being toppest of unspeakable/auror/infiltrators ron could expand hes winning startegy "insane people that try to kill me gets my wand hard" and launch charm offensive to cater delacours/malfoy/dobby/voldemort/ axis, think about the harem consisting death eaters.

You know, it would be okay if he put down hermione and fucked of with his friends. Let blacks sort out death eating mess.
Yara chapter 41 . 5/4
I read this whole thing in two settings. And here are my thoughts.

-Super strong beginning. Not just having Ron as the central time travelling character, but also having it be from a future where things ended up happily ever after like in canon (although that doesn't seem to be exact case). Usually, fics like this have the traveller coming from a super dark future which makes going to school and all the other stuff super trivial. But not this one. Good job.

-Ron is competent without moving into unrealistic territory. Explains his abilities pretty well. Although, the shadow clone jutsu was a little out there, haha.

-Ron, Violet and Hermione. Absolutely fascinating thing you've got going there. The best scenes are with them although I'd like to see more. That Violet and Hermione are also time travellers but not from a different universe is pretty brilliant. This is the best plot line you've got going and I can't wait for things to come to head, hopefully soon before the all tension is lost. And fem! Harry.

-Ron's group of Slytherins are pretty bland, sorry to say. The whole 'M' lady' witty banter just doesn't work for me. Neither do the group dynamics, nor how they are so unquestioning of the peculiarities regarding Ron. And the whole pure blood politics. I feel like Ron would be rolling his eyes a whole lot more at some of the customs. Also, his dialogue suffers when he's with them. And now they're a bunch of superpowered second years after all the training. I'd have preferred if Ron pretended to be a normal first year a whole lot more.

-The sexual dialogues, it makes sense for Ron and Violet seeing how they're both very much older. But when he's making implication of Daphne having her way with him and all the other things, it falls into the 'witty' banter category. And people like Mariana and Bellatrix making sexual jokes about a twelve year old Ron is just kinda horrifying.

- Wasn't a fan of the Delacour plot line, felt like filler.

- Ron just going with the flow about changes. I expected a lot more feelings about Hermione. If we're to believe this Ron spent a lifetime with Hermione, I would expect him to he a whole lot more affected with this version's hatred for him. I would expect him to try to fight back and win her over and be pretty disappointed or angry when it turns out she was so very different from his Hermione. Nice touch with always having him call her Granger inside his mind (likewise with Molly) but while subtlety has its merits, I'd have liked to have seen more angst about Hermione. I feel she's a bit underused as a character too, would love to see more interaction between just the two of them.

-I would have liked to have seen some ho yay moments when Ron realises he's listing after his female version of his Harry. That has to mess with him a little. Haha.

So, obviously a bunch of problems, but the core ideas are so Goddamn good and redeems most of the flaws for me. Please do continue. Hope you update soon.
The comment below me omg

Also i hope you update soon this story is great
Krimzonrayne chapter 41 . 5/2
The best ending is obviously all four of them get it on all freaky like
1,296 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »