Reviews for Follow the Leader
RAGA chapter 1 . 9/1/2019
Oh, but I do have to disagree about TK being the type to only assume the worst about people. I think he's more the type to mostly see black and white and has a hard time seeing that someone could switch from one to the other or fall in a gray category. I do think he could've been a leader if he was forced into being so, but I think that Davis is a more natural leader and someone TK would've handed the reigns to anyways.
RAGA chapter 1 . 9/1/2019
I think the problem for Davis being leader at the start of DA2 was just that. That he was designated leader from the start, despite not having any experience with or real knowledge of Digimon or the Digital World and that there were at least 2 others who did have those already present. It wasn't like with Tai, when the 7 were literally stranded and no one knew what was going on. Plus, both Tai and Matt fought for the role (though I don't think Matt really wanted it) and other members had their problems with Tai as well, before Tai was truly accepted as the group's real leader. For Davis, it was basically Tai saying he's leader and everyone in the new team agreeing without much of a fuss (I would've thought Yolei at least would've challenged it). Further, I hated that this was a plot device to push the original cast into the background.

That's not to say that Davis should never have been the leader or that he was a bad one, just that the way it was handled didn't make it feel proper and fell flat in a narrative perspective. Basically, I'd have like to have seen it take a bit more time for him to earn those googles because I do think he was the right one for the role in the end, and for all the reasons you gave in your fic. Maybe in a scenario like after everyone got their digieggs and it fell on him to get everyone to fight together.

But that didn't happen and DA2 had other irredeemable flaws as well, so it will forever remain on the lower end of the spectrum on my list for favorite Digimon series. Ah, well, at least there's awesome fanfics like this to smooth out those narrative bumps.
Guest chapter 1 . 8/12/2018
Such a good moment between these two! :D Great job!
KumoFuzei chapter 1 . 6/6/2017
I liked the initial description of the kicking the ball a lot more than I probably should have. It was very easy to imagine and really got me engrossed from the get-go.
Poor Veemon. You really captured that scene well.
Not much more to say except it's a beautiful exploration into both character's psyche and their friendship. Nice work.
DarkBalance chapter 1 . 10/23/2016
I liked this a lot! It really hurt hearing Davis doubt himself, but TK being there to pick him up really made me happy. In all honesty, I almost scrolled past this fic, but I'm so glad I gave it a chance!
Ecila of Wonderland chapter 1 . 10/20/2016
Please make more stories like this. It's beautiful.
Guest chapter 1 . 9/13/2016
Great fic. Felt like something that happened off screen on the show.
dnofsunshine chapter 1 . 9/13/2016
Daisuke's friendship with Takeru isn't exactly something the creators highlighted in the series. That is why I love this one-shot so much—this was so great, I love the way it is written and the way you portrayed both characters. I seriously wish they could have had a moment like this after that episode. Awesome job.
Guest chapter 1 . 9/12/2016
I made a type before

*Fanfic

* Takeru is not as Pushy as Daisuke and Taichi is when they are leaders ...I think. And I mean pushy as in the good way type of pushy although both had to learn, they still managed to do it well. I'm quite unsure on how Takeru would push a team if he would be the leader, like he is cheerful and an upbeat person and ready to do and help Digimonand stuff, but he is also realistic and due to experience cautious and kind of wise(not wise wise, but wise as in still a different kind of wise)-but would he say okay a team let's go? With a bit of experience and after it is made clear to him that the team sees him as a leader, propabl yes. But yeah 02 character didnt handle character development as good as they could have including Daisuke and Takeru although I am in love with Ken character development. Anyhow quite a few things are uncertain for both characters , but yeah that is from what I can gather from things that were certain plus knowing their characters through name meaning etc. XD

I wonder how Patamons and Vermons friendship would be 8)
Guest chapter 1 . 9/12/2016
Hey, I love friendship fabrics although I love to see Digimon friendships more, this was still good.

One little thing I disagree on , and I could be wrong, is the characterisation of TK and Daisuke and arguably Taichi.

Taichis leadership skills relies on never leaving someone being, treating everyone equal you are familiar with the Digimon Novel , you will see while no one took notice of Koushiro or Sora as the only girl member, it was Taichi who treated them equal and with respect. Yes he had to push the group , because a leader still needs to make his team move forward despite everyone not agreeing with each other, they should still respect and follow the leader. (A lesson taught in one piece as well)

I love this fact you mentioned and agree that Daisuke is not the same type of leader as Taichi. The only reason he saw the good in Ken is because the Digimentals of miracles showed him Ken's heart as shown in the original Japanese series. But yes Daisukes strength are, or how they were hinted at the beginning even if not properly developed in the series: his will to push forward, a guide for people when most people would say no because that is embarrassing - he would still do it once he knows he actually wants a future in this sort of activity. Just like his ramen shop dream. He does let the emotions get the best of him but he should learn once he becomes an adult. His willingness to do impossible is kind of important althoug he should be careful of not being reckless. And the usual stuff in chosen children, of wanting to help and do good for the world etc

Takeru doesn't see the bad, he could be the leader just as much as any of the chosen children could be with a bit of experience. I mean, I'm pretty sure once Koushiro grows and becomes the head his researching team, he will be the leader of his team. Although I agree, in the surviving scenario of digital world, taichi is the most natural and talented one. Takeru is not negative, but he has experience and is sort of wise since he experienced death at a young age and will grasp hope with his wisdom immediately. Ge is not as pushy and wanting to go forward as Daisuke or Taichi I think...
KisunaFuji chapter 1 . 9/11/2016
this was really great
ToastyToaster22 chapter 1 . 9/11/2016
That was wonderful! I really love seeing people explore TK and Davis' friendship. You do it well. Thanks for the little story! And hooray, I will look forward to your Voltron fic
Ultimateblack chapter 1 . 9/10/2016
I love Daikeru friendship. Davis is a dork, but he's a loveable dork. There's always the question of why TK never became the leader. Well I never saw him as a leader because he never did lead the group in season one. He was just a kid who tagged along and needed saving. He may be 'experienced' but he's no leader. That is why his and Kari's roles as background guides and observers are important, because while they don't lead, they have an influence. The earlier part of the show had them always overriding Davis' commands because he wasn't good enough yet, but after that I think the group functioned quite well thereafter. Well done, mice one shot
piccolaamica chapter 1 . 9/9/2016
cute

Davis and Tk friendship

Tai and Matt friendship
Sweet Cari chapter 1 . 9/9/2016
I hardly ever see a Davis/T.K. friendship fic, but you've done an excellent job with the characters, especially putting more emphasis on Davis's doubts regarding Agumon's brainwashing by the Digimon Emperor. Awesome work!