Reviews for The Red Knight
ClumsySavage chapter 1 . 2/26
Great Story man. It's a shame we don't get updates anymore
Raphael Barton chapter 47 . 2/11
wow great story can't wait for more
Clumsy Psychopath chapter 35 . 2/7
Right... this one's for those of you who think Ron's a wimp a simp and a bloody idiot. Don't leave the story just yet. Trust me, it gets better. I decided to stick with it and Im glad I did.
Lord.Raven6 chapter 47 . 1/30
Its so sad that this is basically died for sure...its the fic that made me see ron in a new light, and it's also great. Check back every so often but...no update...
AC.nelli chapter 47 . 12/28/2020
Even though I read this story I already, I still found myself on the edge of my seat rereading it.

This is such a good story with a very great concept and also super well-written.

You did a damn good job writing the character Ron Weasley. Not only his humor, sarcasm and wit but also the realistic take on an adult mind trapped in a younger body. Ron's past experience and knowledge paired with his undeveloped magical core had been executed brilliantly imo.
What I love the most is that you expanded on Ron's tactical mind and also his still lingering insecurities. While he kind of moved past them in his previous life, embracing his skills, he never truly lost the mind set that he's the one easily overlooked. While that might be true how the rest of the world sees him, it's certainly not true for Harry and Hermione. To those two he always was the most important person in the world, not replaceable at all, even with his faults, shortcomings and mistakes. Those short glimpses of his past life made that obvious.

If this story continues, I hope Ron learns that much about himself. Not just considering Ron and Hermione but also his Slytherin friends. And I suspect he and Violet will become a lot closer too, now that the air got cleared and they know who he is.

I'm not gonna lie, I'd love to see this story to be continued. There is so much left to tell, especially the ongoing quest of Violet and Ron helping her. How it will continue with Granger (I still hope she can find herself out of the hell she's living in, but considering what she went through, that's almost impossible. At the very least, it will take a very long time).
We don't know everything about Daphne and the Greengrasses yet. And it would be very interesting to see how Ron continues his school years as a Slytherin.

That being said, thank you for the 47 chapters you provided us with. Even incomplete it's a fantastic story. As a Ron-centric reader I appreciate fanfiction written about him, especially good stories like yours. If some reviews you got are any indication, you probably get also flooded with PM's about demands to update this story. As I said, I'd be more than happy to wake up to an update to this story one day, but this story still needs to be an enjoyable hobby for you. You should be having fun writing this story just as much as we love to read it. As a writer who doesn't get anything out of writing this, us readers certainly don't have the right to demand anything from you at all, but be thankful what we got already.
So, I can just speak for myself, but please know your effort is much appreciated. Your story also was inspiration for one of my favorite stories and that alone is something to be thankful for.

I hope you had a kind of enjoyable year despite everything going on in 2020. Whether that's the case or not, I wish you a great year 2021.

P.S. I PMed you and just in case FFN doesn't send you a notification on this, I wanted to let you know this way
AC.nelli chapter 38 . 12/28/2020
I find it super strange they kind of want to have Daphne married off or, at least, bound to someone so early in her life. Very interesting this whole Greengrass thing.

And even though I don't know how James fits into all of this and what he gets out of helping Ron, he's a super interesting character. And he would be a prime Auror/fighting partner since communication is much easier with his gift.

I also want to say that you nailed Ron's character, especially his humor, wit and sarcasm. That press scene with Fudge was super funny.
AC.nelli chapter 23 . 12/26/2020
The Wicked Witch. Does she just want the diary? And was that an attempt to figure out if the burglar at Malfoy Manor was indeed Ron?

Sweet take on the bracelets, since Violets seems to be pretty much useless.
What did he get Hermione though? The same bracelet?
AC.nelli chapter 22 . 12/26/2020
Poor Ron...Christmas must be the hardest. Knowing he'll not see his children, wife and friends ever again. And that most likely, he can not rebuild it.

The bracelets were a nice idea to protect his friends. And he should be able to repay Darius pretty soon, as he pointed out already. Btw, it's pretty nice to see how Ron apparently learned over the years that it's okay to take offered money from someone else. Especially when you plan to pay them back.
Guest chapter 19 . 12/25/2020
Whelp...Hermione must come from a Ron Bashing world or something. My gosh, what the heck Granger?
AC.nelli chapter 20 . 12/25/2020
Really great take on foreign magic. Although I wonder how Ron's clone is doing with Daphne and the other party guests.

Ron got his hands on the first Horcrux...I think that's Violet who surprised him there? I don't remember everything when I first read that story.

But I remember the good quality of the story correctlyMerry Christmas!
AC.nelli chapter 18 . 12/25/2020
Malfoy Manor is gonna be interesting. Especially because of the memories it holds considering his Hermione.
Again, I loved Ron's use of his old Auror skills, even if just for something like eavesdropping. But he should tone it down with the adult banter if he doesn't want to raise suspicion.
AC.nelli chapter 17 . 12/24/2020
This friendship contract indeed sounds kind of shifty, like they want to marry off Daphne withour everyone being the wiser haha. But the Greengrasses seemed nice enough. It will be good to see Ron gaining experience and influence through these Tournaments.
AC.nelli chapter 16 . 12/24/2020
I like how Ron uses his former Auror tactics and skills to solve this crime against him. And how he's still in denial about his old friends of a former life.
55artix chapter 1 . 12/17/2020